+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Unklescott, the boys look great! Are they just 1 year old now?
    PGM that is hilarious. It just kills me the way Boxers love, love, love, their people . They seem to think they are pocket sized!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2750278;
    [
    queenb: Try some feliway for Boo Boo.

If only--I spent $$$$ on three of those diffusers, one for each room, plus exta refills, plus one thing of the spray (which $30 worth is used in 3 days if you follow the directions) -adding up to probably $150. If anything it's even worse. The diffusers have run out so I'm going to not put in a new refill for a few days just to see if it IS the diffusers creating even more problem.
    Actually it's Rocky more than Boo: she seems to be trying to be friendly, then he starts with the heavy growling and spitting, and then she just whips his ass, until I separate them. I think he must be racist because he seems at least a little ok until he actually sees her
    Actually Rock kitty has some weird kind of eye twitching thing, the going stiff when he gets upset, and a few other factors that make me think he might actually have something wrong with him, so I'm going to get it checked. If the vet thinks drugs will help, I'm getting them. He has been weird since I got him, but I thought it was just his meezy-ness. Now I'm not so sure--he kind of acts like my sister's old cat that ate insecticide, only not as bad. Besides, it's getting worse and io don't think it's all to do with the new cat either.

Next step--get one of those kids play tent things and let each kitty spend time in it, in the room together but where they can't get at each other. What a pain in the rear.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Gabriel,
    I am about Joey locked in the entertainment center and Mona sleeping.
    I can just imagine it.

In our old house, the sofa sat in front of the windows, but the windows were long and so the sill was about halfway down the back of the sofa. One day I could hear Bogie, but could not find him. He and Rosie used to lay on the back of the sofa and stare out the windows. He apparantly fell and was standing on the window sill, hidden by the couch and couldn't get back up and was scared. Poor boy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2740947;
    Our little Maggie had to have several fatty benign cysts removed several days ago, so here she is drugged and pathetic looking. The crummy thing is we showed the vet three of them, and he only removed two. When we picked her up, we asked about the third, and he admitted he forgot about it. So she goes back into surgery again on Saturday (he's doing it for free), but we hate that the poor little thing has to go through it all over again. Howard was so excited to have her back home we were worried he'd hurt her, but surprisingly the dumb lug was very gentle with her. *phew*

roseskid - I remembered that Maggie had to go back today for the removal of the "missed" fatty benign cyst. Let us know how the little one is doing. I'm thinking of you and Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2750565;
    What about puppies?! Ok - they are big for puppies but aren't they adorable!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Lap dogs! *snickers*

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2750728;
    I wish I had taken baby pictures of Kimono. When she was born, the rest of the litter was white and you could only tell she was part Siamese because of her slightly taupe color. Now she has full Siamese markings and is a stunningly beautiful cat. New Year's resolution: I WILL learn how to post pictures here.
    Write 100 times - I WILL learn to post pictures, and no small or LARGE writing either.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2750810;
    Gabriel,
    I am about Joey locked in the entertainment center and Mona sleeping.
    I can just imagine it.

In our old house, the sofa sat in front of the windows, but the windows were long and so the sill was about halfway down the back of the sofa. One day I could hear Bogie, but could not find him. He and Rosie used to lay on the back of the sofa and stare out the windows. He apparantly fell and was standing on the window sill, hidden by the couch and couldn't get back up and was scared. Poor boy.
    Poor POOR Bogie, and of course Rosie did NOT help you find him, like pointing the way?
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-12-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2750826;
    roseskid - I remembered that Maggie had to go back today for the removal of the "missed" fatty benign cyst. Let us know how the little one is doing. I'm thinking of you and Maggie.

Lap dogs! *snickers*

Write 100 times - I WILL learn to post pictures, and no small or LARGE writing either.

Poor POOR Bogie, and of course Rosie did NOT help you find him, like pointing the way?
    Are you kidding? She was probably happy. "Timmy's in the well" is not in Rosie's vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2750832;
    Are you kidding? She was probably happy. "Timmy's in the well" is not in Rosie's vocabulary.

Well I can be certain that it twasn't in Lassies' vocabulary either, until they waved that big check and milk bone in her face.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did anybody see Dr. Phil yesterday when the woman was on there who actually chewed up her dog's milk bones and spit them back into her dog's mouth, out of fear that the dog would choke on it? I understand feeling that your pet is your child, but come on now........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2750981;
    Did anybody see Dr. Phil yesterday when the woman was on there who actually chewed up her dog's milk bones and spit them back into her dog's mouth, out of fear that the dog would choke on it? I understand feeling that your pet is your child, but come on now........
    You have to be kidding me!!!!

I remember seeing my brother eat a milkbone once.

I am not above doing things for my dogs and would cook for them if they needed it, but I would NOT do that! (Isn't that a Meatloaf song? )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son, when he was younger, would always taste what the kitties were given to eat. I was pretty sure that was some kind of nuts...luckily it was always the hard food. He said he needed to know what they were eating. Maybe that's what's wrong with him to this very day? Whack-o.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You HAVE GOT to be KIDDING me! YEECH - poor dog- used food with human spittle? YUCK- PTOOEY

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2750985;
    You have to be kidding me!!!!

I remember seeing my brother eat a milkbone once.

I am not above doing things for my dogs and would cook for them if they needed it, but I would NOT do that! (Isn't that a Meatloaf song? )
    Hey don't knock it! -Milkbones with chocolate or vanilla icing can be tasty.

My folks Missy the Bassett hound had an ailment when a pup (she's 12 now)so Mom started cooking sweet potatoes with green beans & ground beef or rice with chicken and green beans and broth - she ate better than my folks, (or so my dad says)only problem is she would NOT go back to eating dog food until about 3 years ago and now it has to be warmed with chicken pieces and broth. My Mom said if she had to do it again she would have gotten the medication and other food for the ailment. Not that she minds cooking for the sweetie pie.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2750996;
    My son, when he was younger, would always taste what the kitties were given to eat. I was pretty sure that was some kind of nuts...luckily it was always the hard food. He said he needed to know what they were eating. Maybe that's what's wrong with him to this very day? Whack-o.
    Well one morning I inadvertedly poured my cereal into a bowl and Joeys food into a bowl, put my bowl on his table, filled his bowl with milk. (I wasn't awake yet) and had a couple spoons of "cereal" befoe I realized what it was and Joey was eating my raisin bran.

Hey as far as the cat food - some of the soft stuff smells and sounds pretty good:

Read these descriptions from the company I buy some of Joeys food from:
    Merrick Gourmet Canned Cat Food

Flavor Descriptions by Merrick:

California Roll - Our version of California Dreaming doesnt stop with this signature dish as we aim for perfection with the pairing of the fresh taste of salmon, tuna and crab into one harmonious seafood trio that is sure to bring the house down. To accentuate our catch from the sea weve added bits of healthy Brown Rice, Fresh Cucumber, Fresh Carrots and Fresh Golden Delicious Apples.

Cowboy Cookout - Its summertime and backyard grills abound with the delicious aroma of American beef. It seems that someone has set a saucer of savory beef stew made with delicious fresh vegetables smothered in gravy for the house cats. In the Lonestar state, we love beef as much as cats love to take naps. We hope your feline friend enjoys this dish as much as we did creating it.

Grammys' Pot Pie - No one can ever forget the sensational aroma of Grammys kitchen and her renowned chicken pot pie. The scent of tender chunks of real chicken smothered in seasoned gravy, fresh carrots, peas and red jacket new potatoes fill the house. The tender chunks of chicken are sure to make your cat meet you at the dish each time, even if they have to eat their vegetables.

New England Boil
    - This delicious and traditional dish from our friends in New England is loaded with flavor and big on taste. We love this one of a kind seafood treat we like to call our version of a New England Boil. Nothing beats this pot full of treasures from the sea as we combine the great taste of White Fish, Lobster, Crab, Shrimp and Sardines all mixed together in this special recipe. We then add in the freshness of Red Jacket New Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Snow Peas and Fresh Red Delicious Apples to top off this regional favorite.

Southern Delight - This delicious dish offers a classic medley of plenty of Chicken, Cat Fish and Craw Fish to boot. We sprinkle these tasty vittles of protein with fresh Carrots, fresh Zucchini and fresh Granny Smith Apples which are sure to take your cats dinning experience to the pinnacle of culinary delight.

Surf & Turf - Straight from the sea to your dining table arrives Pacific Salmon, New England Lobster and Crab, savory shrimp along with American fed Beef to meet in a whirlpool of delicious delights. This fine entree is prepared with these luxurious premium proteins and is paired appropriately with Yukon Golden Potatoes, Blueberries and Golden Delicious Apples.

Thanksgiving Day Dinner - This years plump turkey is basking in its own savory gravy and has everyone buzzing. It doesnt get any better than the heaping plate of juicy turkey and all the trimmings. Merrick created this special harvest celebration for cats to enjoy year around.

Turducken - This gourmet dish has been favored by the southern society of felines for years and its no secret as to why. The exquisite pairings of turkey, duck and chicken lay hiding in every sensational bite. As if this wasnt enough, this sensational trio is complimented with farm grown sweet potatoes, peas, carrots and savory cranberries.

Ocean Breeze - Our delicious Ocean Breeze entre will remind you of the days you used to cat around at Fishermans Wharf or make sandcastles at the beach. These delicious ingredients come together in harmony like the Boston Pops Orchestra. We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we had creating it!
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-12-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

OMG! I wouldn't do that for a child, let alone a pet! Not only is it crazy, it's very unhealthy for the dog. :nono Couldn't she just soak them in freakin' gravy or something?

+ Reply to Thread