+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Gut, I don't remember all the details as to how the cat came to stay with you. But is the daughter not old enough to care for the cat on her own? She can't scoop a litter box or feed it? Or has she been staying with relatives while her mom has been in the hospital? I hope it all works out and he goes back home soon.

She lives with her grandparents. Don't know the whole story. Mom is going to be surprised at how big the kitten got while she was gone.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, I hope things work out for Frosti to be able to go back home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2798140;
    misskitty: That is beyond cute. I love that pic! Lexi is Lil Bit's doppelgänger. Seriously, that could be a picture of Lil Bit. Except, Lexi is much sweeter than Lil Bit. I think Lil Bit is Lexi's evil twin.
    Awww. I don't think there is anything evil at all with Lil Bit! And Lexi does have a little bit of taz in here!

ARC: LOL "twin sinister" Oh Snap!

Gutmutter: I hope everything works out with Frosti. I just love having a kitten sleep up close to my face and purr, and have her whiskers tickle me, and feel her paws kneading my pj's and her cold little wet nosie checking to see that I am still breathing I must have been a kitty in another life. Or several lives!

myrosiedog: We want another bunny picture please.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I tried to get Lexi in a little kitty sweater today. She wanted to go outside but it's too cold and scary. She does not like to get dressed. No. Nada. UnUn. Trying to get a pic of her in one just like my av.

Attachment 23435

BTW: Aunti Twin Sinister brought my kitties a new treat. It's great for Mr. Tootles and Lexi because they don't like to lick up hairball goop that comes in the tube. They ate this up like candy. Try it out! It's Defurr-Um treats for Cats and Kittens. It helps prevent and remove hairballs.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I've been trying to take bunny photos, but she is fast and not very co-operative. I will keep trying and try to post what I get that isn't blurry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Delaney was our family dog and the light of our life. She died last night after a 6 month fight with cancer.

We rescued her in 1999 from the Australian Shepherd rescue north of Houston. She loved to ride in the car, get into any trash she could find, and just be a happy dog.

Oh, how I miss her but she did not suffer long last night. I even think she had her way of letting us know that it was ok after she died. After my Mom, boyfriend, and I loaded her into the car and were driving to the Emergency Vet Clinic, she passed in the car. When we got to the clinic, two of the vet techs came out with a gurney to help us bring her into the clinic so they could clean her up and so on. As we were getting her body out of the car there was a huge gust of wind and a sudden downpour of rain that stopped the minute the techs rolled the gurney into the building. When the vet tech was kind of joking "Wow, where did that come from?", I said "maybe it was her letting us know that she got to doggie heaven ok."

Awww, psycobabe. I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a great last several years of her life.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I really shouldn't read this thread at work. It's unseemly for someone in my position to be seen with tears in their eyes at work.

I'm so sorry for your loss psycobabe. Delaney was a beautiful girl, and I'm sure you will miss her terribly. My heart goes out to you. I must say though, it's hard to feel too sad when I look at that beautiful face. She looks like a very special girl.

"Wow, where did that come from?"
    When I read this I was reminded of a poem I posted here a while ago. It is inscribed on a stone inside the entrance to the Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary's pet cemetery...

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

psychobabe. What a happy looking, cute dog. I'm sure she had a great life with you.

+ Reply to Thread