+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2727019;
    Newf, that is funny, especially the pond thing. Bogie is still put out about Waldo and we've had him 10 months now, almost. Bogie likes him in the yard because they play, but in the house and especially in our bedroom, Bogie is still not happy about Waldo being there and sulks.
    Rosie, the alpha dog, doesn't care. she snaps at him when he really annoys her, but for the most part, she seems to actually enjoy him occasionally.

RG, isn't it funny how protective and territorial they get. Of course, I could be eaten by a wolf and none of mine would be protective at all.
    But they are very protective of the house and all bark at strangers. Except Rosie who thinks everyone has come to see and adore her.
    What a great story! I can just picture the pond incident.

I've been following the progress of these two little beauties, Neko and Su lin. Today they were introduced to snow for the first time. I saw them and their mom this fall at the Zoo. They are so much bigger now but no less precious. I just had to share.

Attachment 22864Attachment 22865Attachment 22866Attachment 22867

Snow pandas' antics delight their admirers

Edmonton - If you're ever stuck for a definition of the word "cute," describe the antics of two baby pandas playing in the snow.

Su lin and Neko are red pandas, which are native to the Himalayas in India, Nepal and southern China. The recent snowfalls have brought out their true panda nature, and they have been slipping, sliding and tackling each other with abandon.

Born at the Edmonton Valley Zoo on June 26, 2007, they were introduced to the public last week. The duo were removed from their mother when her overly eager grooming efforts resulted in life-threatening lacerations. The now-healthy babies are housed in the same building with their parents and have been reintroduced to them using a protective screen.

Sandy Helliker, the Valley Zoo animal health technician who raised the cubs, says there has been no sign of aggression by the parents, Koko and Lala and that creates a strong possibility for a successful reunion in the future.

Koko and Lala are both seven years old and are part of an international species survival plan. The birth of Su lin and Neko was celebrated throughout the zoological world as their birth was deemed critical to the survival of the species. It is estimated that there are fewer than 2,500 mature red pandas in the wild.

Edmonton Journal 2007
    Snow pandas' antics delight their admirers
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Just in case "Santa" didn't notice, Waldo re-arranged the bed under the tree a tad more. He's turned it a bit and its now sitting about as far under the tree as it can get.

Last night, he and Bogie (Bogie started it) were running through the house playing their favorite outside game of graba** and I was in my room and I heard, crash, bang, crash and my daughter starts yelling BAD DOGS. Rosie promplty came in with tail between her legs, she always thinks its aimed at her. Bogie ran in and jumped on the bed and my daughter (I could wring her neck as she knows better), kept saying BAD DOGS (Waldo was clueless) and it scared Bogie and he peed on the comforter. So had to do laundry before we could go to bed last night.
    They knocked over the stand we use to hang stockings on and the small coffee table we have. Nothing broken, nothing major. One or two "bad dogs" would have been been enough, not 10 or so that they got.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

misskitty - just adorable!

myrosiedog- I would say BAD DAUGHTER! You only need to say it once or twice.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2729560;
    misskitty - just adorable!

myrosiedog- I would say BAD DAUGHTER! You only need to say it once or twice.
    Problem is it works less on her than on Waldo!

MRD, I'm afraid I would have to say "BAD GIRL" to your daughter too, and then make her wash your comforter before she could go back to whatever she was doing prior.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2729630;
    MRD, I'm afraid I would have to say "BAD GIRL" to your daughter too, and then make her wash your comforter before she could go back to whatever she was doing prior.
    She did put it in the wash for me. I had to change it over to the dryer was all and put it back on the bed.

She knows Bogie pees when he gets scared. I think she was really trying to make Waldo understand. But that is pointless. All it does is upset the other 2.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I want some Red Pandas! What little snuggle bunnies. Thanks misskitty.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I just found out that our Prime Minister supports fostering kitties!

This is his new foster kittie, Cheddar!
    Attachment 22870

These were a couple he fostered some time ago.
    Attachment 22869

You may not like his politics, but you gotta love he's supportive of fostering kitties!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A guy who likes kitties can't be all bad! There is just something about a man with that kind of sensitivity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread