+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1138Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2713629;
    IMy kitties also like to walk in front of my face with their tails lifted straight up, at which time they are automatically and quickly shoved away! Eeeewwwww..............
    Over the years I've discovered that (gently!)grabbing the tail and pushing it down like a pump handle will make the kitty just turn around, so you can continue petting the good end. Except for Zip, if you are laying on the floor with her and do the tail grab, she immediately flops upside down for a belly rub

I did smell the kitty feet, as I'm not squeamish; none of mine have a food odor. Has everyone checked their food for cat tracks?

RE Michel Vick-- I'm actually happy that he wasn't allowed to go around making anti dog fighting speeches or something. Don't forget, there are still state charges pending, and Virginia has very tough laws which they are known for enforcing. I hope he gets enough time there to ruin any chances of his ever playing football again.
    Since MV has several finance companies after him for millions in unpaid loans, and has spent his money so stupidly, I'd like to think that when he gets out of jail, he won't have enough money to act like quite as big a fool anymore. If he never gets another endorsement check or football job, so much the better.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

If you even pretend to touch my cat's tail, she'll bite you. Years ago she played hide n seek in the closet and got her tail closed in the door. Now, she hates having her tail even brushed up against, but she loves to have her face rubbed. Cat's are so cute.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2713985;
    Don't get too upset with Waldo over the tree. When you put it up he probably thought "Oh boy, we're finally getting indoor plumbing."
    I'm a lucky dog ,lucky dog, lucky dog - oh boy!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2713985;
    Don't get too upset with Waldo over the tree. When you put it up he probably thought "Oh boy, we're finally getting indoor plumbing."
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2714026;
    I'm a lucky dog ,lucky dog, lucky dog - oh boy!

Since the squirrels he so dearly loves reside in the pines outside, I think he's been checking it to see if there are any squirrels he must chase.

Actually he's pretty much left it alone. We put the chair up when we are goine because most of his chewing happens when we leave him (separation anxiety) and because 3/4 of this household are too lazy to put it back when we come home.

Rosie has very small, very petite feet. She likes to curl up next to me and have me hold her feet. Her feet are always cold (she's a woman after all. ) and I think she likes having me hold them. But even for a small dog, they are very, very tiny. I still didn't sniff them though.
    She and Bogie for as long as we've had them emit a very strong odor. We bathe them frequently, but still they start smelling like dog quicker than any other dog we've ever had. And their breath would knock down an elephant. They have their teeth cleaned at the vets and I"ve tried brushing them at home (would have been easier to bathe a cat I suspect) and giving them the breath fresh chewies, but they are just odorous dogs for some reason.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-10-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2713726;
    Michael Vick was sentenced today to 23 months. Not enough in my book.
    No amount of time would be long enough for me, abusing animals (or children, the elderly, or the disabled) is the lowest of the low.

Two good things have happened from all this awfulness:

1. Putting a spotlight on the horrible illegal sport of dogfighting

2. Michael Vick is losing a crapload of money over this, think of all the endorsement deals he will never have now.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Aunt BB bought Izzy a little elf outfit to wear when she's helping Santa Paws.....
    My brother just rolled his eyes when I put it on her....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh for Heavens sake bb that is Hilarious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2713857;
    I think it was appropriate to admonish the investigator in this case. It is entirely possible that a mistake was made by an otherwise loving pet owner. Putting the pet owner in the line of an uninformed mob was not particularly good judgment.

Having said that, I will admit, I doubt I would be all that civilized if I were to witness someone hanging or drowning a dog. In fact, I think I can say with absolute certainty, I'd beat the @$%#*&^ within an inch of their life.
    I believe, if I recall correctly, that the dog was locked in the car while the owner went into a bar. At any rate, he was in the car for several hours and was close to dead when rescued. It gets surprisingly hot up here in the summer, and I know that when we've gotten back into our car after a half hour stop the temperature has been as high as 170f. Anyway, I think the dog owner was being belligerent and the investigator needed to subdue him in order to get the dog out. I don't think he expected the enraged mob. I guess that's why he didn't lose his job.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2714139;
    Aunt BB bought Izzy a little elf outfit to wear when she's helping Santa Paws.....
    My brother just rolled his eyes when I put it on her....

That is hilarious! Love it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

buglover: Awww. Her poor little tail. That must have hurt her terribly. I'm glad she loves to have her face petted though!

queenb: Good advice. I 've never heard it called the "pump handle"! My beloved snowflake always used to sleep on my chest with her rear end in my face; and her tail swishing over my nose. It was endearing. I miss that now, butt and all.

myrosiedog: There are no such things as "just odorous cats".

bbnbama: Oh my Gosh... how CUTE is IZZY!! That is a gorgeous outfit.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread