+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Our local Humane Society often requests cleaning supplies as well as towels and paper products. They also can always use cash! They are having a fundraiser this weekend which involves pet photos with Santa. We may have to take Henry to that.

Another good idea is collars and leashes. We purchased inexpensive collars and leashes at the dollar store after Hurricane Katrina because our Humane Society took several truckloads of donations to that area and that was the main thing that they requested other than food.

Our Humane Society has gotten a grant from PetSmart for a really neat new program. PetSmart is funding heartworm treatment for 100 dogs (who would otherwise have to be put down) and the Humane Society is looking for volunteers to provide foster homes for the dogs while they recover from their treatment. The dogs have to be crated almost all of the time for about 6 weeks. I wish we could take one in. Henry would be fine with it, but Simon is old and grouchy and doesn't really like other dogs. He's also had enough medical problems of his own lately.

Happy Holidays to you and your furry friends!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2710495;
    You know something myrosiedog? Everyone should read this post of yours twice and we COULD LEARN from Waldo, be happy, don't sweat the small stuff (like Rosie). If we could all have Waldo moments, hours or days, I think we would all feel better.. Now you go give Waldo a great big hug from me, and tell him I think he is special. Not that you, your hubby, the daughter, Rosie and Bogie aren't, well Waldo... is ... Waldo. He is sure lucky that he got you and vice versa.
    That sums it up well. I adore my family (most of the time) and I adore my dogs and Rosie and Bogie have always been very special, but Waldo, is Waldo and he is extra special. What a big loveable mutt.

I've read that book Snickertink. I should write about Waldo. He is just one of those dogs that you only get once. And he is such a goof and so much fun. I don't think we've ever had a dog like him and probably won't again.

Yep, Newf, he is "special".

Remember Wayne's World? Well we now have Waldo's World. And its usually only him that occupies it because the rest of us can't figure him out.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and was making coffee, well I don't know what happened, he must have slept through me getting up and stepping over him headed to the bathroom and didn't wake up until he heard me in the kitchen. He came out barking his head off (he doesn't really bark much). I guess he thought thieves were stealing the Mr. Coffee, but he woke up the entire house and they are NOT happy.
    The good news is that the Mr. Coffee is safe from thievery.

ETA: Oh @#$@#$, @#$@#$, @#$%#@%

I just stepped on the stick. Barefoot. It is NOT a smooth stick, but has broken off nubs of other branches on it. I didn't know he brought it in the house and i stepped on it. I swear it must have gone through my foot and while I was hopping around cussing, Waldo thought I was playing and he's danced around me smiling and wagging his tail and is so proud of his @#%$#$%$# stupid stick. Damn dog!
    Last edited by MRD; 12-08-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Well we are in rare form today. I really need a video camera.

Here's another Waldo story.

Waldo and Bogie were outside playing grab a** like they do all the time. Waldo was on his back rolling around and kicking his legs. Bogie jumped on him, but one of Waldo's back legs was actually under Bogie. Waldo then kicked his legs and Bogie was launched. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. He went SAILING about 3 feet and actually landed on his feet and the look on his face was: "how the hell did I end up here?"

Waldo of course had no clue as to what he had done, but he immediately got up and chased Bogie who was still kind of stunned from the experience.

I also found a wet, chewed paper napkin in the dog food bowl. I guess he's now learned some manners and is wiping his face when he's through eating.

This dog needs an agent. He needs to be on tv. However, the agent is going to have transport him because I'll never get in a moving car with Waldo AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2711174;
    Well we are in rare form today. I really need a video camera.

Here's another Waldo story.

Waldo and Bogie were outside playing grab a** like they do all the time. Waldo was on his back rolling around and kicking his legs. Bogie jumped on him, but one of Waldo's back legs was actually under Bogie. Waldo then kicked his legs and Bogie was launched. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. He went SAILING about 3 feet and actually landed on his feet and the look on his face was: "how the hell did I end up here?"
    Aren't animals great? That made me laugh out loud. And I needed a laugh. Thanks.

myrosiedog: Yes, start dictating your first book, Adventures with Waldo! It would be a hit. And definitely take some photos and video!

gabriel: I've been sitting for some time now. Is it ok if I get up?

waywwrd and doxie: Those are great ideas for donations! Our local Human Society has just announced they cannot accept any more dogs or puppies. That has never happened before. They are full to the brim and need them adopted by responsible owners. It's so sad.

myrosiedog: Here's a couple ideas for a hat for rosie!
    Attachment 22770Attachment 22771
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Miss Kitty, I think Rosie would prefer something a little more stylish, maybe by Chanel??? Those are cute though.

The Weird and Wacky Adventures of Waldo the Wonder Dog, or subtitled:
    Waldo's World, it's Puppytime! "Party on Bogie, Party on Waldo"

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2711376;
    gabriel: I've been sitting for some time now. Is it ok if I get up?
    You may get up now..but must rub tummy first
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

There are a thousand reasons why I love Finley, and I've just discovered reason one thousand and one - his feet smell like biscuits.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You may want to check your bread before you eat any more of it . . .

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love my kitties toes, but biscuits...they ain't!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread