+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Thank you everybody! She's adorable. She's currently exploring her new home. She's a real affectionate little girl, she hasn't stop purring since she got here. Thanks so much! I'll get some pictures up ASAP!

Roseskid, I hope Maggie will be good as new soon.

Myrosiedog, you're right! That's the neighbor alright. I was so excited about
    Ginger I forgot to post an update in the neighbors thread. Thank you to you and everyone who let me rant!

Ranting over...let the fun times commence!

I love all of you!

Lopevian - Congrats on your new addition!

Saturday was the 6th anniversary of the day that Henry waddled into our lives and we adopted/rescued him. He was shy for about 2 hours and then he claimed a blanket and an entire chair as "his" and he's been ruling the roost since then. He and Simon both got new rawhide bones to celebrate and Henry waited until poor old Simon dozed off and then ate both bones.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie, that's so cute. Henry sounds like a lovable rascal. Thanks for the congrats, it's been a really fun afternoon and evening!

FORT Fanatic

lopevian, I was going to congratulate you on your new furry friend but Ginger is the one I need to congratulate as she is getting the very best mom!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2742708;
    queenb: why would a hairless dog/cat warm you better? I like their furriness, myself.
    Oh, I like the fur too--I was just stating what I had read. The reason given was that the lack of fur allows more body heat to escape, presumably onto the 'warmee'.

Lopevian
    , I love the new kitty. Your hubby is a smart guy! The 'camo' effect reminds me of Zippy, only longer hair.
    By the way, Zip is being spoiled rotten and loved to death at L's house, and required NO adjusting time. I'm glad she is hepling make a little girl happy (and Zip will get to stay with L while the niece is at school) although I do miss her. I'll probably visit Monday.
    Doxie Obviously Henry is no fool and knows whose anniversary it was!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I woke up this morning in the most twisted, awkward positioin because one of the cats had positioned herself in such a way that I subconsciously didn't want to disturb as I moved in my sleep. I need to go exercise to get all the kinks out.
    Count your blessings!

Lopevian - YES! we want pictures.

doxie - Give Henry a skritch for me. Yes Simon also. poor poor Simon who fell asleep and had no bone to crunch on when he awoke.

Gutmutter - You are a good Mummy, thank you on behalf of bed hogging felines everywhere.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Bewty, what a wonderfully nice thing to say! I hope so! It's close to four years since Claire, and I honestly never wanted another cat. Sometimes you don't know what you want until you get it.

Queenb, she's definitely got the 'camo' thing going on. Her chin is two tone, right smack down the middle, and even her nose is 'camo'! She looks like she was playing in a paint store!

She's a little lap kitty. She's curled up asleep on my lap right now. Claire hated the computer...hated it! It took my attention off of her, and she let me
    know she didn't approve. If I got up, I'd come back and she'd be on my chair with this look on her face that said "you're going to have to move me, because I'm not budging". Her favorite ploy was to sit on top of the CPU and stare me down. She always won. Ginger though seems fascinated by the screen. Geez, she's so cute!

Gutmutter - I've done that so many times. Usually I would wake up halfway off the bed while my 10lb Italian Greyhound, Lucius, had the entire bed to himself. The things we do for our four-legged babies.

Lopevian - Aw, I'm so jealous of all the kitty bonding you are doing. I miss having kitties, but my dog Chico can't get along with them.

brunette trixie, the bonding is going well, but I hate to admit it, it's going a lot better on her end. Of course I'm smitten, I love cats. Smitten and commitment are two different things.

I don't know what's wrong with me, she's adorable, but I am missing Claire so badly right now. Maybe three times since she died have I looked in her box of toys, and seeing them scattered about now, with this cat who isn't Claire...I think I've made a terrible mistake, and I feel horrible because this beautiful, lovable little cat deserves someone willing and able to love them. I should have taken a day to think it over, but it was "all taken care of", and I got swept up. I don't miss the presence of a "cat", I miss Claire. Otherwise I'd already have a cat. What have I done, I'm a complete idiot. I feel like a piece of crap. I hope these feelings pass, because she deserves all the love Claire got. I'm sorry everybody, I don't even feel like I deserve to be in ths thread. I am now the person I've always hated, the moron who gets a pet on a whim and doesn't think it through. I can promise Ginger will be well cared for, I do love animals and would never neglect one. But they need much much more than food and water.

+ Reply to Thread