+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2721758;
    My cocker spaniel Princess has now gone almost completely blind. Of our three dogs, she is the one that is Mother's little helper and follows every step I take. She used to love going outside to chase after anything that moved but now refuses to go and must be taken out on a leash. I know this stems from one night when we let her out and she couldn't seem to find her way back to the front door. I love her to death but it has gotten to the point where I need to put her in another room when I am doing my housework as she is always underfoot and I have stepped on her more than once. Not fun for either of us

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2722684;
    Aww bewty I know that is hard for you. Chauncy used to key in on the porch light to make it back to the door. Sometimes he would head back to the wrong apartment. He was deaf also so I wouldn't let him out by himself as I was afraid he would get hit by a car. When I first moved in here, before he went blind and deaf, my best friend lived in the townhouse 2 doors down. He used to go sit in front of her door waiting to be let in because that's the apartment he was used to coming to when we used to visit her.
    It is hard to see our furry ones age, my folks Missy the 12 yr old bassett hound has been going deaf and it breaks my heart because I remember going over there and all I would need to do is call out her name and she would ARRRROOOO and then roll over for a tummy rub. Now we approach her from the front so she can see us, but she is just as happy nonetheless...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2721758;
    Not fun for either of us
    Sorry bewty! I missed this post.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

Unklescott , gabriel and Uncle David...Thanks so much for the hugs and words of encouragement. It is so hard watching our furry lil loved ones change so rapidly....we rely on them to always be there and it is hard to grasp when the circumstances change and our routine with them won't ever be the same.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2722677;
    Nice try!! I am imagining your interactions, and would have paid good money to see this!! And Let That Be A Lesson To You!!!
    I'm with Prhoshay, I would have paid to see that!

I was looking for something and found Rosie's Santa suit. Well its been a few years and she's put on a couple pounds, so it no longer fits. I put the hat on her and the LOOK I got was priceless. She kept it on for about 30 seconds glaring at me and then started pawing at it. I took the hint.

I'm sure Joey is thinking: "wait until he goes to sleep and let me see how HE looks in the bow tie and hat!!!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy Holidays from my critters to yours. The pic is a little big so I'll just leave the link.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom...herdoogie2.jpg
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I love the picture agamergirl- Hilarious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That is a great pic, agamergirl. I love it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2724905;
    Happy Holidays from my critters to yours. The pic is a little big so I'll just leave the link.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom...herdoogie2.jpg
    What a great photo. I LOVE it. And they let you do that? They even look happy about it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved that picture! Made me chuckle out loud! Our critters put up with so much crap from us...and they still love us!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Adore that picture agamergirl!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread