+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: For animal lovers

Sherri.........My dream dogs are English bulldogs and Great Danes and I've just ooh'ed and ahh'd over your adorable dogs....I hope you post pics often.

misskitty I love the photo montage of Lexi and the cup of coffee...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2765650;
    Tomorrow I have to board my little Smokey overnight because she's getting spayed on Thursday and I can't be there early enough to drop her off and still make class on time. So she has to go the night before. I'm going to miss her and hope she doesn't think I'm not coming back for her .
    I would be doing/thinking the same ArchieComic Fan. You let us know how she's doing ok?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Poor little kitty.
    Missing cat found in owner's suitcase - Yahoo! News
    Tue Jan 22, 10:34 PM ET

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - The last time cat-owner Kelly Levy saw her tiger-striped feline was before she took her husband to the airport. The 24-year-old came back to her house late Friday to find the bottom step, where Gracie Mae would usually be waiting, empty.

Levy tore the house apart looking for the 10-month-old tabby who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Then she got a phone call.

"Hi, you're not going to believe this, but I am calling from Fort Worth, Texas, and I accidentally picked up your husband's luggage. And when I opened the luggage, a cat jumped out," Levy recalled the caller saying, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Rob Carter, of Fort Worth, told The Dallas Morning News for its online edition Tuesday that he made it home with the suitcase.

"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," Carter said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

Carter said that he eventually was able to get the cat to come out from under the bed.

"In the morning, I got close enough to see its collar and the phone number on it," he said. "So I called the number and got a hold of the crying wife of the traveler."

Gracie Mae had crawled into Seth Levy's black suitcase undetected, been put through an X-ray machine, loaded onto an airplane, thrown onto a baggage claim conveyor belt and picked up by a stranger.

Carter delivered Gracie Mae to Seth Levy and the tabby made the 1,300-mile trip home on an $80 plane ticket Sunday night.

Carter said that he considered keeping the cat before he knew she had a home.

"If I couldn't have found a good home, I would have kept it," he said. "We were going to name it Suitcase."

poor poor kitty. Should be a reminder to people to check their luggage before they zip it up. Also check your clothes dryers before shutting the door and starting it, like my very stupid cousin did a few years ago.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2765582;
    It very well could be the food, switch back and see what happens. Waldo doesn't drink coffee, does he? Lack of caffene (sp?) could be doing it also.
    He probably would if he could.

Archie, we did mix it and now we are down to just the new stuff. They eat it, but they dont' like it and they act like they are STARVING and trying to take food out of our hands. Of course, it was reccomended to us by the vet.
    So we went last night and bought the old stuff and mixed it half and half and they FELL ON IT! So I think we are just going to go back to what they liked before.

Waldo kind of acts depressed. I really don't know. Its almost his one year anniversary with us. Maybe something seasonal is triggering his depression or maybe he's just finally gotten comfortable and lazy. Who knows.

Archie, I know how you feel about having to board. But after the Waldo incident in the car where he pooped all over, he may well have wondered if I was coming back to get him. And I didn't. I made my husband go.
    Best of luck with everything. It will be over before you know it and she will be back home loving on you.

Miss Kitty, those coffee cup photos were so cute. How do you stand all that cuteness?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have to use my oven as a heater because the wall heater isn't working. If I'm on the computer doing my job, the cat jumps up and nudges behind me. Yesterday she put her paws on the ledge of the oven (it's open to heat the room) and tried to climb in! I just put her on the floor and looked at her like she was nuts!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

That story made one of the morning news shows this morning. I don't remember which one was on as I was listening and not watching it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

How adorable is it when cats curl into the tightest ball they can while sleeping? Princess has her paw over her mouth and her tail tucked into her legs. It's so cute!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Unk: What a great story. I'm so glad the kitty was ok! Wow, she had a ride of a lifetime!

buglover: I love it when they curl up like that. Or when they're all stretched out because they are warm!

myrosiedog: I hope that Waldo is feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Miss Kitty, those coffee cup photos were so cute. How do you stand all that cuteness?
    It's really difficult. I have to walk around with a camera constantly and I am getting absolutely nothing accomplished!

Hey everyone. Hallmark is having a contest! Find your best pet photos and see if yours is a winner! I know that there are lots of pet photos here on the Fort that would be fabulous as real cards!

Attachment 23136
    Hallmarkcontest.com:yourPets
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hardy decided he needed a little lap time.

+ Reply to Thread