+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2758070;
    myrosidog - you & hubby are so wonderful for having given Waldo a home where he can be a carefree canine. That first picture sums it up. " I CAN PLAY!"
    Thank you Gabriel. This actually brought tears to my eyes. He's come so far in the almost year we've had him. He's not nearly as afraid as he was. And he's become, "almost normal".

He is very loved and has become more secure. We still see flashes of that insecurity and fear, but they are fewer and farther between now.

And he's brought us so much joy and laughter. He really is a funny dog. And the things he does are just too funny.
    I was sitting on the bed yesterday and he was sitting behind me. He is as tall as I am when we both sit on the bed. I was trying to put on socks and he kept trying to lick my ear. I am very ticklish so when he'd do it, I would hunch up my shoulders and laugh which just encouraged him more. I almost never got my socks on as my ear was unprotected if I did. So when he got tired of that, he just turned around and started hitting me in the head with his tail.

Trixie, Rosie was mad. First of all it makes her mad when the boys have fun and they were definetly having fun. And she really hates snow and cold. She kept going out and looking at it expecting it to be gone everytime she went out and would look at me like: "You have NOT cleaned this mess up yet!"

Queenb-I'm sorry to hear about Rocky. In the excitement of the snow (sorry, we are a bunch of Floridians who are still excited by it), I forgot to post that I hope he will be ok. At least he has you to take care of him. I've learned sadly, that many pet owners just don't care and don't seek help or treatment.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am a good one for going to the vet with the complaint, "Something's just not right." I guess that's how I established such a good relationship with my Dr. David. I take my gurls to the vet just like I would take my son...and not much would have to be wrong. Medically, I'm pretty good, but I don't like to let anything linger without some kind of answer.

When my gurl, Gail, was alive, I would take my clothes to the living room to get dressed for work in the morning while I watched the news. She developed this thing where she would stand in front of me, and start shifting from foot to foot....getting ready for attack mode. She'd wait until I had one foot up to put on a sock, and she would spring at my foot!! She'd be nipping and I'd be yowling and rolling all over the couch trying to get away!! This only went on for about 5 seconds, but it was a morning ritual for some reason. Then she'd strut off, feeling very proud of herself, only to return again the next day...kind of like The Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote. Geez, I miss my cantankerous baby.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2759121;
    When my gurl, Gail, was alive, I would take my clothes to the living room to get dressed for work in the morning while I watched the news. She developed this thing where she would stand in front of me, and start shifting from foot to foot....getting ready for attack mode. She'd wait until I had one foot up to put on a sock, and she would spring at my foot!! She'd be nipping and I'd be yowling and rolling all over the couch trying to get away!! This only went on for about 5 seconds, but it was a morning ritual for some reason. Then she'd strut off, feeling very proud of herself, only to return again the next day...kind of like The Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote. Geez, I miss my cantankerous baby.
    Sorry, but for some reason your cat stories keep reminding me of my cat stories . Our dear departed Spotty, a beautiful, good natured Maine coon cat (another stray who moved in with us) had a not-so-delightful habit. If we were doing the dishes, making dinner or otherwise standing in the kitchen and not feeding him, he would open his giant maw and clamp down on the nearest calf. Being a coon cat, he had a jaw the size of a small cougar, complete with the appropriately sized teeth, so he invariably drew blood. I actually kind of miss not having my Achilles tendon chewed upon occasionally.

I can't remember whether I've posted the story of how we came to share a house with Spotty, but if so, I'm going to post again. We used to leave the window open all night, no matter what the weather. One night, we're lying in bed and we hear an incredibly loud purring between our heads. It woke us up because our boys were not big time purrers, and there we see a giant, dirty cat curled into a ball between our pillows. Mr. Rattus picked him up, put him out the door and came back to bed. A short while later, more purring, big dirty cat is back. And so out the door again. Of course, he came back, so this time, Mr. Rattus put him out the front door, thinking he'd be on his merry way. Uh uh - once more, big dirty is back in bed with us. So Mr. Rattus put him out one last time, and this time shut the window.

The next morning, I open the bike shed to, obviously, get my bike, and this big, dirty cat comes shooting out (he got in through a hole in the door), and he stands there staring up at me imploringly. I look at him for about 30 seconds, and because the temperature is hovering near zero, I open the back door, tell him to go inside and then head off to work. I called Mr. Rattus when I got to work, told him that I'd let big dirty back in the house and he was not to kick him out when he got home. So with some health care, cleaning, grooming, defleaing and neutering, we ended up with the loveliest, most patently grateful cat we've ever had, and not a day goes by when I don't miss him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus, what a neat story! I'm telling you, when they choose you, you've got to be a seriously heartless human being not to accept the fates. How lucky you were! Thanks for sharing that story. I adopted my Gail from my barber and, she, too, was one of a kind. She was a charcoal grey long hair that always looked like she was having a bad hair day. And she was brilliant. She, honestly, looked like that drawing of the long-haired gray cat that you would see on some Hallmark cards. If I would dare hold up my "talk to the hand" hand, she would leap up, determined to leave some kind of nip on my arm! She didn't take well to perceived insults! If we made her come into the house against her will, she'd actually run over and slap either my son, or the other kitty (Sashay), whomever was closest.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-18-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD; What adorable photos! They all look like they are having a blast! Rosie is so cute in her outfit and definitely cozy by the fire. Bogie sounds like a hooty-hoot; trying to catch and eat snow. And Waldo, what a big happy lug he is!

Unk: Yes, I'll have to find the manual and check that out. I'm sure it's not the last time it will happen.

prohshay and rattus: Such wonderful stories of your babie. Thanks for sharing those.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I has a new baby girl!!! Her name is Lexi and was a rescued kitten from feral parents. She is about 14 weeks old and has stolen my heart! She is part manx and so only has a wee little tail.

Gracie and Mr. Tootles are a bit dumbfounded about what she is and why she is here in their home...this might take a few days of getting used to.

I've made the den her new little room until everyone gets settled in together. She slept on my chest curled up in my arms last night on the couch. She purrs a LOT.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If I would dare hold up my "talk to the hand" hand, she would leap up, determined to leave some kind of nip on my arm! She didn't take well to perceived insults! If we made her come into the house against her will, she'd actually run over and slap either my son, or the other kitty (Sashay), whomever was closest.
    There is something to be said about an imperious feline. Personally, what I have to say about them is quite flattering - I love the majestic little buggers.

misskitty, Lexi is gawgeous. She's a lucky little fluffernutter to have you as a mom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

CONGRATS misskitty...Lexi is precious! Look forward to seeing more photos of her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So cute! My grandma has a cat named Tweezers and she is precious. I want to take her to live with me since grandma passed away but she doesn't like other cats and I don't think my Princess will take kindly to another adult cat in the house. Tweezers bites too so hopefully we can figure out a nice home for her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh misskitty, what a lucky little doll! Loving that pink collar on her. I would be willing to guess that she will be one of the most loved, spoiled babies around...along with her now, reluctant, sibs! She is truly precious. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread