+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I am NOT checking out Waldo's toes, I don't care what they smell like. I'm just NOT even going to attempt that one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Noooooooo
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am so not sniffing my cat's toes. I know where they've been.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions earlier, everyone...I never even thought of donating cleaning supplies, or collars and leashes!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

My cat's toes remind me of jellybeans, but I couldn't tell you what they smell like!
    I'm crossing my fingers but breathing a bit easier around here. No 'accidents' this week so far, and BooBoo was actually out for 15 minutes with Rocky this morning with no incidents. (Except she decided to sniff noses for the first time ever while he was in the litter box, so I hope he's not scared to use it now.)
    I've pretty much decided not to make the effort to get Zip and BooBoo aquainted as it seems to be too much for the new kitty, and Zip will be gone to L's house in 2 weeks anyway. I think trying to get just the 2 used to each other is a much better idea, as the fighting was only getting worse, if that's possible, with all 3 cats out at once. If any of them had any front claws, I'd probably have at least one big vet bill by now.

MRD, I'm with everyone else enjoying the Adventures of Waldo. Give him a ug for me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Life is too funny in the Gutmutter household these days... the two kittens who are already booked to make Chrismas morning appearances in their new homes are just starting to explore the kitchen. Kimono, who we kept from last summer's litter is appalled/intrigued by their brazen encroachment and responds by PROTECTING THE DOG! She will place herself between them and him and anytime she has been outside the first thing she does when she comes back in is run to him and rub the length of her body against his face. Maybe she's afraid they'll replace her in his affections. She's also climbing the Christmas tree from the inside and playing with the ornaments in reach. I'm vigilent against fallen icicles. I just loaded up the bird feeders with 4 different kinds of seed/suet and am really enjoying the birds who found it within minutes. In fact, I need to go out now and pour hot water into the birdbath.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709650;
    You know Gabriel, I'm not even sure Mona and "The Look" would have an affect on Waldo.
    I was just thinking about this and if Mona were here with a Waldo around she would have probably taken to ignoring him by now with the occaisonal hiss, spit,growl and swat, just like how she was with Joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2712265;
    I was just thinking about this and if Mona were here with a Waldo around she would have probably taken to ignoring him by now with the occaisonal hiss, spit,growl and swat, just like how she was with Joey.
    Mona and Rosie probably have a lot in common and Waldo ignores Rosies attempts. We can always tell when Rosie has snapped at him as she then looks like Colonal Sanders with a Waldo hair goatee hanging from her chin.

He either doesn't care or doesn't realize she's not playing. He still bothers the heck out of her most of the time.

He decided last night that by god, he was going to sleep with us too. He'll come visit on the bed and then get down and sleep on the floor, but last night he wouldn't get down. Rosie was under the covers on the other side of my husband and you could hear her growling (Waldo was no where near her or in danger of taking her room in the bed). Bogie took offense and we had WW3 at which point my husband who was trying to sleep rolled over and yelled at Waldo to get down. He retreated to the foot of the bed and looked very pleased with himself. But before long, he was back up at the head and the next time my husband yelled at him, he came over and just sat on me staring at my husband. I was able to lure him off the bed with a cracker and he finally let us all go to sleep.

All three dogs are still asleep in bed with my husband. Waldo has taken over my spot on the bed, so I can't even go in there to read like I had planned.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2712365;

All three dogs are still asleep in bed with my husband. Waldo has taken over my spot on the bed, so I can't even go in there to read like I had planned.
    That's what the couch is for..............
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so I am still the queen of the pill-givers to my baby gurl, Chloe (you know, enlarged heart/hypertension chick). I'm having to administer meds twice/day now. She pulled a "poor me, why are you doing this to me" move on me, and she got to me. After giving her the morning meds (I've taken to placing her on top of my 4-foot step ladder), she laid her head on my shoulder with her head facing my neck, and just stayed there for about a minute, not moving. It broke my heart. We had a few soft words and hugs and smooches. She still takes her meds well, though. We'll be doing this for the rest of her life. I understand her misery. Physically, though, she is still pretty asymptomatic...still chasing the others when she wants to and running the show. Must be nice to be the queen!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay - you are a wonderful parent. Skritches to Chloe
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread