+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2713726;
    Michael Vick was sentenced today to 23 months. Not enough in my book.
    Mine either. I asked my husband what happens to someone famous like him in prison? It is worse or better? I hope its worse.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2713726;
    Michael Vick was sentenced today to 23 months. Not enough in my book.
    Nor mine. Particularly because I don't believe he is genuinely sorry, regardless of what he says to the contrary.

Locally, an investigator for the OSPCA was reinstated today after four months suspension after handcuffing a rottweiler owner to his car door handle while rescuing the dog who had been locked in the car. Apparently the idiot who locked the dog in the car was beaten by several bystanders while handcuffed. They probably shouldn't have done that, but I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for anyone who would lock an animal in a car in August. Anyway, glad the investigator didn't lose his job.
    Last edited by Rattus; 12-10-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

23 months??? Is that all??????????????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2713736;
    23 months??? Is that all??????????????
    I guess its better than the 92 min. prison sentences that Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan got. But still not enough.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Yeah but they weren't responsible for the mutiliation and killing of dogs....I hope that he comes back as a dog in another life!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

LOL Nice!!! That would be the ultimate punishment.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2713735;
    Apparently the idiot who locked the dog in the car was beaten by several bystanders while handcuffed.
    I think it was appropriate to admonish the investigator in this case. It is entirely possible that a mistake was made by an otherwise loving pet owner. Putting the pet owner in the line of an uninformed mob was not particularly good judgment.

Having said that, I will admit, I doubt I would be all that civilized if I were to witness someone hanging or drowning a dog. In fact, I think I can say with absolute certainty, I'd beat the @$%#*&^ within an inch of their life.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2713839;
    Yeah but they weren't responsible for the mutiliation and killing of dogs....I hope that he comes back as a dog in another life!
    No, but drunk driving has the potential to kill innocent people. (not sure what all their crimes were, but I'm "thinking" it was that.)

He needs to come back as a worm, not a dog. He'd probably find a household like one of ours and be treated better than he treated his dogs.

Personally I think they need to rub raw meat on him and turn some dogs loose on him!

Michael Vick didn't get enough time, but at least he got SOME time in jail. Better than a slap on the wrist and a fine. Animal abuse is not taken seriously enough by the courts IMO.

-------------

Well, I did the sniff test with both of my kitties. They just smell like fur, clean and fluffy.

I love kitty paws. Especially when they stretch and they separate their toes. There's all that little fur inbetween which stick out.....so cute! And I love watching their fluffy tails go this way and that, or twitch when they sleep. And I love it when they hide their little nosies under their paws or tails to keep warm. Or put a paw over their eyes because it's too bright when they plunked down and are too tired to move somewhere else. And I like to watch their tummies go up and down as they breathe when they dream. And it's so much fun to see them try to roll over and do a big stretch; particularly Mr. Tootles, who is a little too big to roll over all the way and gets stuck on his back.

I just love watching my kitties.

It was a nice warmer day today so both of them went out for a little walk on the deck and sniff of fresh winter air. I swear Mr. Tootles thinks he's a big grey bear in the winter. He dives in the snow, digs like a dog, sticks his head in the hole to see what's there and pops back out with snow on his whiskers and a look of disappointment on his face. He's a funny guy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2713716;
    Here is a picture of our Christmas tree with the ancient old custom of the "Waldo Chair" (ancient custom being about 10 days old here. )
    Don't get too upset with Waldo over the tree. When you put it up he probably thought "Oh boy, we're finally getting indoor plumbing."

+ Reply to Thread