+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2761252;
    Doxie, those are hilarious photos. Simon sounds like Rosie. But then Henry and the electric blanket sound like Rosie too. She was in a pile of freshly laundered clothes out of the dryer today because they were warm. Thank goodness it was whites, because otherwise my darks would be covered in white dog hair like everything else.
    Thanks! Mr. Doxie decided to drag Henry out from under the electric blanket and take him out to check the mail and walk around in the front yard. Henry acted like he was being forced to hike across the Arctic Circle! He wouldn't move off of the front steps and ended up being carried the 30 feet to the mailbox. He was shivering when he got back inside and immediately headed back to bed.

I hate it when Simon and Henry get in the warm laundry. It is funny and they both love it but I end up with white Simon hair on dark clothes and dark Henry hair on white clothes!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2761278;
    My Stalker Kitty, Miss Celie, has taken to chewing on me like I am an ear of corn. She uses those little front teeth, after licking to prepare the spot. She is the silliest cat I've ever had, that I have not fully bonded with...and then she gives me this very direct look, and I melt. But she does get on my nerves!!! Oh, she will always have a great home here with me, but we have power struggles....and I am the one who feels guilty about them. I'm telling you, it just ain't fair!!
    Prepare to feel guilty no matter what. Kitties just have that effect! At least Miss Celie just chews a little bit. Mr. Tootles goes full on deep with his incisors leaving Dracula marks and bruises. But it's only because he loves me so much I hope that Sashay doesn't lose too much weight; she'll disappear!

doxie: I don't think any animal would want to go out in the cold when they could be warm and comfy-cozy inside where the treats are!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So I think my family sometimes thinks I'm certifiable, and right now I might just agree with them.

On Thursday, I adopted 2 Olde English Bulldogs. We originally went to adopt a cat for my son, but came home with 2, 70 lb. behemoths instead. They actually really seem like great dogs, we're just having a couple of issues with who's the boss in the house. Let me tell you, when a 70 lb Bulldog wants attention, he wants it now!

I also have a Standard Poodle and a Pomeranian, both of whom are also having issues with who's the boss. Dallas, my poodle, hasn't quite realized just how strong these two really are. He is very protective of me and has done his best to let them know their place in the house. That made me kind of nervous at first, if they had gone after him, it would have been almost impossible to stop them. But for the most part things have been going really good. We took them home on a 48 hour trial period and today I let the center know we would be keeping them.

My kids find it quite amusing. They always laughed about my "prissy" dogs. I have a 21 year old, who wasn't laughing, when my new "babies" had him down on the floor. I actually enjoyed seeing him flat on his back, with 140 lbs of solid muscle keeping him there! Guess that was payback for using me as his practice dummy, when he was in wrestling.

So anyway wish me luck. It could get interesting around here!

FORT Regular

misskitty your new baby is precious...enjoy her!

Sherri best of luck to all of you.....I'm sure it will all work out

Sherri: I think it is wonderful that you chose to adopt your new "babies" and I wish you the best as they and your other dogs get used to being a family.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2761289;
    She is trying to claim you and bond with you, as her mommy did with her. So BOND already!
    Well, I'd rather be gnawed like an ear of corn (Zippy did that, at it amused me no end) than the newest thang Since my 2 kitties are still "unleashing hell' if allowed together, I was letting them take turns sleeping with me. Well, till this week. BooBoo has decided that the thing to do is poopie wherever Rocky has slept the prior day--the first time I thought it might be an accident, she is kind of old after all. So I had to wash all the bedcovers, etc. Well, on her next turn she did it, while I was petting her
    I do have a box in the bedroom, and she was using it, until Rocky used it one time. Now she will not use that box, or any other he's touched. So, back to cat jail--I do visit twice daily to play and brush. The bad part is that she is just the sweetest kitty-except for the hating Rocky issue. But no more sleeping with me, for now at least.

This part really was really weird--I got one of those nylon dog kennels that's about 4x2x2 feet and put in some cat toys, a bed, and BooBoo, and put it in the middle of the living room, so that hopefully Rocky would check her out through the fabric. Well, I went to wash up and heard Rocky take of down the hall, so I came out to find BooBoo walking in the kennel and making it roll like one of those hamster ball things. I had to laugh, but I'm going to wait and let Rocky get over it before I try again--with a concrete block or something also in the cage to keep it stationary.

I really hope for some kind of progress sooner or later! And prhoshay, I feel guilty about all this too, so you aren't alone. Even though my cats each get more individual attention than many I've seen, and the 'jail' is actually a nice comfy whole room with kitty beds, condo, toys, and a big window with a wide sill to sit on, and a birdfeeder to use as cat tv.

About the cat sounds--most all cats I've ever had doo a lot of whirring, cooing, trilling, etc. in addition to the usual meow. Currently, when happy, Rocky trills, BooBoosays 'ma, not meow. The long meowis when she's demanding attention.
    Last edited by queenb; 01-20-2008 at 05:08 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2761639;
    I hope that Sashay doesn't lose too much weight; she'll disappear!
    Sashay has always been my largest baby, and all of this happened right after I lost Gail to a problem that caused her to lose all kinds of weight, so I was spooked; Sashay would not get off the bed to go eat when Celie was around (or it may, in part, have been some mourning the loss of Gail that made her so reluctant) I have been able to put all of Sashay's weight back on her, and I act as her first line of backup against Miss Celie. Fortunately, Miss Sashay has really grown in her confidence, and will happily take on Miss Celie, and even baits her. Sometimes, it sounds like they are coming through the ceiling, they are so off into it! Miss Sashay seems to have adopted the attitude, "I'm fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore!!" It's all good.

And my guilt from not bonding, fully, with Celie has to do with her sitting and closely watching me giving snuggles to Sashay and Chloe. Celie just stares. I can't snuggle with Celie much because she makes me sneeze (and makes my nose stuffy), and then gets too pushy. I'm really trying to find a solution. Celie is a roughneck!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-20-2008 at 11:41 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have you ever heard your pets snoring while they are awake? Buddy's eyes are open but he is fading fast and he is snoring before he's asleep! It is too cute!

I had a dog who used to do that about 10 years ago. We would sit there and stare at him and then we had to laugh!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Sherri - I think you are so lucky, I just love English bull dogs. How cool you got 2 at one time. Things are going to be interesting at your place while everyone finds their place on the totem pole. (I'm betting the Pom will end up being the boss)

I bought my dog Chico a new toy, and it just cracks me up. It's a stuffed mallard duck plush toy and it honks/quacks instead of squeaking. He's been running around dragging his duckie all day. He slowed down enough for me to snap a few pics.

If you steal my duck, I will hurt you.

Is someone coming to steal my duck?

OK, if you rub my belly, you can have my duck. for a minute.

+ Reply to Thread