+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I don't know whether cats feel the cold or not, but Whiskers climbs under the covers with me at night. When the sun is out, that's where she is - laying in a sunbeam. And when we have the fireplace going, she's right in front of it. Her fur gets so hot, I'm always surprised that she doesn't just combust!

MRD

Speaking of cold dogs, I just surprised Rosie and me. I went to strip the bed, whipped off the comforter and loosened the corners of the sheets and was pulling the sheets off when she stuck her head out and growled at me. She was smack in the middle of the bed under the covers trying to stay warm.

Anyway, I was not expecting her to be there and she sure wasn't expecting me to wash sheets today apparantly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love the pictures of Lil Bit Uncle David!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

From the current fads thread >>> The only one I know of that likes company at the Dr. is Joey - Since my Dad usually drives us, Joey talks to his grampa in the car and the waiting room and generally glares at me.
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-15-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

pakacat, so sorry to read about your bunny. I know the little darling will be sorely missed.

Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. They're all so adorable.

Ginger is doing well, adjusting nicely to her new home. I've caught myself calling her Claire a few times, but I suppose that's normal. She is very sweet. I was describing her coloring and markings to a friend yesterday, and later, I thought about how it doesn't matter to her one bit what I look like. But if she were to talk with another cat, describing her new human, she probably say I could lose a few pounds and I'm in bad need of an introduction to Miss Clairol. One thing I do know is that when she looks at me, she is looking at love. That's what comes across on her sweet little face, and she is right, because I do love her. She was ahead of me in that department, but I caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2754535;
    pakacat, so sorry to read about your bunny. I know the little darling will be sorely missed.

Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. They're all so adorable.

Ginger is doing well, adjusting nicely to her new home. I've caught myself calling her Claire a few times, but I suppose that's normal. She is very sweet. I was describing her coloring and markings to a friend yesterday, and later, I thought about how it doesn't matter to her one bit what I look like. But if she were to talk with another cat, describing her new human, she probably say I could lose a few pounds and I'm in bad need of an introduction to Miss Clairol. One thing I do know is that when she looks at me, she is looking at love. That's what comes across on her sweet little face, and she is right, because I do love her. She was ahead of me in that department, but I caught up.
    lopevian - good to read that Ginger is adjusting. Yes you'll probably call her Claire more than a few times. You just keep being the best mom you can and that innocent face is yours for life.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2754088;
    Just came from the vet's office. Today, I saw a first....a dog wearing a coat, with a fur-trimmed hood. Don't know that I've ever seen a dog's coat with a hood.
    Henry shivers a lot and he loves his sweaters! He has a raincoat that has a hood and since he detests going out in the rain, we usually put that on him or one of us (usually not me) holds an umbrella over him. He's not spoiled or anything! He does like the sweaters though. Our other dog, Simon, refuses to wear clothes and he looks at Henry when he has on a sweater like he's thinking "Stupid Henry! Don't you knowyou are a dog?" Henry doesn't seem to mind. He just likes to be warm.

I think I have a picture of Henry wearing his raincoat at an outdoor festival that we took him to. I'll have to see if I can find it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2754539;
    lopevian - good to read that Ginger is adjusting. Yes you'll probably call her Claire more than a few times. You just keep being the best mom you can and that innocent face is yours for life.
    Thank you, gabriel!

When I decided upon her, I was looking at her different shades of brown, and the actress Blaire Brown popped into my head, and I said, "I think I'll call her Blaire". My husband gave me this strange look, which made me realize what I had just said! I said, "no, I guess that would be weird, huh?", and he agreed. A few minutes later, when I had stepped away from her cage to talk with one of the volunteers, I looked over at her and she was laying on her side, with both arms and both legs sticking out of the cage! Her front paws were kneading the air and her back paws were moving back and forth. I tilted my head sideways, and that little cat looked like she was dancing! It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and she became Ginger on the spot!

Just wanted to share that, it was so cute.

doxie - you MUST find that picture of Henry. I am picturing him being walked with an umbrella person, much like the President of the US, and am having giggle fits.

lopevian - That is a cute story -now you need another cat you can name FRED.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2754559;
    doxie - you MUST find that picture of Henry. I am picturing him being walked with an umbrella person, much like the President of the US, and am having giggle fits.

lopevian - That is a cute story -now you need another cat you can name FRED.
    Threadjack**

My father who had never done manual labor in his entire LIFE (my mom and grandmother loved to work in the yard and did all the yard work and the inside work. Dad to his credit made good money, so I guess everyone was content with how it all worked out labor wise) and the power company had dug a DITCH in our backyard to bury a cable and had not come back to fill it it. We were getting a toad strangler (Southern term for a helluva lot of rain) and the muddy ditch was beginning to overflow towards our pool. My mom and grandmother had gone out in the rain and were trenching from the overflowing ditch to the gutter to divert the muddy rain when my dad gets home from work and ANNOUNCES he will take over. Ha, even as I type this, I am because at the tender age of 9 or 10, even I knew how inept he was at this stuff. Well there he is in a dress shirt, tie, dress slacks and his wingtip black shoes with a shovel and my grandmother holding the umbrella over him while he dug.
    I do believe I even got in trouble and sent in the house for laughing.

End threadjack.

Oh and Rosie doesn't like rain even if we were to hold an umbrella over her. She won't go out until it has stopped.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread