+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394959697981381885881088 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I have a pillow and a shoe box on the computer table for the cats. They are usually OK unless they think it's treat time and then they lie over my hand on the mouse and sit on the keyboard. Gotta love them though for all the joy they bring me.

Very nice fishies, Burntcrow. That has to be the cleanest aquarium I have even seen.

All the pets are so cute cute; thanks for sharing.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Does anyone else have pets who seem to be jealous of the computer? My kittie Stella is always all over me whenever I sit down by the computer - stepping on the keyboard, blocking the view and, of course, looking adorable while doing so. She's sitting on my shoulder at the moment. It's kind of cute, but it does get slightly annoying sometimes - especially when I have to write an essay.

But how could I possibly be mad at someone so cute?
    Wow, your baby looks JUST like my Jasper. And yes, both of my boys like to be near their mama and are constantly vying for my attention while I'm at the computer.

Hi ya'll.. I am a little bummed out, and I know this isnt the troubles thread, but my troubles is with regards to my pet. She is a miniature poodle. She will be 9 years old in February. She has been on phenobarb for seizures for the past six years. Although I was told that this medicine could do damage to her other organs, I knew she had to have the medication to control the seizures. Well today I got some bad news from her vet. She has been feeling really sick and just lying around the past two days, so we took her to the vet to find out what was making her so lifeless. Her liver enzymes were very high and they think her liver is trying to shut down. They think the phenobarb has done the liver damage, but knew that I had no choice but to keep her on it because of her seizures. I couldnt keep her in the hospital too long because of finances, and there was no guarantee that if she stayed longer that they could make her better. I allowed her to stay in the hospital overnight so they could get her started on some antibiotics and intervienious fluid. I have thought of having her put to sleep, but I feel if I dont give this medicine they are using to try and repair the damage that I havent given her the best I could. She is lying in her bed by my desk right now and it breaks my heart to see her go down hill so fast. She was running around and was active only days ago. Anyways, I just needed a place to vent..and I hope this thread is the right place since it is about my baby girl. I am going to continue the medicine they given me for her and to cut her dosage of phenobarb down as recommended by the vet and maybe her chances will get better. The vet just couldnt guarantee.. but he told me if she pulls through this than we could do more tests and work on repairing the liver and getting her on another medication that wouldnt do so much damage on the liver. Thanks for letting me vent.. I am just really heartbroken right now.

I am so sorry about your sweet baby girl and do not apologize for venting. We all understand how hard it is when our pets get sick. They are part of the family. One of my kitties has a thyroid problem and it took a long time to get her meds balanced out and I almost lost her before we got them right. Please keep us posted on her progress and we are here if you need an ear.

I'll keep her in my prayers. Catt
    Last edited by Catt; 11-20-2004 at 04:26 PM.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    canadian bunny!

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. To many of us, our pets are like children, and it's so hard to know that they're suffering.

Please vent anytime and know that you've got a support system here.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm sorry, Canadian Bunny. Hopefully your vet can figure out a good balance of medicines for your baby.

Im sorry Canadian Bunny. Reading your post was like deja vu for me....my poodle had started having seizure a little over a month ago and she was only 4. I hope that your poodle is going to be okay and that they can get her better and on the right medications.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    CB, no apologies needed, this is the place to vent about our little loved ones and their problems too. I am real sorry to hear about you poodle and hope he pulls through. It just kills you not to have $100,000 on hand to help them when they need it. I have been there and wished I had all the moeny to help too. take care and good luck. keep us posted.

Thanks Catt, SueEllen, Jewelsy, Shyra and Joeguy for all the nice messages. My poodle seems to be doing a little better today. She is eating and is able to walk better with more balance. I am hoping that she will pull out of this enough to where we can get her medicines to correct the liver problems. After watching her today, I am really glad that I didnt have her put to sleep. I just didnt feel right about it at all on Friday night when they were talking to me about her condition getting worse. I just told the vet that I could bring her here and she could die here with her family. Thanks to all of you for your concern and the love shown. It has been a hard weekend, but I am still watching her and know we arent out of the woods yet with her health. Keep us in your prayers and I will keep you guys posted as I know more about her health. Big hugs to all of you. Its nice to know that you got some place to let out your worries with good friends to support you here on the FORT.

+ Reply to Thread