+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Doxie, i'm afraid mine might out live me if they don't stop worrying me half to death. At least it's giving me something to keep me occupied at home. I've got Bookitty in her own room with food, toys, 2 litterboxes on the floor, but minus the new cat bed I brought in yesterday. Boo has been using the boxes well, finally, but apparently did not like the new bed or else was stressed, and peed in it, Luckily, it's washable. As for the rest of the time, Zip and Boo both want to dominate everything and it gets ugly in a hurry. I might just work with Zip in the bathroom while Boo is out, and vice versa. If there is no improvement between them, then the split time out will have to work till Christmas. Has anyone else had any luck correcting two female cat that both want to dominate? Their fights get ugly, and neither cat will back off-I have to separate them. So, no more out together except for maybe a few minutes,
    Boo has also attacked my sweet Rocky, when he wanted to check out "her' room . When I got in thre she had him cowering agaist the wall afraid to even move, but she was still all over him. I was really pissed/sorry for Rocky; he was frozen into a hard ball and just shaking. He wouldn't let me put him down for 10 minutes,he was hanging on to me which never happens. I imagine he was too scared by the screaming Banshee Boo to even think to get away. Anyway, it was sad,because Rocky is different--very passive with othrcats,. If anyone has advice about older kitties being moved into homes with new kittes,adult ones, I'd be glad for the advice. I'm doing the things I see in most pet websites,. I think not getting Boo's buddy kitty might be making it worse even. I'm thinking maybe Prozac for Boo temporarily if this doesn't settle soon!

Does any one have any tips for me?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Uncle David - That was definitely an "awwwww" moment. It makes me just want to scoop them up and cuddle for hours.

Uncle David, that was definitely the cutest picture I've seen in a while. Btw, the kitty in your avatar looks so much like a cat I used to have. His name was Zipper and he was convinced he ruled the world.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2704438;
    ...the kitty in your avatar looks so much like a cat I used to have. His name was Zipper and he was convinced he ruled the world.
    Her name is Greta and she, in fact, does rule the world. At least our world.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

And this one rules my world. brunette trixie posted that Zipper was convinced he ruled the world, - are you prepared to disprove that brunettetrixie? Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well in this monarchy, Rosie is Queen, Bogie is the prince who will be king one day, but kind of like Prince Charles, really doesn't have many official duties and of course, Waldo is the court jester.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

queenb: I'm not sure what to do with your kitties except be patient. It took Gracie and Mr. Tootles almost a year to figure out that even though he was bigger, SHE was the queen.

UncleDavid: Awwww! I'm gonna kidnap those little ones of yours one day!

gabriel: I just love the way Joey has his paws folded one over the other.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2705553;
    It took Gracie and Mr. Tootles almost a year to figure out that even though he was bigger, SHE was the queen.
    It takes us boys a while, but eventually we get it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The problem isn't Rocky--he isn't doing anything to the new kitty when she attacks, just sitting on the floor or his bed. Boo just assumes she's going to rule around here, and attacks either of the others that are in the way. Zip will stand her ground and fight back, so I have to separate them. Usually I just put her in the bathroom to begin with, since she will be going to L's house in three weeks anyway, so those two need not get along. I do hate Boo jumping on Rocky for nothing; I went to the doctor's office yesterday and did not close the door to Booboo's room tightly enough, so she was out, and poor Rock Kitty was rolled up in a little hard ball in the corner, shaking and afraid to come out again. I picked him up and it still took 5 minutes for him to unroll. it's just pitiful. I hope Boo will soon learn to tolerate him, but for now I will just have to keep a better lookout, until the situation calms down. At least the bathroom issues are nearly over.
    I went and bought some of that "feliway" spray (expensive!) today that is supposed to help cats calm down. I will see if it seems to help any at all.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Gabriel - Joey looks like, and I mean this is the best possible way, a Holstein cow. His white with big black spots coloring is just adorable. And of course he rules the world, I never argue with a cat.

+ Reply to Thread