+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

She is just the most precious thing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2760851;
    I love it when they cover their eyes and nose!!
    Me too. You just want to go give them love.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

A polar bear called Flocke | Video | Reuters.com

She has a name!! This is catching up on the little polar bear that was saved recently in Nurenburg.

A polar bear called "Flocke" (sounds like Flocker)
    The baby polar bear at Nuremberg Zoo finally gets her name.

"Flocke" means flake, as in snowflake, in German. Over 25 000 fans in Germany and as far away as Brazil and New Zealand sent in name suggestions to the zoo. Little Flocke is just 6 weeks old and is now being hand-reared by zoo keepers after they separated her from her mother.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

And in more international animal news....

Attachment 23061

Two 10 day old leopard cubs who were abandoned by their mother, find a home at an Indian zoo.

Forest officials rescued the cubs who were found by the side of a road and brought them to the zoo in the Uttar Pradesh state in India.

The female leopards called Suheli and Sharda are being bottle fed by zoo keepers hoping to restore their health. But some staff at the zoo are concerned that the cubs may not be able to protect themselves if they are released into the wild too early.

There is a great demand for leopard and tiger hides in India, and the survival of these animals is under a constant threat from poachers.

Abandoned cubs find new home | Video | Reuters.com

ETA : photos didn't download. How would I screencap the video picture..anyone know?
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm glad Lexie was able to slow down long enough for you to get some pics, misskitty. She is a pretty little snowball. My vet told me she didn't like to spay until six months. I took her last month for shots and wanted to spay her then but they had me wait and lo and behold she's now in heat. They'll probably charge me extra now . And now that you mention the pigeon cooing sound that Mr. Tootles makes, that's exactly what she sounds like and she's even more vocal while in heat. I was also thinking of the movie Gremlins. She sounds like a Mogwai .

misskitty-Cute pictures of Lexi.

ArchieComicFan - Your older cat has stopped hissing eh? heh heh heh - reminds me of when I got Joey in Aug 1996- Miss Mona had hissed and growled so much she ended up with laryngitis and could only eep... Then she beat the boy up and after that ignored him. It took about a good month for her to acknowledge him enough to give him the look.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gabriel, that photo of Joey is too precious. Aw, he has the life doesn't he? Rosie too, she's slept all day all snug and warm.

Doxie, those are hilarious photos. Simon sounds like Rosie. But then Henry and the electric blanket sound like Rosie too. She was in a pile of freshly laundered clothes out of the dryer today because they were warm. Thank goodness it was whites, because otherwise my darks would be covered in white dog hair like everything else.

Miss Kitty, Lexi is so cute. I would LOVE to have a kitty like that. Just adorable.

I do miss having cats. I haven't had one in probably 20-25 years due to allergies. But we have been talking that if we move onto some "land" and have a barn and a horse, I can get a barn cat to keep the mousies away. Isn't happening anytime soon, but one day.............

Archie, our dog Rosie thinks she's a cat and actually kind of "purrs" when we pet her. She grunts and moans a lot too. She's very vocal. But the funny thing is she actually quacks. Usually just before she is going to yak on the carpet, but it actually sounds like a duck quacking. She is the most vocal dog we have ever had. She doesn't bark a lot, but she sure does like to "talk"
    Last edited by MRD; 01-19-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My Stalker Kitty, Miss Celie, has taken to chewing on me like I am an ear of corn. She uses those little front teeth, after licking to prepare the spot. She is the silliest cat I've ever had, that I have not fully bonded with...and then she gives me this very direct look, and I melt. But she does get on my nerves!!! Oh, she will always have a great home here with me, but we have power struggles....and I am the one who feels guilty about them. I'm telling you, it just ain't fair!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2761278;
    My Stalker Kitty, Miss Celie, has taken to chewing on me like I am an ear of corn. She uses those little front teeth, after licking to prepare the spot. She is the silliest cat I've ever had, that I have not fully bonded with...and then she gives me this very direct look, and I melt. But she does get on my nerves!!! Oh, she will always have a great home here with me, but we have power struggles....and I am the one who feels guilty about them. I'm telling you, it just ain't fair!!
    She is trying to claim you and bond with you, as her mommy did with her. So BOND already!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not sure I've ever fully forgiven her for running the 3 pounds off my eldest gurl, Sashay. And she's still harassing her!!! I never had a need for water pistols until she moved in!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread