+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2730023;
    You may not like his politics, but you gotta love he's supportive of fostering kitties!
    Rats! I was perfectly happy having nothing to like about the man - now my semi-perfect world is in disarray . I swear, if it turns out Conrad Black is a cat fancier, I, I....well, I don't know what I'll do, but I won't be happy about it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Those red pandas are sooooooo cute. Thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2730026;
    A guy who likes kitties can't be all bad! There is just something about a man with that kind of sensitivity.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    Rats! I was perfectly happy having nothing to like about the man - now my semi-perfect world is in disarray . I swear, if it turns out Conrad Black is a cat fancier, I, I....well, I don't know what I'll do, but I won't be happy about it.
    Don't worry. Black doesn't like anything except himself, his money, and his wife. Nature is beneath him. We can joyously continue to hate him.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2730026;
    A guy who likes kitties can't be all bad! There is just something about a man with that kind of sensitivity.
    Well a certain sitting US Pres. has dogs, but it doesn't make me like him any more. I just feel sorry for Barney and the other dog.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You mean Mrs Beasley
    Actually, I do like to see the White House dogs, no matter who is the CIC. The pups always look spoiled rotten--and that's the great thing about dogs, they don't pass judgement. I read a great book once by the guy who took care of the WH pets starting with, I think Eisenhower and going throught the Ford years--it was very entertaining.

Well I am getting ready to say goodbye to Zip as L will be taking her Sunday morning. She will get to stay in his end of the house till Christmas, then she will meet the niece. I'm sad, but will of course be still visiting her a lot, and I can finally start seriously working on getting BooBoo out of the cat jail bedroom. (the girl cats fight like two devils!) And I do need a break myself--Boo has been reliably using the cat box now, so I've been letting her sleep with me until I get up to go to the bathroom, then put her in her room and let the other kitties come in with me if they want to. Of course the changing of the cats involves meowing, playing on the bed, etc. but I have just felt like it's too mean to leave the new kitty in there alone 23 hours a day.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I enjoy seeing the white house pets too. We even have the book Millie wrote back when the first Bushes were in the WH.

I'm sure the neice is really going to love her Christmas present.

My friends in Florida who have 3 cats and 2 dogs, just took in 2 more cats and 2 guinea pigs while a friend goes to rehab. They have them for 6 months. It's a court appointed rehab and so was assigned this amount of time. My friend is going crazy now with 5 cats, 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs.

Well here is Waldo's bed under the tree. He keeps checking it, it's so funny

And here is Waldo hoping that someone drops a cookie. Notice he's looking at the one with his name on it!

The whistling thing is starting to get annoying, but its working. I can always tell when my husband is taking the dogs out as he starts whistling The Entertainer from The Sting. Waldo follows him like the pied piper. He loves the whistling. Strange dog.

Actually, I do like to see the White House dogs, no matter who is the CIC. The pups always look spoiled rotten--and that's the great thing about dogs, they don't pass judgement. I read a great book once by the guy who took care of the WH pets starting with, I think Eisenhower and going throught the Ford years--it was very entertaining.
    Had Bobby Kennedy been elected in '68, there would have been Newfs in the White House

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2730681;
    Had Bobby Kennedy been elected in '68, there would have been Newfs in the White House
    There still could be. Nothing's stopping you from running.

Newf for Pres in 08!!!

Let's put some REALLY big dogs in the White House!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2730681;
    Brumus - the first dog
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I recently posted reason 1,001 why I love Finley (the feet that smell like biscuits). In the interest of fairness in my household, I will now post reason 1,001 why I love the Harv - he understands where to go when you point a finger. If I'm standing in the kitchen doing something at the counter and he sits at my feet looking expectantly up at me, I'll say "go to daddy" so he can get a schnoozle. He will continue to sit there until I point at Mr. Rattus and say "go to daddy" again, whereupon he will go to daddy and sit at his feet until he gets picked up.

If I'm putting stuff away in the bedroom and the Harv is milling about my feet, I can point to my pillow and say "Harv, go to your spot", and he goes to his spot. If he's up on the table and I point to the floor and say "Harv, floor", he jumps down to the floor. Pretty much any place I point to and say go, he will go to.

Another thing he understands is, when we're playing wrestle the hand and he gets a little amped up and the claws come out, all I have to do is say "Harv, claws", and the claws go back in.

He is, without any doubt, the smartest cat I've ever met.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread