+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Scared me there for a minute when you said you were calling the bunny GB....was afraid it was going to stand for George Bush.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On Saturday I picked up a box at the post office with a couple of very nice gifts in it, and there was even something for JOEY in the box! In the third one you might have to look closely to see his back feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

When my daughter lived with me she had two dwarf rabbits, Daisy & Daphne. Here's a picture of a cat I had then (Cinnamon) with them.

Daisy

Daphne

The rabbits stayed in cages but when we let them out occasionally the cats and the rabbits didn't bother each other. This was their first encounter. Tigger pretty much left them alone too.

MRD

Well we had our dinner and settled in to watch A Christmas Story. Then hubby announced he had to go out to the carport to "assemble" something (it's for me, I have NO idea), so daughter and I are watching Home Alone 2 and I start to hear this thrumming sound. Well the bunny is in a cage in my shower and the wall of the shower is the wall behind my chair in the family room. It dons on me it's the bunny running in the cage and the wire is "thrumming", so I'm now trying to talk really loud and can't really think of anything to talk about.
    I am hoping she thinks the noise is her dad "assembling". I'm sitting there with my brain almost smoking trying to think of what to do. She won't go to bed.
    I finally told her that Santa was sleepy and she needed to at least go in her room and put in her ipod and try to relax as we'll all be getting up early.
    So she's in the room and the bunny has quit running in the cage. I don't know if we can last until morning. I can't even go in there to use the restoom as it gets him really upset, so she's wanting to know why we are using HER bathroom.

I hope she goes to sleep soon. I have no idea how we're going to move this thing to the family room without it making a huge racket.

And the guy at the pet store says: "at least it doesn't bark"
    Well he said nothing about it making a huge noise in a wire cage.

We hung the stockings and Rosie and Bogie are practically vibrating. Waldo has no clue. We did have to move the bed from under the tree to put our gifts out. My daughter has hated having the dog bed under the tree, so she moved it and put out her gifts she's bought, so Waldo has his stocking in his bed waiting on Santa.

This night is never going to end.

I'm waiting for hubby to finish what he's "assembling" and for daughter to go to sleep.
    I'll probably fall over on the keyboard waiting.

Gabriel, that are the funniest pictures. I like the one where his tail is sticking out. So glad Joey got such a wonderful gift.

Unk
    Thanks for posting your bunny pics. I think the dogs and GB (NOT George Bush, phroshay, but I'm rethinking that name for him-my daughter will pick another name anyway-) will get along ok.

Should be interesting. Stay tuned for more on the dogs and the bunny later.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

gabriel those pictures of Joey had me hysterically! I loved seeing those pictures...thanks for posting those!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I showed Joey to my husband and daughter and they were laughing hysterically.

And both told me how fortunate I was that I've made such wonderful friends here at FORT.

So that is truly a great Christmas gift knowing all of you! And your pets.

I posted in Christmas 2007 thread about our morning, the bunny and the dogs. Poor Waldo is scared. I don't think he likes all the hoopla and disarray going on.

Well, BooBoo enjoyed the new toys a lot; Rocky is sulking in the cat bed and will probably only play with them after she goes to bed for the night. She is doing well left out of the private room as long as I keep an eye out. Rocky still isn't accepting her so much, but I think he will do better soon since she's getting to stay out more. A serious fight is easier to watch out for when there isn't a third cat around!

Oh, and I don't know what it is, but the "Kitty Hoots' brand toys are the only ones my cats pay much attention to. They LOVE the stuff this company makes--Petsmart and Petco carry them.

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Too cute queenb. I might have to stop by Petco when I'm in the area tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Queenb, that is adorable.

Here are the dogs and bunny enjoying Christmas yesterday.

What did Santa bring us!!!???

Give it to me now, before I have to knock this over to get my stocking!

Now that I have ALL the bones, you boys better leave me alone. I am NOT kidding!

Miss Greedy

I finally got one away from her, I hope she doesn't notice.

Figting for my treats is too exhausting. I can't even chew it now.

Napping with mom. It sure is warm all snuggled up like this. What a Christmas, I got my treats and some of Waldo and Bogies and now a nap. Heaven!!

Meet Oliver the Bunny. (had a name change last night. I still call him TDB for That Damn Bunny. )

Absolutely adorable. My cat got a morsel of tuna for Christmas. If I even walked close to her, she actually hissed!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread