+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

You know Gabriel, I'm not even sure Mona and "The Look" would have an affect on Waldo.

Rosie has tried unsuccessfully to keep him in line and he just ignores her.
    He lives in his own little Waldo world doing Waldo things oblivious to what is going on around him. When Rosie tries to exert her alpha dogness on him, he thinks she's playing.

I'm telling you, I think we could all learn from Waldo. Be happy, don't let the little things bother you (like Rosie), always wag your tail, try to lick as many people as possible, and assume that everyone loves you. Make sure you chase a few squirrels everday to stay in shape and spend a part of everyday gaving out the window contemplating life and always take naps!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I like Waldo's outlook on life. I'd love to be able to live my life like that. Especially the naps part!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2709628;
    Waldo - SIT!
    I don't know if Waldo sat, but I sure did!

Anyone have some good suggestions on what to donate to my local SPCA? I have an extra cat carrier I was going to drop off along with a blanket the Humane Society sent me, and probably some food/treats. What are some other things they might have a need for?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2709863;
    Anyone have some good suggestions on what to donate to my local SPCA? I have an extra cat carrier I was going to drop off along with a blanket the Humane Society sent me, and probably some food/treats. What are some other things they might have a need for?
    Towels and blankets are always a good bet. I would imagine that cat litter wouldn't go amiss, either, along with maybe bags of cedar shavings for their small animals if they have them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't forget disinfectant, and other cleaning supplies, paper towels.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2709947;
    Don't forget disinfectant, and other cleaning supplies, paper towels.
    I was going to say paper towels too.

Good Newf! Here's a treat!
    Last edited by MRD; 12-07-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

MRD - you really should write a book about Waldo - with pictures. I almost wet myself reading your story about the trip to the vet with Waldo.

one of the best books I have read recently was "life with Marley" or something like that - Dude writes about a seriously mental dog and his stories of his beloved fur baby didn't get me into histerical fits of laughter the way yours do.
    You have a gift in the way you tell a story, might as well make a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709650;
    You know Gabriel, I'm not even sure Mona and "The Look" would have an affect on Waldo.

Rosie has tried unsuccessfully to keep him in line and he just ignores her.
    He lives in his own little Waldo world doing Waldo things oblivious to what is going on around him. When Rosie tries to exert her alpha dogness on him, he thinks she's playing.

I'm telling you, I think we could all learn from Waldo. Be happy, don't let the little things bother you (like Rosie), always wag your tail, try to lick as many people as possible, and assume that everyone loves you. Make sure you chase a few squirrels everday to stay in shape and spend a part of everyday gaving out the window contemplating life and always take naps!
    You know something myrosiedog? Everyone should read this post of yours twice and we COULD LEARN from Waldo, be happy, don't sweat the small stuff (like Rosie). If we could all have Waldo moments, hours or days, I think we would all feel better.. Now you go give Waldo a great big hug from me, and tell him I think he is special. Not that you, your hubby, the daughter, Rosie and Bogie aren't, well Waldo... is ... Waldo. He is sure lucky that he got you and vice versa.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Waldo is definitely . . . "special"

+ Reply to Thread