+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Back in 1964 we adopted the two little calico sisters, we lived in a large upper flat and in the living room in the front we had the floor to ceiling drapes, and those two little dickens would start in the kitchen (it was a straight shot down the long hall) and tear through the palce and run UP the drapes and hang there looking around, like little tarzan kitties...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had the thrill of a tiny kitty running up the inside of my long house robe. She was half way up before I felt her swinging there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2786767;
    I've had the thrill of a tiny kitty running up the inside of my long house robe. She was half way up before I felt her swinging there!
    That's cute. I love when the little ones do that. One of the two sisters used to hang on the screen door also and go for rides.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I just had to share these. We bought a new camera a few days ago, to take picures of Koji of course, and also got him a new playground, to replace some of the empty boxes he loves to play in and has destroyed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Koji is so cute!!! and I love the purple 'boxes'

prhoshay: Better they run up your robe, than up your bare skin!

gabriel: Tarzan kittens! How true! I know someone named their kitty Dickens; he was a boy.

integra: Great boxes!! Koji will really love those. Great color too

I'm thinking of re-naming Lexi to Ping. As in PingPong. She just bounces around this house like a little white ball!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Law of Physics as applied to cats Part 1

1 - Law of Cat Inertia:

A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest unless acted upon by some outside force such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby scurrying mouse.

2 - Law of Cat Motion:

A cat will move in a straight line, unless there is a really good reason to change direction.

3 - Law of Cat Thermodynamics:

Heat flows from a warmer to a cooler body, except in the case of a cat, all heat flows to the cat.

4 - Law of Cat Magnetism:

All clothing attracts cat hair in direct proportion to the degree of color difference between the cat hair and the fabric color.

5 - Law of Cat Stretching:

A cat will stretch to a distance proportional to the length of the nap just taken.

6 - Law of Cat Sleeping:

All cats must sleep with people whenever possible, in a position as uncomfortable for the people involved as is possible for the cat.

Laws of Physics as applied to cats Part 2

7 - Law of Cat Elongation:

A cat can make its body long enough to reach just about any countertop which has anything remotely interesting on it.

8 - Law of Cat Acceleration:

A cat will accelerate at a constant rate until he gets good and ready to stop.

9 - Law of Obediance Resistance:

A cat's resistance varies in proportion to a human's desire for her to do something.

10 - Law of Rug Configuration:

No rug may remain in its naturally flat state if a cat is present.

11 - First Law of Energy Conservation:

Cats know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and will, therefore, use as little energy as possible.

12 - Second Law of Energy Conservation:

Cats also know that energy can only be stored, by a lot of napping.

13 - Law of Refrigerator Observation:

If a cat watches a refrigerator long enough, someone will come along and take out something good to eat.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did anybody watch Lemur Kingdom tonight? It is following some ring-tailed lemur families. They have the most gorgeous, long tails. Their social structure seems to be a lot like our buddies, the meerkats. I could see this show becoming addictive. Just learned that male ringed-tails fight without even touching...it's called stink fighting. They rub a scent from their wrists, I think, onto their tails and wave it at the other guy. Humans can't smell it, but the other guy sure can!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We had a major dilemma here these evening. Hardy sneaked into the basement when I went down to do a load of laundry. I have a finished family room which I never use and they have never been in except for an instance or two like this. Of course he was hiding and I didn't know he was there. I closed the door when I came up and I could tell by the way Laurel was acting that Hardy was in there. Laurel kept hanging around trying to look into the basement. Mean old me went on upstairs and let it be. I did look right back inside at first but didn't see Hardy. After about 2 minutes Laurel started whining like crazy, ran upstairs after me to let me know some thing was up. "What, Hardy is locked in the basement you say?" I was at him, poor thing. He was lost without his brother. So I go downstairs and start calling Hardy and he is mewoing like crazy behind the door. Now mind you this took all of about 3 minutes at the most. Poor guys. I let Hardy out and of course Laurel had to run over and start licking him. it was hysterical.

Hilarious Unklescott. I would have done the same thing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread