+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2754555;
    Thank you, gabriel!

When I decided upon her, I was looking at her different shades of brown, and the actress Blaire Brown popped into my head, and I said, "I think I'll call her Blaire". My husband gave me this strange look, which made me realize what I had just said! I said, "no, I guess that would be weird, huh?", and he agreed. A few minutes later, when I had stepped away from her cage to talk with one of the volunteers, I looked over at her and she was laying on her side, with both arms and both legs sticking out of the cage! Her front paws were kneading the air and her back paws were moving back and forth. I tilted my head sideways, and that little cat looked like she was dancing! It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and she became Ginger on the spot!

Just wanted to share that, it was so cute.
    That is a cute story. I am happy that she is settling in well.

That's what I did. My daughter named Ginger (even though he was a boy, go figure) and when we got the black cat I just knew he was Fred.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Uncle David - I think Lil' Bit wanted to have her picture taken. Why else would she stick her head in there again?

Lopevian - Thanks for sharing the story behind Ginger's name. I was wondering why you named a brown cat "Ginger".

MRD

I think that's cute about Ginger. I love hearing how pets get their names. And don't they just fit them after a while?

I could not imagine Waldo being named anything else. Nor Rosie nor Bogie.
    Had Bogie been a girl, he would have been either Lily or Daisy, going with the flower theme there, I did actually mention Thorn since he was a boy and husband nixed that one saying it was a "soap opera" name. I had to because there is a soap character named Thorn.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We rescued my cat when she was 6 weeks old. She was at a shelter with her brother. They were born in the hills and the mother was no where to be seen. They had begun to get their hunting instincts and were hissing and scratching anyone who walked by. I decided to adopt her and not both because I felt she would eventually calm down. When we got her home I had to do so much to attempt to tame her. I figured with this much attention, she had to be Princess, so 7 years later, she is actually queen of the house but Princess fit her so well!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a name problem with my, now, eldest gurl. Her name is Sashay (or Shay, as she is called), and I have always called her Chloe, which is the name of my second eldest gurl...the alpha kitty. It's only been about 7 years that Chloe has been here! I feel like those mothers who have to call multiple names of their children before they get to the one they mean to call. Sashay just gives me a look like "poor thing", and goes back to what she is doing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yup sounds like my Mom with the male humans in the family -- all the names go through her lips before she gets to the right one. I've also caught her calling Joey - Max -who is their feline, and Missy -who is their Bassett.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

At the vet today, found out that my Chloe's blood pressure is down to 136, which is normal!!! And she was so well behaved today that Dr. David did not have to "gas her down" to take her BP!! I am such a proud mom!! That was a first! We don't go back until April, at this point, for repeat blood work. That will, for sure, require the gas. Hooray for us!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very cool phroshay! Congrats to Chloe!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Are those two big kitties Dagwood? Usually when I see cats like yours they're pretty large (hefty).
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

dagwood, I love seeing pictures of those two.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread