+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2783836;
    misskitty - Lexi is a little sweetheart! Glad to hear about the good check-up. How sweet you are to give her a great home.

I don't usually hang out in this thread, but I had to share my step-pets story. I think you guys will get kick out of it.
    I was really ill a couple of weeks ago, running a fever for 3 or 4 days. I went to my SO's house, so he could take care of me. His 3 pomeranians rarely left my side. They don't usually sleep in his bedroom, even when I am staying there, but they were in there as long as I was sick. I was getting some serious pom loving!
    The male would follow me around wherever I went, including the bathroom. This was the funny part. He would go in, sit near me, but very pointedly turn his head the other way. He wouldn't even peak until he heard me flush! It was very cute.

That story is cute cute cute and precisely why you NEED to hang out in this thread.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2783777;
    Frosty Paws is the name of the dog "ice cream". My dog goes crazy for them.
    Well Joey eats about 1/2 of my vanilla "drumstick" after I eat the nuts and the chocolate off of it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Yogurt Pupsicles

1 Tbsp. Hot Water
    1/2 tsp. Chicken Bouillion Granules
    16 0z. Plain (nonfat) Yogurt

Combine water and bouillion, stirring to dissolve.
    Mix bouillon mixture into yogurt and stir well.
    Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
    Serve frozen.

Our dogs go nuts for this treat! I think that cats might like it too. I got the recipe from a cookbook that we purchased from the local animal shelter. There are a LOT of other recipes in that book for homemade pet snacks, treats, etc.

MRD - our Simon hates ice cubes too - but he loves this!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I don't know why, but our babysitting Frosti the kitten, which was supposed to be for "a couple days" has turned into almost 2 weeks and he's worn out his welcome. The downstairs is a shambles. He has jumped up on my bureau and dumped my jewelry box on the floor, tears around the house knocking things over left and right - even in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep. I talked to the girl at school and she says her mom is coming home from the hospital "soon". The only thing that's keeping him from being locked in the basement is that he loves to sit on my lap and purr real loud. He's all white but obviously has the same Siamese father as my Siamese-marked Kimono because if he wants something he has that distinctive Siamese "voice"... which Kimono does not have. A little alarming if you're not used to it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Frosti...just being the kitten that he is. Just like babies...some are busier than others. I remember that, after not having a kitten in the house for years, I brought Celie home. She just about drove me nuts, and is still on a mission to get me there! It's the baby in her, and the other kitties join me with the bewildered look when she starts losing her mind!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

anemone: You're welcome here anytime!

Gut: Hmmm Frosti sounds just like little Lexi! Kittens. They don't stay still for very long. And if they do, you better go and check on what they're doing!

prhoshay: Yes, I've seen that bewildered look on both Gracie and Mr. Tootles lately!

I can't even start telling you the things that little Lexi has been doing in this house...I totally forgot what having a kitten around is like.

And I just found out that the lady who had the other rescued kittens (Lexi's siblings except for one brother) has kept all three!! And they are fostering a few dogs! I guess her house is absolute pandemonium. But they love it!

Kittens, they can stir up a lot by doing just a little.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-07-2008 at 02:13 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2785720;
    I don't know why, but our babysitting Frosti the kitten, which was supposed to be for "a couple days" has turned into almost 2 weeks and he's worn out his welcome. The downstairs is a shambles. He has jumped up on my bureau and dumped my jewelry box on the floor, tears around the house knocking things over left and right - even in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep. I talked to the girl at school and she says her mom is coming home from the hospital "soon". The only thing that's keeping him from being locked in the basement is that he loves to sit on my lap and purr real loud. He's all white but obviously has the same Siamese father as my Siamese-marked Kimono because if he wants something he has that distinctive Siamese "voice"... which Kimono does not have. A little alarming if you're not used to it.
    Dear sweet lady why don't you just adopt Frosti, I think being shuttled back and forth is upsetting. After all Dan will be leaving soon, and a feline is so much better for the nerves. There might be a day when you'll miss the little dickens.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2785987;
    anemone: And if they do, you better go and check on what they're doing!

And, just like little kids, if it gets too quiet.....you'd better go see what's going on...before you hear a huge crash!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When we first adopted Princess we had to keep her in the bathroom because everything I had read about ferril animals was they need to be in a small space to get used to it. Anyway, she would cry like a baby all night but when it got really quiet, I'd open the door to find her trying to tear the shower curtain to shreds!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2786372;
    When we first adopted Princess we had to keep her in the bathroom because everything I had read about ferril animals was they need to be in a small space to get used to it. Anyway, she would cry like a baby all night but when it got really quiet, I'd open the door to find her trying to tear the shower curtain to shreds!!
    Lexi has successfully attacked the shower curtain as well. I think it was Day 3? Holes everywhere.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread