+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2718961;
    I miss my kitties and I'm not gone yet. They promised me they will be very very good to Grandpa when he stays over. They won't fight, hiss, knock things over, leave surprise furballs, and will use their litter boxes faithfully.

Five days away is soooooo long.

I scooted around yesterday and have not found the Chia Kitty Grass. It doesn't seem to be in stores yet.
    Have a very fun trip and I'm sure the kitties will enjoy being spoiled by grandpa.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I thought this was funny.

Toilet Cleaning Instructions:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet; the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bath room and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,
    The Dog

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2719444;
    I thought this was funny.

Toilet Cleaning Instructions:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet; the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bath room and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,
    The Dog

We have discovered that Waldo LOVES whistling. We were watching the Andy Griffith show and as you know it is impossible to watch that show without whistling the theme. He got SO happy and was bananas running to each of us. So then we started whistling other songs. Bridge on the River Kwai, Can't You See, anything really. He LOVES it. It makes him so happy.

So now when we take him out and need him to come back, we whistle the Andy Griffith show and he comes running like a bat out of you know where. He is totally captivated by whistling. The neighbors all think we're crazy or either just love The Andy Griffith show, but it works. He will stop in mid squirrel chase to come to the whistler. And he kind of prances/dances and if we're in the house whistling, he wants to be right in your face so the wind from the whistling is actually blowing his hair. Weird dog. Happy dog, but weird.

Who knew. He likes Ozzy Osbourne and whistling.

I love having somthing that can be made SO happy SO easily. If it were only this easy on the teenager.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2719444;
    Sincerely,
    The Dog
    The signature had me howling with laughter.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2719616;
    The signature had me howling with laughter.
    I know, that was the best part!

I know that Rosie sits around here thinking of stuff like that to do to Waldo, if only her mind powers of transmitting her thoughts to te humans would work. You can see her concentrating on it. Kind of scary at times, but I just know she's psychically trying to tell us stuff like this to do to Waldo. (but he wouldn't fit in the toilet bowl)

Well we added a new additon. A black kitten named Smokey, who's about 5 months old. Our other cat acts like we committed a crime against him because he won't even come in the house. I think when he gets hungry enough he will. He already knows her because she was among a group of strays that were hanging around but he still doesn't seem interested in making friends with her right now. Our dog, who I mentioned is now blind, couldn't care less. She doesn't bother him either except to try and eat his food.

Christmas is not the best time to get a kitten if you have a tree. She loves to play with the ornaments but I put other toys out for her and a scratching post and that seems to keep her attention for the most part.

I take her next month to get spayed because the vet said she's still a little too young. The best news was that although she was born to a stray, she doesn't have feline leukemia. I was really happy about that.

I'm not liking the middle of the night grooming on my hands but she tried so hard to become part of our family that we just couldn't resist.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Congratulations on the new addition! Though demonic, it is amazing how charmed you become by these adorable fuzzballs! Having a kitten always reminds me of why "babies are for young people".....be they human or otherwise!! My youngest is 2-1/2 and is still playing the part of the fool!!

Have a ball!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Congrats ACF! I'm feeling your pain/love. My new one is a hell raiser. Thank God Greta and Ella are the perfect cats. If it wasn't for their balance I'd go crazy.

Lil' Bit's good for them too. I've noticed a rise in frequency in the number of daily Kittyanapolis 500s around the house.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2720856;
    Congrats ACF! I'm feeling your pain/love. My new one is a hell raiser. Thank God Greta and Ella are the perfect cats. If it wasn't for their balance I'd go crazy.

Lil' Bit's good for them too. I've noticed a rise in frequency in the number of daily Kittyanapolis 500s around the house.
    You have the Kittyanapolis 500?

We have a NASDOG track around the outside of the house here.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2715729;
    Waldo decided that nothing would do but he HAD to sit in my lap this morning. Big lug weighs close to 60 pounds and is NOT a lap dog. Not to be outdone, Jealous, otherwise known as Bogie had to get up there too. You will notice that Rosie is being good on the sofa kind of with the attitude of "I don't HAVE to do what the boys do".

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2715833;
    I can sympathize with you, MRD. Only the cruelest soul could turn away a 6-month-old puppy, I surely can't, and 60 pounds is just about what a 6-month Newf weighs. I was sitting in a recliner with a very young Gustav in my lap, but he decided that he wanted to reach up and kiss me. That shifted the center of gravity enough that we went over backwards in the chair Gosh Dad, that was FUN!
    You all have me laughing so hard I'm crying ... and the the toilet power wash as a follow-up ? Please ... I can't breathe !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread