+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

One of my gurls used to sleep on the top step when I lived in a townhouse (at the top of about 14 steps)...which could have, easily, broken my leg or neck if I had to get up and go downstairs in the middle of the night. When she felt me about to step down, in the middle of the night, she wouldn't move, but would start licking my foot really, really fast to let me know that she was there. I thought it was pretty great that we "got" each other like that. I never turned on my lights, and she never did not let me know that she was right there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2742169;
    [
    gabriel: Oooo. Do try to get a photo of Mr. Joey sleeping around your neck! He'd be soo warm and cozy!
    I'm snickering just trying to picture Gabriel trying to take this shot without waking Joey up; I think we're going to be stuck with our imaginations on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2741637;
    Stalker kitty, Miss Celie, likes to lay with her back against my back (I am a side sleeper), when she wants to be on the bed, and she still needs to hide from Miss Sashay. I am the border, Great Wall of China, or whatever, I guess. Miss Celie generates a lot of warmth with her back to mine.
    I want to be the Great(er) Wall! My kitties still can't stay in the same room long without a knockdown drag out fight going on--they have to take turns sleeping with me. Rocky likes the bottom of the bed and isn't much of a snuggler. BooBoo, on the other hand is about Joey's size and sleeps in about the same position, only not on my neck. She sleeps in the shape of a small "n" with one end hanging on either side of me sometimes, sometimes sleeps up against my tummy, or, occasionally snuggles up under the back side of my head onthe pillow with me, so I get the cat pillow. It's very warm and comfy, although I have no idea how even a big fat kitty like Boo doesn't get mashed.

MORE TRIVIA
    --I've heard that many hairless breeds of dogs were originally used as bedwarmers. Also that, although not selected for the purpose, the hairless kittes warm you better.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

The Mister said he had a surprise for me, an "outing". A belated holiday celebration and a celebration of the downstairs neighbor moving. I thought
    we were going to Disneyland. Instead, he takes me to an animal shelter, saying
    everything is taken care of. I'm just to pick out a cat. I had reservations on top of reservations. Until I went inside the cat room. There was an orange tabby, she was between 5 and 7 years old that I fell in love with. But she has serious and ongoing medical problems, and I lack the resources to properly ensure she's cared for. Broke my heart. But I'm happy to say a little long haired tortie cat (a girl about 1 yrs. old) and I made quite a lively impression on each other, and she's coming home today. She was spayed yesterday, and I can't wait to pick her up! The Mister's a smart man, that guy. I feel like my heart just got a jump start.

The avatar picture is close to what she looks like. I'll post photos of her later, she's so adorable. Her name is Ginger.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

YEAH!!! A new member of the family. I'm looking forward to the pix.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The kitty in the avatar looks like she's wearing camoflage!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

queenb: why would a hairless dog/cat warm you better? I like their furriness, myself.

lopevian: YAY! Congratulations on getting Ginger! She sounds just lovely. And hugs (if that's ok) to the Mister for thinking of bringing her into your life! Looking forward to photos for sure!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

on your new kitty, Lopev. I can't wait to see pictures of her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Double congrats Lopevian. On the kitty and on the noisy neighbor moving. I am assuming this is the noisy neighbor that went to jail over Christmas?

(I'd use the party smilies, but well, you probably want some peace and quiet. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's been quite cold here for the last few days. Highs only in the 20's. My Chico who usually gets too hot to cuddle for too long has been sleeping under the covers with me at night. I actually woke up in a sweat the other night, and I kicked off my comforter. Chico stayed underneath and didn't wake up until I made him get up. Sleepy dog syndrome must be going around. lol.

Lopevian - what a wonderful gift from your guy. I hope you have many happy years with Ginger.

roseskid - Poor little Maggie. I hope she heals quickly.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If you're looking for an animal to keep you warm, you might consider a King Charles Cavalier spaniel. A common description of this dog's history is... "Tudor lapdogs, aka 'comforter spaniels' served as lap and foot warmers, and even as surrogate 'hot water bottles'. These toy dog breeds also fulfilled the vital role of attracting the fleas from their owner's bodies.".
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread