+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2714041;

She and Bogie for as long as we've had them emit a very strong odor. We bathe them frequently, but still they start smelling like dog quicker than any other dog we've ever had. And their breath would knock down an elephant. They have their teeth cleaned at the vets and I"ve tried brushing them at home (would have been easier to bathe a cat I suspect) and giving them the breath fresh chewies, but they are just odorous dogs for some reason.
    Next time you go to the vet's office, have them clean the anal glands. I assume most groomers do it too. Anyone who pays to have a dog groomed doesn't want stinking. (that's what dogs are sniffing when they smell butts, not--you know.)Raisin has to have this done also and it helps the stinking a lot! I also helped my younger sister when she worked at a groomers years ago--the boss was out on a drunk so we clipped all the dogs.(If you can body clip a horse without making him look like a zebra, you can do any doggie cut as long as you have a good, clear picture. She did the butt cleaning though, as i was not about to do it or even watch how. They can also show you how to do it at home. Susan has been nursing for years and doesn't mind doing it, but YUCK. If it were me I'd pay a groomer to do just that one item.
    It's something to try one time anyway!

I love my kitties, but when I retire, I'm getting dogs too. They just aren't the animal for night shifters!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2714989;
    Next time you go to the vet's office, have them clean the anal glands. I assume most groomers do it too. Anyone who pays to have a dog groomed doesn't want stinking. (that's what dogs are sniffing when they smell butts, not--you know.)Raisin has to have this done also and it helps the stinking a lot! I also helped my younger sister when she worked at a groomers years ago--the boss was out on a drunk so we clipped all the dogs.(If you can body clip a horse without making him look like a zebra, you can do any doggie cut as long as you have a good, clear picture. She did the butt cleaning though, as i was not about to do it or even watch how. They can also show you how to do it at home. Susan has been nursing for years and doesn't mind doing it, but YUCK. If it were me I'd pay a groomer to do just that one item.
    It's something to try one time anyway!

I love my kitties, but when I retire, I'm getting dogs too. They just aren't the animal for night shifters!

We do that and have been doing it ourselves for years. (NOT my most favorite job, let me tell YOU! In fact, it's one of those jobs I try to bargain myself out of. "I'll massage your feet for 30 min. if you squeeze the dog butt. Never works. No one wants that job. ), but I've heard other JRT owners say the same thing that the dogs tend to be odiferous if not bathed regularly. Must be the nature of the breed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So, I can't sleep, and what comes on but another commercial for a Xmas product. It's Chia Pets!! I laughed out loud. I didn't know those were still around! So then I'm thinking, wouldn't it be great if kitties could eat whatever grows in the Chia Pet. I had no idea what they used but realized it was "chia".

Lo and behold, the universe was listening to me because the next commercial promoted the Chia Cat Grass ChiaPet!!! Specifically used with wheat grass to tantilize your little kitties! I couldn't believe it! I'm going to WalMart tomorrow!!

Attachment 22787

I know that cat grass has always been available. Just not in a Chia Pet container with Sylvester and Tweety. How impressive!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2715436;
    So, I can't sleep, and what comes on but another commercial for a Xmas product. It's Chia Pets!! I laughed out loud. I didn't know those were still around! So then I'm thinking, wouldn't it be great if kitties could eat whatever grows in the Chia Pet. I had no idea what they used but realized it was "chia".

Lo and behold, the universe was listening to me because the next commercial promoted the Chia Cat Grass ChiaPet!!! Specifically used with wheat grass to tantilize your little kitties! I couldn't believe it! I'm going to WalMart tomorrow!!

Attachment 22787

I know that cat grass has always been available. Just not in a Chia Pet container with Sylvester and Tweety. How impressive!

We were laughing the other night too as you never see the chia commercials except at Christmas and have to wonder if they are so popular that people clamor for a chia pet at Christmas every year for at least 25 years that I know of.
    But its cool they make a kitty one.

I have seen other commercials for kitty gardens, its just been a while.

I hope your kitties like their Chia Pet. Are you going to get the Garfield one?

MRD

Waldo decided that nothing would do but he HAD to sit in my lap this morning. Big lug weighs close to 60 pounds and is NOT a lap dog. Not to be outdone, Jealous, otherwise known as Bogie had to get up there too. You will notice that Rosie is being good on the sofa kind of with the attitude of "I don't HAVE to do what the boys do".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, great picture! You are nothing but legs and head! Too funny!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2715800;
    mrd, great picture! You are nothing but legs and head! Too funny!!

Yeah, they hide the worst parts of me. Maybe I should just carry them around like that with me.

They wouldn't have been as bad if they had been still, but neither one will be still in my lap. It has to be a squirmfest and then I tell them they have to get down. You can sit there if you are still. Not if you are trying to bite my n ose, lick my face or stick your nose in my ear.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Makes me glad I only have cats to pile on.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I can sympathize with you, MRD. Only the cruelest soul could turn away a 6-month-old puppy, I surely can't, and 60 pounds is just about what a 6-month Newf weighs. I was sitting in a recliner with a very young Gustav in my lap, but he decided that he wanted to reach up and kiss me. That shifted the center of gravity enough that we went over backwards in the chair Gosh Dad, that was FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2715492;
    I hope your kitties like their Chia Pet. Are you going to get the Garfield one?
    No, because I don't think cats can eat chia safely. So I'll get the one with cat grass. It only comes in Sylvester and Tweety! My kitties already received their big gift earlier this year with their double-decker stroller. It is now put away safely in the garage because it didn't come with snow tires and heated beds!

MRD: I can't find you in the photo!

Newf: I can just picture you and Gustav tipping over that chair...how much does he weigh now?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread