+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Uncle David...you and your gorgeous girls! Looks like Lil Bit got caught in a headlock, and you caught her and Greta in a moment of reflection! Anybody who grew up with an older sibling should recognize that look!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My only regret is that I had to take the picture with my camera phone. The digital camera was in the other room, and if I'd gotten up to get it I would have missed the moment. Still, I can't look at it without smiling.

Greta is looking, somewhat, victorious........Lil Bit has a look that says, "Hmmm..."

They are too funny!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

UncleDavid: AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! So incredibly sweet! You must submit it to Hallmark. They are having a competition for pets for new cards. I posted it earlier. You have to live in the US to submit. Do it! Do it! Do it!

Bunnie: What a sweet kitty Clara is..so laid back, literally!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This just came up on LOLCATS.COM - Funny Lolcat Pictures.
    Someone has proposed with their kitty! Her answer should be shown later today!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Greta WAS victorious. Here's what happened...

Lil Bit and Greta had been roughhousing next to me in their bed. After a moment I realized there was no longer any noise coming from my left. When I turned to see what was going on there was Lil Bit looking up at me as you see in the picture, but Greta had her head down as if she was about to go to sleep. It was hilarious. It seemed as if Lil Bit was saying 'Daaaad!' But, by the time I had fumbled to get the camera phone ready, Great was looking at me, and thus the picture you see posted. Still works, but I wish you could have all seen it with Greta's head lying down.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2796424;
    Someone has proposed with their kitty!
    Absolutely hilarious! If she says no I'm sure there are other women who will go for it.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 02-15-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Bunny, extend Clara's name to ClaraCutie! Great pics!

Have you heard the story of Nubs?
    For Maj. Brian Dennis, the Semper Fidelis credo extends beyond his fellow Marines.

The story began with a few e-mails Dennis sent home about a dog his unit had met while looking for insurgents along the border of Iraq and Syria. If all goes as planned, it will end with a man and a dog he grew to love reunited on American soil.

A pack of desert dogs lived at one of the Iraqi border forts the unit patrolled. A wiry German shepherd-border collie mix was the alpha dog. Maj. Brian Dennis took a liking to the animal, whose nubby ears had been cut off as a puppy. Dennis, a 37-year-old Marine serving his second tour in Iraq, saw the dog about each time they visited the fort. He named him "Nubs."

At first, Nubs wouldn't give the Marine the time of day. "Nubs wouldn't have anything to do with him," Marsha Cargo, the Marine's mother, told ABC News. "Brian just kept working on him and working on him."

Over a period of months, the animal came around, befriending Dennis and his fellow Marines. During one visit, Dennis found Nubs with a deep puncture wound on his left side. He later learned the injury was inflicted by a screwdriver. He helped nurse the dog back to health.

The time came, however, for Dennis' unit to relocate 70 miles from Nubs' home fort. He may have wanted to take Nubs with the unit, Dennis wrote in one one of his e-mails home, but there were too many dogs to rescue and keeping a canine was against the rules. As always, Nubs sprinted alongside the Hummers as they pulled away for what Dennis assumed was the last time he would see the dog.

Two days later, Nubs wandered inexplicably in below-freezing conditions into Dennis' new camp, shocking the Marine unit. "I won't even address the gauntlet he had to run of dog packs, wolves, and God knows what else to get here," Dennis wrote. "When he arrived he looked like he'd just been through a war zone.

"Uh, wait a minute, he had," Dennis wrote.
    Here's the rest of the story. This is amazing.
    ABC News: Iraqi Dog Finds Marine After Miracle Trek

Well, that brought a few tears to my eyes. Dogs never cease to amaze me in their loyalty. That is such a great picture of him holding the dog. I'm glad Nubs will get to have a nicer life on the warm and sunny beaches of San Diego

Thanks Unk! I loved the stories.

+ Reply to Thread