+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #8131
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Unklescott - No recent pictures of the boys snoozing together?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  2. #8132
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: For animal lovers

    The boys don't spend too much time cuddling anymore. They play, chase and groom each other, but cuddling? Doesn't happen anymore.

  3. #8133
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Welcome 2008!
    Posts
    536

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2736328;
    The girls are too sweet Uncle David.
    And how thoughtful of them to coordinate themselves with your decor

  4. #8134
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2736360;
    The boys don't spend too much time cuddling anymore. They play, chase and groom each other, but cuddling? Doesn't happen anymore.
    Somehow I can hear them "Daaaad we're 2 years old - we don't cuddle anymore"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  5. #8135
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: For animal lovers

    Was watching the morning news, and the local pet adoption segment came on. My eldest gurl, Sashay, was sitting next to me watching...until that segment came on. There was this gorgeous kitty, with long, gray and white fur, and big adorable eyes...I felt the weakness coming on...Miss Sashay, abruptly turned her back to the television, and just stared at me with the, "I know you're not thinking what I think you're thinking!" look. She held that stare for a good two minutes. I got the message!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #8136
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Uncle David, that is the funniest picture I think I've seen in a while. But from experience, if you get the bigger bed, they won't get in it. They'd rather all scrunch up in the little one.

    Too cute and they are all so beautiful.

    PS-that is too funny about your Sashay. They often know us too well.

    I was laying on the floor in my daughter's room last night and the bunny was out of her cage and she kept hopping on me and laying down and now my daughter is mad because she won't do that to her. You don't think I bonded with the bunny when I held it all the way home on Christmas eve and now it thinks I'm it's mother? I hope not. My daughter says ALL the animals always come to me even when we are out and see other people's pets.

    I can't help it, I have "animal magnetism" (and because of it, I am perpetually covered in animal hair too. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  7. #8137
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    prhoshay - That is way too funny - she knew you were thinking.....

    myrosiedog- yep you have the magnestism - my late Aunt Joanne had it too, all the critters loved her period.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  8. #8138
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2736689;
    prhoshay - That is way too funny - she knew you were thinking.....

    myrosiedog- yep you have the magnestism - my late Aunt Joanne had it too, all the critters loved her period.
    Is it because I'm such a sucker for all animals? My mom was the SAME way.
    In fact, everyone knew my mom was that way and we used to get dogs and cats dumped on our property because of it. We were able to keep some and others my mom always found homes for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #8139
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: For animal lovers

    I have experienced exactly what you are talking about, mrd!! The two most memorable times were with a cat that was the feed store's resident, free-roaming cat...the second time was with an orangutan at out zoo. The kitty, who was sitting next to the cashier when several of us were checking out, turned around and made brief eye contact with me, and then did a rapid double take, as in "You sure do look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere", and she just stared. She then got up from next to the cashier and walked to where I was standing in line and sat right next to me. The people in the line were flipping out! All I could think was, "All right-y now..."

    One day when we were at the zoo, we went into the "gorilla house"...I can't think of what they really call it...there were no seats available. Everybody was watching the primates go through their social antics; I had to stand next to the window. This one orang was swinging on a rope, and he(?) swung off the rope, and slowly sidled over to where I was standing, and just stood there looking me up and down, and finally made eye contact. I didn't move; all of the people jumped up from their seats and huddled around where I was standing! That was a very interesting experience.

    I, honestly, think I must have been some kind of critter in a former life!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #8140
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2736710;
    I have experienced exactly what you are talking about, mrd!! The two most memorable times were with a cat that was the feed store's resident, free-roaming cat...the second time was with an orangutan at out zoo. The kitty, who was sitting next to the cashier when several of us were checking out, turned around and made brief eye contact with me, and then did a rapid double take, as in "You sure do look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere", and she just stared. She then got up from next to the cashier and walked to where I was standing in line and sat right next to me. The people in the line were flipping out! All I could think was, "All right-y now..."

    One day when we were at the zoo, we went into the "gorilla house"...I can't think of what they really call it...there were no seats available. Everybody was watching the primates go through their social antics; I had to stand next to the window. This one orang was swinging on a rope, and he(?) swung off the rope, and slowly sidled over to where I was standing, and just stood there looking me up and down, and finally made eye contact. I didn't move; all of the people jumped up from their seats and huddled around where I was standing! That was a very interesting experience.

    I, honestly, think I must have been some kind of critter in a former life!

    That's too funny PS.

    It doesn't matter where I go, any of the animals make a beeline for me and want to climb all over me. It's really hard with cats though because I'm allergic. But my mom and I were in Denver in the early 80's and this cat came in our hotel room and wouldn't leave. It was a gorgeous cat too. Anyway, the hotel owner said they couldn't get rid of it as it was always hanging around and they wanted it gone. So yes, my mom and I loaded it up (no problem, it was obviously wanting to be with us) and we called the airline and booked the kitty a spot and she flew to Florida with us and lived for several years with me and then my mom. She was a great cat too and really, really pretty, except for her penchant of getting in my mom's fireplace to go to the bathroom.

    And it isn't just animals that seem to be attracted to me. I get all the weirdos too.

    I've been told I'm empathtic and I love animals, so they must sense those things. And my need to rescue things must also be evident to animals. Oh and I'm a soft touch too. They know they can get treats from me.

    But hey, there are worse things I guess. It's better than being the person all animals run from.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.