+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Hi everyone. Just popping in before my bus takes me home!

bewty: I'm so very sorry to hear that your Princess has lost her eyesite. My thoughts are with you at this time. I'm sure she is still very happy to be with you and knows how much you love her.

gabriel: LOL I'd love to see you try to dress joey up for Christmas! I'd pay a dollar for that!

agamergirl: Wonderful photo! It brought a big grin to my face. It is so nice that your kitty and puppy got along to get that shot. Great photographer!

prhoshay: You can be allergic to one cat and not another, because you are not actually allergic to "cats". You are allergic to the enzymes or whatever is in their saliva which they clean themselves with. My twin sinister discovered this. She couldn't even hold my Snowflake, but when she lived with me, Gracie slept with her every night and she could actually still breathe!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

We have peeping dogs. Our neighbors behind us have a very long window in their dining room that goes almost to the ground. Well today, both Bogie and Waldo go running up to it and Bogie had to stand on his hind legs to see in, but Waldo pushes his big nose right up to the screen. I'm standing in the yard yelling my head off at them when I see the blinds open more and the 3 and 5 year old girls are standing in the window laughing and talking to "Wa-dough" and Bogie. They love "Wa-Dough" and he loves them. And they love to stand in the window and wave at us. But this morning, the way the sun was shining, I couldn't see the girls, so it just looked like the dogs ran out and up to the window to look in. They've never really done that before. Peeped, I mean. They've never gone up to the window. Usually the girls talk to them through the back yard fence when they are outside.

I talked to the mom later and she said it was so funny to see those faces peering in at them as they sat at the table. It just tickled the girls and they love to see the dogs.

I'm starting to think Waldo (Wa-Dough) may be somewhat of a pervert with the peeping and the nose in the butt thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

agamergirl - That picture is adorable! How many shots did you have to take before you got that perfect shot?

mrd - I think Wa-Dough and Bogie are in love! Puppy love of course.

I am so relieved today. My little Lucius (italian greyhound) had some sort of yucky stuff coming out of his eye this weekend. I took him to the vet and he had a minor infection. They gave me some drops and it's pretty much gone already. He's had so many health problems this year, I panic about every little thing now.

We've been discussing getting another boxer - a female since there is too much testosterone in my house. I fell in love with a small white boxer female but she went to another home. Then on Sunday we went to look at the available females and brought home Jaxi - rhymes with Taxi - a 3 year old female fawn boxer. She's much smaller than Buddy but looks a lot like him. Well, he's attacked her twice already and I'm not sure if that is going to get any better. This morning he just overpowered her and held her down. She was scared stiff and when I finally got him to move off of her...she wouldn't move at all. I carried her inside and put her in her crate and didn't know what to do. She was so frightened and I don't want him to attack her again. {sigh}, we might have to take her back.... I know it's a dominance thing and we are the alphas and he needs to listen to us! He was better this afternoon. I have to keep their collars on so that I can at least grab that to keep him away from her if he is getting too close and is growling.

Here is a picture - Jaxi is on the left and Buddy on the right -

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Time for some kitty pix...

Lil' Bit is constantly crawling into my arms while I'm trying to type on the computer so I decided to put a small cat bed on the desk so she could hang out with me. The problem is, the girls rarely sleep alone. So, it wasn't long before Greta edged her out.

So I switched out the small bed for a somewhat larger cat bed. Since they always snuggle when they sleep together it gave them as much room as they needed.

As a matter of fact it gave them enough room to play.

And here is an obligatory Christmas shot.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2726348;
    Here is a picture - Jaxi is on the left and Buddy on the right
    Cute!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

[QUOTE=PGM35]We've been discussing getting another boxer - a female since there is too much testosterone in my house. I fell in love with a small white boxer female but she went to another home. Then on Sunday we went to look at the available females and brought home Jaxi - rhymes with Taxi - a 3 year old female fawn boxer. She's much smaller than Buddy but looks a lot like him. Well, he's attacked her twice already and I'm not sure if that is going to get any better. This morning he just overpowered her and held her down. She was scared stiff and when I finally got him to move off of her...she wouldn't move at all. I carried her inside and put her in her crate and didn't know what to do. She was so frightened and I don't want him to attack her again. {sigh}, we might have to take her back.... I know it's a dominance thing and we are the alphas and he needs to listen to us! He was better this afternoon. I have to keep their collars on so that I can at least grab that to keep him away from her if he is getting too close and is growling.
    Here is a picture - Jaxi is on the left and Buddy on the right -
    QUOTE]

You may want to keep them on leashes until things calm down a little. Don't get discouraged. It's way too soon to consider taking her back. Think back to when the attacks happened and what situation they were in, too. You might be able to do something different next time. Also, when that does happen, don't baby her. As in talking in baby talk, etc. That would just enforce the fear. Just calmly take her away to a place where she feels comfortable. Sounds like Buddy is a little jealous, which is understandable. I'd give things at least a week and see how it is, then. Also, your vet might have some good information. Are there any dog trainers in your area? Sometimes they can give you a little info over the phone. I hope this helps. They are both cute, by the way.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

MRD

PGM, it took a while for Waldo to be accepted (well not sure if they really do accept him still, but things are a LOT better). by our other two. But he was bigger than both of them put together. I hope you don't have to take her back. Maybe a little more time, just keep an eye on them.

they look like they're doing good in the photo.

She's beautiful.

Uncle David, nothing is funnier than kitties. Glad yours are getting along so well. Love the photos. Your avatar photo is too cute too.

Trixie, glad Lucius is feeling better. Bogie has a blocked tear duct, nothing they can really do about it. But it does get infected from time to time and I have drops for it. I hate it when the gunk starts coming out, but the poor baby can't help it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks guys - things were much better last night and this morning. I do keep her on the leash now while outside. She finally felt comfortable enough to poop!

This morning I fed her in her crate and she is fine so far. I think she knows that is her safe place and is not barking or whining to get out of there anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions. It wasn't the same for the boys b/c they rough housed together and D.Bo was a little bigger than Buddy even though he still submits to him. B/c she is female and smaller, I think it started out as play and turned quick. If I had the leash on her, I could have pulled her away a little easier. Mike had no problems yesterday with her and even ran around with them. I guess they can sense that I am worried and I need to be calm and assertive. Like Ceaser Milan says to be!
    Last edited by PGM35; 12-18-2007 at 09:09 AM. Reason: hit enter too soon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Boxers are so adorable! They are one of my favorite dogs!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread