+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

MissKitty: Congratulations! Lexi is adorable. I bet the other kitties will adjust and you will have one happy little family!

It is sleeting here and supposed to change into snow overnight. It hasn't really snowed in the 6 years that we've had Henry and I can't wait to see his reaction. I suspect that he will hate it like MRD's Rosie does, but I have his sweater and raincoat and the camera ready to go!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie--I'm not going to take that bet; please be sure to show us Henry's reaction. And Simon too of course, but I bet he loves it. (If the promised snow shows up. I'm in one of the areas projected to be in the main part of the snow activity, but so far, nothing)

misskitty I would like to request a picture of the itty bitty tail, please Best of luck with your whole family of kitties.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Miss Kitty- Lexie is TOO cute. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink ears and nose with the white fur. She reminds me of Hello Kitty.

What a sweet addition to your household. I bet Gracie and Mr. Tootles will come around.

Congrats, have fun this weekend with your new baby.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My older cat has finally gotten over his initial distaste of the kitten and has moved past hissing and is now at the ignoring stage. I think he's decided if his back is to her then she doesn't exist . He still loves on the dog though. I wish he was still playful, as she could really use a playmate.

She is into everything, just like a toddler. And when I tell her no, she sneaks back and does it one more time to show me that what I say doesn't matter. She follows me around like a toddler too. If I'm in the bathroom, she wants to be there. If I open the pantry, she runs in to inspect. If I open a cabinet or a drawer, she has to see what's in there. I have to be careful I don't close her up in something. When I clean the litter box, she's right there (and also decides to use it right after). She likes to jump up on high places. My other cat never did stuff like that. So now I'm constantly picking up stuff she knocks down. And to top it off, she's gone into heat before her spay appointment. She's very vocal and runs all around the house. I have to be careful opening the outside doors because she keeps trying to get out.

I also have to shut her out of the bedroom at night because if I don't she runs around jumping on everything or is on the bed licking my hands or attacking my feet. I don't mind on the weekends but I have to be up early and she really knows how to keep a person awake! But shutting the door if the dog hasn't made his way in to the bedroom yet upsets him. He is blind now and doesn't move as fast as he once did. When I tell her no about something the poor guy thinks I might be talking to him. I will say she's very good with the dog. She seems to know he has ailments and she doesn't harass him. The one thing she does is bother him when he's eating (she thinks what's his is hers too), but other than that she doesn't pounce on him.

Does anyone have a cat that chirps instead of meows? She is not really a meower. She makes chirpy, gurgly, noises. It's really cute but she especially does it when I get onto her for getting into something I don't want her messing with. She makes a noise as if she's in a huff about being scolded. She does it everytime. She absolutely HAS to get the last word. I also put all her toys in a basket and she loves to knock it over and spill them all out. Her mindset is toys are supposed to spread all over. I've had to rescue several balls from under the oven.

Thursday she gets spayed so maybe some order will return to the house At the very least I hope it calms her down just a little. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to get another kitten so that she'll have another friend to play with when I'm not home.

Ah kittens, they really make life much more interesting and fun!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-19-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Well it is ONE degree here today and Joey is in his favorite spot, on a blanket in a sunny window, sleeping. Oh to be that boy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love it when they cover their eyes and nose!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2760510;
    Doxie--I'm not going to take that bet; please be sure to show us Henry's reaction. And Simon too of course, but I bet he loves it. (If the promised snow shows up. I'm in one of the areas projected to be in the main part of the snow activity, but so far, nothing)
    Simon refused to go out at all. We got about an inch and a half of snow and it's already almost gone. We bundled Henry up and he went out and waddled around for awhile. He didn't seem to hate snow as much as he hates rain, but he was certainly ready to get back inside where it is warm! He's now under the electric blanket and we probably won't see him for the rest of the day.

QueenB - have fun if you get some snow!
    Gabriel - I hope that you and Joey stay warm!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

doxie - those pictures are so cute.

Oh we are keeping warm. It's a nice toasty 70 degrees insde here. Joey is in his carrier sleeping after he just got up to eat lunch.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

queenb: I will try to get that itty bitty tail photo for you. She is just so fast, she never stays still long enough. I have a lot of photos that are either a blur or that she's run out of before the camera clicked!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2760659;
    She is into everything, just like a toddler. And when I tell her no, she sneaks back and does it one more time to show me that what I say doesn't matter. She follows me around like a toddler too. If I'm in the bathroom, she wants to be there. If I open the pantry, she runs in to inspect. If I open a cabinet or a drawer, she has to see what's in there. I have to be careful I don't close her up in something. When I clean the litter box, she's right there (and also decides to use it right after). She likes to jump up on high places. My other cat never did stuff like that. So now I'm constantly picking up stuff she knocks down. And to top it off, she's gone into heat before her spay appointment. She's very vocal and runs all around the house. I have to be careful opening the outside doors because she keeps trying to get out.

Does anyone have a cat that chirps instead of meows? She is not really a meower. She makes chirpy, gurgly, noises. It's really cute but she especially does it when I get onto her for getting into something I don't want her messing with. She makes a noise as if she's in a huff about being scolded. She does it everytime. She absolutely HAS to get the last word. I also put all her toys in a basket and she loves to knock it over and spill them all out. Her mindset is toys are supposed to spread all over. I've had to rescue several balls from under the oven.

Thursday she gets spayed so maybe some order will return to the house At the very least I hope it calms her down just a little. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to get another kitten so that she'll have another friend to play with when I'm not home.

Ah kittens, they really make life much more interesting and fun!
    That is just so true! Lexi is just like that; following me, mewing for things, just a running little ball of energy. Everything new is new again! Lexi is only 14 weeks old but she has already been spayed. I couldn't believe they do it so young now. Her little tummy is shaved and she has wee little stitches but you'd never know she had any surgery by the amount of agility and happiness she shows.

My Gracie doesn't really chirp; she kinda 'quacks' when I massage her and she gets really happy. Quite funny. I haven't heard another kitty do that. And Mr. Tootles tends to go from purring to making sounds like pigeons cooing.

I've alread discovered that Lexi will be a great hunter. She massacres toy mice and feathers. She can climb to the top of the cat tree in seconds, to the total dismay of Tootles. She an crawl up the side of my sweater and get onto my head, for the best view possible.

I've put her back in her den home so I can get a shower in today. Mr. Tootles is more comfortable with her being around. They played paw-paw under the den door last night.

Gracie, however, is still spooked and runs downstairs the moment I let Lexi out for a run. I am giving Gracie extra love and ensuring her that she is loved and safe. Gracie was traumatized when Snowy passed so quickly and Tootles appeared very fast thereafter. It took awhile for her to realize she was safe and this was her home regardless of any other cats.

I feel bad that she is stressing but I know she needs time.

gabriel: Oh My! Mr.Joey is saying "It's tooo bright in here! Turn down those lights, will ya! I'm trying to get in a little cat-nap!"

doxie: Henry looks so funny with that big coat on him. At least he's courageous enough to go outside for a wander in the snow! Good boy gets a nice warm blanky as a reward!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-19-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

queenb: Here you can see her tail in two shots. There's a long furry top and then she has almost a little furry ball that is behind it. It looks like a bundle of tangled fur. I'm not quite sure where her actual tail goes. It looks split but it isn't.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread