+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

That's a great pic, queenb. I love that all you can see are eyes in the carrier.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2772884;
    Misskitty, maybe you should let Tootles give Lexi just a little nip, so she can learn to stop tormenting him. I know the mom-cats do it. Do you think maybe those kittens didn't get enough Mom time, so she might not have any idea when to stop playing? It is sad for them all to get so upset, isn't it?
    Like I'm having any better luck with my cat wars. This is the latest step, recommended by the vet, so Rocky can get used to BooBoo without them being able to actually make contact. This is about the only time he has really paid any attention to her sitting in the pen, though. Usually he just avoids even coming in the room with the cage.
    I was also told that with two cats this old, it could take quite a long time for them to ever tolerate each other enough to not be separated by something, and I might never be able to leave them out together unsupervised. I did think about calling BooBoo's old mommy to come get her, but I guess having your own room with daily attention is better than being closed up in a cold garage and mostly ignored.
    That looks and sounds like a good idea queenb! I put Lexi back in the den. At least she has a window, food, litter box and big screen tv!

Gracie is 9 and didn't tolerate Tootles when he arrived. So her anxiety is totally expected. Mr. Tootles was doing well, but yes, Lexi does not know when to call it quits. If he nips her, then that may teach her. I know that Gracie had to give Tootles a huge wallop with her paw and unfortunately got his eye with a nail which led to a vet appointment. But he learned.

Last night, I spent quality time with my big boy. He got a nice brushing, special cuddles and slept with me the entire night. He's just a whole lotta love.

I plan on working with Gracie more today.

It's so darned cold out, there's no point in going anywhere today.

Keep us posted on BooBoo's progress with Rocky!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Miss Princess will not eat the new food I got for her. She goes over to it, sniffs it and walks away. I suppose once she's hungry enough, she'll eat it. I thought she might be sick, but her eyes look fine and she's running around and purring and talking to us.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, maybe I missed it upthread...but why did you change Miss P's food?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She was gaining way too much weight on her previous food. Now she's being all snobby about the new organic food..
    Yup, with donuts!!

I know it might sound ignorant--but couldn't you just cut back on the regular food? I always wonder about that when I see the 'diet' pet food.
    And at least if your kitty loses a little, it's to her benefit!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

She loves the food so much she will eat it like a dog. Gulping all the way! If I only give her half the amount, she'll whine for more like a dog. I think she's confused as to her species..lol...she ate a couple kibble today so I do believe if she's hungry enough, she will eat.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

More kitty pix...

Apparently Greta doesn't completely understand how kitty carriers work.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David, I think Greta just wants to show that thing who's the boss!
    Also, it looks like Lil Bit is rapidly becoming Big Bunch. Her head looks bigger than Ella's already.

Misskitty
    , are you thinking the same thing I am? It's no fair that Uncle David is missing out on the drama we are having with our new cats!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb: I'm sure he's not missing out on drama. He's just not giving us the play-by-play!

Uncle David: Wonderful photos of your girls! Greta looks divine as ever. Is she bigger than Ella? Ella looks smaller but is soooo shiny. And my, has Lil Bit ever grown! She so pretty with her gold eyes! Her fur is just like Lexi's. Except, of course, she has a tail!

Lexi has taken to watching Mr. Tootles tail and trying to catch and bite it when she can. He lets her do it once or twice and then that's it. Big growl. I don't know if she knows what it is because she doesn't have one.

Gracie seems to have had her inner kitten awakened by watching Lexi go crazy with toy-toys. When Lexi is sleeping in the den, Gracie will become so playful, it reminds me of when she was a kitten. My, can she catch and tear apart a mousie with feather tails in seconds. She's a deadly hunter-ess.

PSA: For all you stooooopid Canadians with pets...if it's too darned cold for you to be outside, it's too darned cold for your pets to be outside!! . I can't believe people are leaving their dogs outside in this -47C windchill weather. The SPCA has had to rescue several dogs already! PS: don't walk them outside either unless they are huskys!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-29-2008 at 03:08 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread