+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'm going with Bowie's "Ground Control To Major Tom". Looks to me like she has on an early SciFi space helmet. That plus the lack of intelligence she displayed by getting stuck a second time inspired the title 'Space Cadet'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Space Cadet to wing commander, over....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2770955;
    I'm going with Bowie's "Ground Control To Major Tom". Looks to me like she has on an early SciFi space helmet. That plus the lack of intelligence she displayed by getting stuck a second time inspired the title 'Space Cadet'.

The papers want to know what kind of shirts she wears.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2770967;
    Space Cadet to wing commander, over....

This kind of reminds me about the time I put the garbage can lid on my head at Target (it looked like a 1960's B movie sci-fi helmet, like UD said) and looked at my friend and said "Space leader one to mother ship, come in mother ship" and caused the pepsi delivery guys to crash their handtruck in an aisle and drop 12 packs of pepsi that then split and sent cans rolling all over the store. I snatched that lid off my head so fast and my friend and I tore out of that store like we were on fire.

(ok, and I wasn't a teenager either. I was actually about 38 when I did that. What can I say. It was just one of those moments of insanity. and utter hilarity)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Taro (small dog - Japanese Chin) was minding his own business on my bed when Kimono (Siamese teenager) was tired out from playing with Frosti (white kitten we're babysitting). So Kimono decided to reunite with her old buddy Taro and curled up next to him. No problem. Then Frosti comes in to see where everyone is and took his cue to take a nap. So he stretched out over the top of Kimono making an X with the dog wedged into one of the angles. I thought, "Perfect opportunity to learn to post pictures" and got up to get the camera. That upset the apple cart. Everyone jumped up at once, got tangled, the dog panicked and ran, the cats started tumbling again. *sigh* That's why I painted you a mental picture.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

After changing back to the regular food from the new food, I have to say that Waldo is back to his old self. He is happy and active. His eyes are brighter and he's a lot more energetic. The change did not bother the other 2 dogs as much as it did him. And we got the new food on the reccomendation of the vet. I have my old Waldo back and he's in rare form as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2771621;
    After changing back to the regular food from the new food, I have to say that Waldo is back to his old self. He is happy and active. His eyes are brighter and he's a lot more energetic. The change did not bother the other 2 dogs as much as it did him. And we got the new food on the reccomendation of the vet. I have my old Waldo back and he's in rare form as usual.
    I would certainly tell the vet about this, as there may be others experiencing this and going back wondering why and they find no apparent cause. Good Mommy
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2771605;
    Taro (small dog - Japanese Chin) was minding his own business on my bed when Kimono (Siamese teenager) was tired out from playing with Frosti (white kitten we're babysitting). So Kimono decided to reunite with her old buddy Taro and curled up next to him. No problem. Then Frosti comes in to see where everyone is and took his cue to take a nap. So he stretched out over the top of Kimono making an X with the dog wedged into one of the angles. I thought, "Perfect opportunity to learn to post pictures" and got up to get the camera. That upset the apple cart. Everyone jumped up at once, got tangled, the dog panicked and ran, the cats started tumbling again. *sigh* That's why I painted you a mental picture.
    You must practice to S L O W L Y get the camera no unusal noises like humming or singing or whatever just make it like you're doing something else. but your mental picture was very entertaining.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

I plan to Gabriel. The new food was of course, MUCH more expensive, so I was stuck with it, but a friend of my husband's took it to see if his dog would eat it and if not, then he said he'd take it out to his dad's that lives in the country and scatter it for birds, squirrells, foxes, raccoons, etc.

Here's a Waldo story.
    My husband and I usually go to bed at the same time. He will watch tv and I read. ALL 3 dogs merrily go with us. Well occasionally, my husband will go to bed and I stay up. Rosie and Bogie go merrily with him. It disturbs Waldo. We are not ALL in there. He comes to where I am (usually on the computer) and stares at me and then turns around and starts to walk to the bedroom, looking over his shoulder to see if I'm coming. If not, he comes back, nudges my elbow and whines. This goes on, until I get up. Then when I get up, he is SO happy. He dances and prances his way to the bedroom in front of me, all the while looking back to make sure I'm coming. When I finally get in bed, then he is satisfied and content and lays down on the floor.
    Apparantly we ALL have to go to bed together or he's not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2771634;
    I plan to Gabriel. The new food was of course, MUCH more expensive, so I was stuck with it, but a friend of my husband's took it to see if his dog would eat it and if not, then he said he'd take it out to his dad's that lives in the country and scatter it for birds, squirrells, foxes, raccoons, etc.

Here's a Waldo story.
    My husband and I usually go to bed at the same time. He will watch tv and I read. ALL 3 dogs merrily go with us. Well occasionally, my husband will go to bed and I stay up. Rosie and Bogie go merrily with him. It disturbs Waldo. We are not ALL in there. He comes to where I am (usually on the computer) and stares at me and then turns around and starts to walk to the bedroom, looking over his shoulder to see if I'm coming. If not, he comes back, nudges my elbow and whines. This goes on, until I get up. Then when I get up, he is SO happy. He dances and prances his way to the bedroom in front of me, all the while looking back to make sure I'm coming. When I finally get in bed, then he is satisfied and content and lays down on the floor.
    Apparantly we ALL have to go to bed together or he's not happy.
    Sometimes we just need to do that to keep those critters happy, after all there will be a day that we will miss it. Joey does the same thing to me, I usually go to bed around 9-10:00, he jumps up lays by my head for his tummy rub and head skritch. If I am not especially sleepy and still on the couch he will jump up and start tapping me, jump down and walk towards the bedroom.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I had to switch food yesterday because I was out of my cat's normal food. Until about 2am this morning she literally was at my door kangaroo punching it or meowing non-stop like she was starving! I just had to laugh because it isn't like she's starving.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread