+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

The girls are going to have their first check up since we moved over to raw food and no kibble. I'm certain they'll come out with stellar reviews.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

buglover: Kittys play Texas Hold'em poker online while we sleep!

myrosiedog: Message in a bottle...it says... Glad Waldo's happy again.

Gutmutter: I know exactly what you mean! I have to find a way to shut off the sound of my camera going on. It immediately spoils many shots!

gabriel: Is a wing commander the same as a wing man?

----

I may change Lexi's name. It might become MiMi. Because it's all about Me! She starts to mew and it's me, me, me! Either that or Peepers! As in Jeepers, Creepers... I look into those tiny wishful eyes and melt.

Mr. Tootles and Gracie are still fairly jumpy and anxious anytime the white tornado is out of her den. She is bolder than any kitten I've ever known.

Last night I was so upset I almost cried. I feel very bad that Tootles is afraid to come and sleep with me as he usually does and Gracie hides out in the basement so much. I just love them all to bits and I don't like seeing their discomfort.
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-27-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Uncle David, how did you get them to eat something different? I swear Princess if running around meowing even now. She's refusing to eat the kibble in her bowl.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I packed up the kibble, and put down the raw food. There was no choice in the matter.

Actually, I was lucky. I had never fed the girls wet food before so any wet food was welcome. The moment I saw they would eat the raw food the kibble disappeared. With the exception of a small amount of kibble every week or two (to help with their teeth) they now eat nothing but raw food.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The raw food is the stuff that comes in cubes right? When I had a dog, we would buy that type of food because his stomach was really fragile. Do you get it at a small pet store or Pet Smart type store?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've never seen raw food for pets at the large pet stores. I find it at either boutique pet stores or Whole Foods.

I'll have to check out a pet store by my office. I have no idea about small pet stores where I live now. I'm going to try the raw food too because I think she might do a bit better with it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover: UncleDavid is correct. The major pet stores don't carry raw food. I've found it in specialty boutique shops like Tail Blazers or Pet Planet. Try there.

UncleDavid: I hope that the girls check-ups go ok. I'm sure the vet will be astounded at how healthy they all are. You are a very good daddy!

BTW, has anyone heard of the discussion going on about whether dried potatoes are not as good as dried peas in all-natural dried kibble? Something about the digestability?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

<--- thought I'd use a pic of my 'precious' for the avatar.
    Dozer is a 7 year old Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler).

I have turned him into such a wuss.

He's gorgeous schmoo2!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread