+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2782076;
    Have you checked whether it's actually good for dogs? I have no idea, but I gather that milk isn't particularly good for adult cats, so I'd look into the same issue with dogs if you're considering feeding it to her regularly. Because you know, just like people, they love whatever does their body the least amount of good (as I trundle off home for a gin & tonic dinner ).
    Do tell. You simply must post the recipe in the recipe thread.

intigra Koji is a beauty. Love that dark spot over one eye.

Intigra: Nice to see you again. Koji is a very sweet looking kitty! Don't animals just love the funniest places to curl up in?

-

I have been giving Lexi a bit of vanilla yogurt when I give Gracie and Mr. Tootles theirs. She loves it! And I think it's helping her tummy adjust...not as many kitty farts!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have a recipe for frozen yogurt that our dogs love! It's basically just chicken broth and plain yogurt mixed together and frozen. I'll post the actual recipe later if anyone is interested. I don't know if cats would like it.

Henry alternated between sleeping and being my long little shadow all day. Thanks again for your concern and well wishes!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2782841;
    I have a recipe for frozen yogurt that our dogs love! It's basically just chicken broth and plain yogurt mixed together and frozen. I'll post the actual recipe later if anyone is interested. I don't know if cats would like it.
    I think they would like the yogurt or the chicken broth, but I'm not sure about them being mixed together...and frozen at that! I can just see little Lexi with her tiny pink tongue frozen on an ice cube of frozen yogurt!

MRD

There is a frozen dog treat in the grocery store. It's called something cute like "Paws Cream" or something. I've seen it, but as ours don't like ice cubes, I don't know if they'd like that.

But I think the frozen yogurt thing they'd probably eat in the summer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Princess cracks me up! Why do cats or dogs for that matter insist on dropping food in their water, going back to it a few hours later and sticking their faces in to get the food at the bottom? She does this all the time and sneezes every time because her whiskers get wet!! She's so funny!
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover: Princess sounds like a ball of fun! It's so cute when kitties sneeze!
    ----------

Lexi has her first appointment with my vet at 4pm this afternoon. We've had a break in the weather so I got the last appointment. She just going in to get a little check-up and get the files all started. I'm sure it will go well. I have a few questions for Dr.Gail and it is good for Lexi to get used to travelling in the car. Wish us luck!

Do I look bloated?
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Good luck misskitty! Princess hates riding in the car. She cries like a newborn baby the whole way there...lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

misskitty, I am wishing you luck with Lexi in the car. Both my boys howl piteously all the way there, all the way back. Though the howling is probably a healthy sign, so I wish you some howling .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a routine of never bringing a newly adopted baby into the house without having her cleared by the vet first. I pick her up, and head straight to the doc's office. Luckily, I don't need an appointment, and I just accept waiting as long as I have to wait to get the green light.

When I brought Chloe home, I didn't have a carrier with me, so they put her in this box, and she looked like a box of fried chicken! I hated that, but it was the only way we could travel, safely.

****************************** ****************************** **************

Kitty sneezes are cute until they blast you right in the face!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread