+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

He's probably about 170 (pounds, not kilos!) He'd be better off at about 155, but now that he can't eat Bjorn's leftovers he'll probably drift back down to a healthier weight.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I have to keep Lil' Bit locked in another room while Greta and Ella eat. Otherwise she'll finish her food in a gulp and nuzzle the others out of their dishes. She is a handful.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Newf: Wow. He is one big boy! (I'm sure you both still miss Bjorn terribly )

Could you just imagine a cat breed that large?! Meowza. And the claws!

UncleDavid: That Lil Bit of yours is the cutest handful. When she grows up will you call her Bigger Bit?!!

I have to feed Gracie in a separate "safe" place too or Mr. Tootles will find her plate and eat it as well. So she usually gets some extra food at the top of her tree or in a different room when Mr. Rumbles is snoozing!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2715833;
    I can sympathize with you, MRD. Only the cruelest soul could turn away a 6-month-old puppy, I surely can't, and 60 pounds is just about what a 6-month Newf weighs. I was sitting in a recliner with a very young Gustav in my lap, but he decided that he wanted to reach up and kiss me. That shifted the center of gravity enough that we went over backwards in the chair Gosh Dad, that was FUN!
    I would have liked to have seen that.

As it is, mine can shift weight just enough to make the chair recline, but we've never gone over backwards yet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's quite a lapfull, MRD! I know Waldo causes you to pull your hair out sometimes, but he sure is cute.

It has been hot here (over 90F, 34C), and I worry about my big dog overheating. She has been skittish around the pool, so I put a leash on her and she walked right in with me. Today, when I just showed her the leash, she jumped in, did a lap, and got out. I know she feels much better as she runs up and down the yard, throwing around toys, etc. But too funny. Some day it will be like a Chevy Chase movie and we will have her somewhere around water when someone whips out a leash. I know they say Mastiffs aren't the smartest of breeds (read stubborn) but she sure caught on fast!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 12-12-2007 at 05:38 PM.

MRD

Yep, it's his cuteness and his loveableness that make up for his naughtyness.
    I can forgive him just about anything when he looks at me with that goofy loveable face.

He had a bath today (it was near 80 here today) and he did REALLY well. Much better than past baths, so he was generously rewarded. And he smells so much better now.
    He stood still and let my husband bathe him. No more rainbird sprinkler with my husband holding the leash in one hand, the hose in the other and Waldo going around in a circle with my husband squirting water as they twirled.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2713623;
    Yeah, pretty much.

Pumpkin likes to hop up onto the railing heading upstairs in my house. He's King of the World when he's up there.

Dolly likes to bury herself in a pile of pillows lately.
    Marleybone - The higher Pumpkin goes, the more he'll be able to look down on us. heh heh heh

Dolly looks so huggable buried in there.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2715729;
    Waldo decided that nothing would do but he HAD to sit in my lap this morning. Big lug weighs close to 60 pounds and is NOT a lap dog. Not to be outdone, Jealous, otherwise known as Bogie had to get up there too. You will notice that Rosie is being good on the sofa kind of with the attitude of "I don't HAVE to do what the boys do".
    myrosiedog - I started to chuckle looking at Waldo and Bogie trying to do the lap shuffle, but I absolutely laughed when I saw Rosie sitting there with that expression of UH UH -not me - boys are fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2715833;
    I can sympathize with you, MRD. Only the cruelest soul could turn away a 6-month-old puppy, I surely can't, and 60 pounds is just about what a 6-month Newf weighs. I was sitting in a recliner with a very young Gustav in my lap, but he decided that he wanted to reach up and kiss me. That shifted the center of gravity enough that we went over backwards in the chair Gosh Dad, that was FUN!
    Newfherder - Thanks so much for more laughter today as I pictured this one in my head. SPLAT! I bet Gustav wanted to do it again.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

myrosiedog - That is an awesome picture. When I first looked at it, I thought it was just the dogs, I didn't even see you at first.

Waldo is a big boy! I hope he didn't crush any of your vital organs.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2717200;
    myrosiedog - That is an awesome picture. When I first looked at it, I thought it was just the dogs, I didn't even see you at first.

Waldo is a big boy! I hope he didn't crush any of your vital organs.
    He looks much smaller when wet. After the bath yesterday, we were laughing because he really looks tiny (he still weighs close to 60 pounds), but he really is mostly hair.
    And big wet boy got on my bed and wouldn't get off either. I had to bribe with treats. I did not need a big wet dog making my bed smell like wet dog and making the sheets wet.

He has HUGE paws. I swear they just gigantic so when he gets in my lap like that, I really hate for him to step on me. The biggest problem isn't getting crushed, but being pinned helpless in the chair as he has his way with my face, licking it, sticking his nose in my ears, trying to bite my nose, etc. So there is lots of shrieking going on and him darting his face around mine. And of course he thinks its funny. Then the other two get jealous and want in my lap and its a dog free for all. I'm surprised the chair doesn't go over backwards.

Fortunately he doesn't do the lap thing very often.

I miss my kitties and I'm not gone yet. They promised me they will be very very good to Grandpa when he stays over. They won't fight, hiss, knock things over, leave surprise furballs, and will use their litter boxes faithfully.

Five days away is soooooo long.

I scooted around yesterday and have not found the Chia Kitty Grass. It doesn't seem to be in stores yet.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread