+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2709240;
    Let your fingers do the walking.. I can't get off work otherwise I would come down there and take him.
    Oh, yeah, use the work excuse!

I'd promise to feed you really well in exchange for taking him. Really I would.

I think I will call around and see what I can find. My husband has a truck, but I have ALWAYS hated to see dogs riding in the back of trucks. I tend to think they will jump out (and Waldo probably would and I am NOT riding back there with him either)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709246;
    Oh, yeah, use the work excuse!

I'd promise to feed you really well in exchange for taking him. Really I would.

I think I will call around and see what I can find. My husband has a truck, but I have ALWAYS hated to see dogs riding in the back of trucks. I tend to think they will jump out (and Waldo probably would and I am NOT riding back there with him either)
    Some states have a law against dogs riding in the back unless they are restrained. And then if you are in an accident, that still won't protect them. A secured dog kennel is probably your best bet.

We had a miniature Dachshund when I was a child. We went on many weekend trips to the lake. My parents and the dog were always in the cab of the truck. My brother and I were in the back of the truck. I know that is frowned upon now, but it sure was fun at the time! Henry would probably freak out if we tried to put him in a crate in the back of our truck.

Rosie - just call your vet (or a new vet) and describe the mole to them. If they want to see him, have your husband or daughter drive Waldo to the vet. I hope it's nothing serious. Simon used to get pink little bumpy things that kind of looked like moles on his back. Our vet suggested a cream once and a steroid shot another time (for a bad outbreak) and he hasn't had many problems since then. Good luck!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2709539;
    We had a miniature Dachshund when I was a child. We went on many weekend trips to the lake. My parents and the dog were always in the cab of the truck. My brother and I were in the back of the truck. I know that is frowned upon now, but it sure was fun at the time! Henry would probably freak out if we tried to put him in a crate in the back of our truck.

Rosie - just call your vet (or a new vet) and describe the mole to them. If they want to see him, have your husband or daughter drive Waldo to the vet. I hope it's nothing serious. Simon used to get pink little bumpy things that kind of looked like moles on his back. Our vet suggested a cream once and a steroid shot another time (for a bad outbreak) and he hasn't had many problems since then. Good luck!

Oh yeah, the greatest thrill of my childhood was riding in the back of a pickup.

We had a neighbor that had a very unfortunate accident with a dog in the back of his truck and the dog was secured by a leash as well. Fortunately the dog survived, but it just makes me never want to put an animal in the back of a truck, secured or unsecured.
    I'll call the vet and see what they say.

Poor Waldo! Another hurdle to get through in life. I hope all goes well with the vet.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709234;
    You guys do remember the Waldo and the vet story from a couple months ago right?
    First I need to find a new vet (can't go back to the other one, too embarrassed) and secondly, I have to transport him there and he gets very, very carsick.

I would gladly pay one of you guys to come and get him and take him to the vet for me. Really!
    Rather than pay someone, pay for a crate for him. Really, what would you do if he got injured and had to go to a vet in an emergency--and won't he have to have shots again at some point? I bet you can find a used one somewhere, cheap. Anyway, it's safer to transport him if he's crated. And you can put towels under the crate and throw the whole mess out into the driveway when you get home and hose it out. Rocky gets extremely sick in the car (both "kinds" of sick), so did Boo, plus a couple of other animals I've had to haul. I've even had to hose off the entire animal, crate, and everything because they got sick and got covered in nastiness; the crate is worth way more than you'll pay for it!
    Besides that, I seem to recall Waldo has some issues when left in the house alone. Crates are great for solving those problems too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2709621;
    Poor Waldo! Another hurdle to get through in life. I hope all goes well with the vet.
    Where most dogs see hurdles, Waldo sees dog biscuits. He doesn't know he has a mole. It'll be news to him if I can get him to the vet.

It really isn't big, its not real raised, just a slight bump. It's not discolored and its perfectly round. I'm thinking its just a mole, but better to be safe than sorry.

I'd take a picture of it, but you can't get him to hold still long enough. It's taken me days just to look at it myself because when you get that close to him, he thinks you are playing and he won't hold still.

Well, the up-side for us is -- we get another Waldo story! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2709626;
    Where most dogs see hurdles, Waldo sees dog biscuits. He doesn't know he has a mole. It'll be news to him if I can get him to the vet.

It really isn't big, its not real raised, just a slight bump. It's not discolored and its perfectly round. I'm thinking its just a mole, but better to be safe than sorry.

I'd take a picture of it, but you can't get him to hold still long enough. It's taken me days just to look at it myself because when you get that close to him, he thinks you are playing and he won't hold still.
    Waldo - SIT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gabriel - Thanks for the chuckle!

+ Reply to Thread