+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Rattus and buglover: Thanks for the wishes.

prhoshay: Lexi has been checked by a vet when she was captured. She's had one of her shots, been fixed, and has a tatoo in her ear. But I think she has some wax in her ears, her tail has a little knob on it, (which is not bone, but maybe cartiledge), and a rib that sticks out a bit more thanI think it should.

When I adopted Mr. Tootles, he had just been rescued from a cardboard box by a river. I took him to the vet right away and he had some troubles including very bad ear mites which is contageous. So he had to be "housed" in a cage in the den and on medication for awhile. Poor little guy.

Kitty sneezes are cute until they blast you right in the face!
    But I prefer them to kitty farts in the face!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry to double-post but different subject. I lady I know (not too well) just got a pet lobster! She has an amazing salt-water fishtank. I've only seen pics and thought I'd share.

Attachment 23266Attachment 23267Attachment 23268Attachment 23269Attachment 23270
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Here are a few more for fishy lovers

Attachment 23271Attachment 23272Attachment 23273Attachment 23274Attachment 23275

My kitties would love to watch this tank!

PGM: Do you think you could talk Mike into a set up like this?
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2783211;
    Here are a few more for fishy lovers

Attachment 23271Attachment 23272Attachment 23273Attachment 23274Attachment 23275

My kitties would love to watch this tank!

PGM: Do you think you could talk Mike into a set up like this?
    He would love that! I would worry about the cost of it though! We have 2 tanks now and we add salt to them - not much - more of a conditioner for the fish. We have 2 Jack Dempseys in one of the tanks (the 20 gal) by themselves because they will fight with other fish. Then we have about 10 or so in the other 30 gallon tank. I think we have enough fish right now!

I just thought I'd update everyone on Lexi's vet appointment this afternoon.

She received a pretty good bill of health, considering she is a feral kitten. Her exam and nail trim were free! Lexi got another vaccine which was due and didn't like the needle much. She had to take a pill for worms because it doesn't appear she was de-wormed from the first vet. My Dr. said that this is what is likely causing her smelly kitty farts and gassy belly. She is gaining weight well but is still a bit small for her age. Her ribs are still showing and she has very bony shoulder blades. So she will be getting some moist food to fatten her up a bit.

Lexi also has some ear wax which Mom can clean. Lexi loves to have her ears massaged! There was a stitch left in Lexi's tummy from when she was fixed so that had to be cut out. So she has a little boo boo there now which will heal up soon. Unfortunately, Lexi has a bit of a deformed tail which was probably there from birth. The little ball at the back of her tail is mostly tissue and fat, not a fur matt that can be cut off. We are letting it be as it is not threatening and she would have to have surgery to have it removed. We will watch it and make sure there is no tumor or cyst there as she grows. She's also too skinny to have a microchip put in. It would hurt too much right now.

All in all, Lexi won the hearts of all the staff, met Tang, the resident clinic kitty (even gave him nose kisses), and travelled well in her pet taxi.

And you won't believe the gift bag she got for being a new patient! I'll post a photo tommorrow.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-05-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad to hear that the baby is doing well!! I know you are relieved to know it, too! I'm telling you, without pictures, it is so easy to forget that your babies were ever teeny! Love to both of you!

Thanks for sharing the great news!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Great news about Lexi!

Good that baby Lexi had a great checkup misskitty.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2782897;
    There is a frozen dog treat in the grocery store. It's called something cute like "Paws Cream" or something. I've seen it, but as ours don't like ice cubes, I don't know if they'd like that.

But I think the frozen yogurt thing they'd probably eat in the summer.
    Frosty Paws is the name of the dog "ice cream". My dog goes crazy for them.

misskitty - Lexi is a little sweetheart! Glad to hear about the good check-up. How sweet you are to give her a great home.

I don't usually hang out in this thread, but I had to share my step-pets story. I think you guys will get kick out of it.
    I was really ill a couple of weeks ago, running a fever for 3 or 4 days. I went to my SO's house, so he could take care of me. His 3 pomeranians rarely left my side. They don't usually sleep in his bedroom, even when I am staying there, but they were in there as long as I was sick. I was getting some serious pom loving!
    The male would follow me around wherever I went, including the bathroom. This was the funny part. He would go in, sit near me, but very pointedly turn his head the other way. He wouldn't even peak until he heard me flush! It was very cute.

+ Reply to Thread