+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Trixie!

Thanks for sharing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Brunette Trixie: and welcome. Thanks for sharing. I know there is a big group of supporters for rescued greyhounds in my city. They are such gorgeous dogs. I always think they are so breakable. Lucious doesn't look like he's 11! A local couple who adopted 3 greyhounds found that they are uncertain on linoleum, hardwood flooring and carpet. They are used to one thing; dirt. And stairs can be a bit scary as well. But they do manage. Your Chico looks very sweet indeed. Nice that you have a protector in your home!

queenb: We'll have none of that squirrel stew talk around here! :nono
    I do appreciate that the loving can be a lot less if you are over-run with the little critters. I have always had a resident squirrel or pair of squirrels. Although every so many years, they change. The older ones get beat up by the younger ones and sometimes the neighborhood cats and cars cut the numbers down. I'm not sure how much our extremely cold weather plays in their lifespan. They are pretty good at finding a spot somewhere to keep warm.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Oh Newf, I am so saddened to hear of your lose. I wish peace and love for you and Gustuv. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

Welcome brunette trixie! Thank You for sharing the pictures of your two canine kids. The white & Black fellas below is my 16 pound Joey, The Tabby is my dear Mona who passed on to the Rainbow Bridge in January 2007.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

My deepest sympathies to those of you who have lost your babies. True Love really is the love you share with your fur babies.

queenb, I can actually appreciate that your situation is different than mine, vis-a-vis squirrels. We have at least four identifiable ones whose territories overlap in our yard, and there are likely more whom I can't identify by sight (and I haven't tagged them yet ). Basically I don't lose much more than a few flower heads every spring, a few bulbs every fall, some bird seed and tomatoes ever summer, but I'm willing to pay that price because I just find them so darned entertaining. Once our local tree-rats start carrying AK-45s, though, I'll have to rethink my position on them .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wow. Just wow. I can't begin to express my gratitude to all of you who took the time to console me for my loss. It helps more than I can put into words. And to all of you who changed your avatars to display Bjorn's sweet face, well, if you wanted to make a crusty old Newfherder tear up and choke back sobs, mission accomplished

I won't go into the details of Bjorn's decline; it was mostly just the cruel effects of old age. My ex (and still co-owner of Bjorn) and I agreed that it was his time, and we had the vet come out to my house to administer the final mercy as I lay on the floor hugging him. She (the vet) kissed Bjorn on the forehead and said, "goodbye, baby" as the sedative took effect.

Bjorn now rests in the shade of a weeping willow that overlooks his two favorite places, the pond and the front porch. My ex's 5-year-old twins who have been around the Newfs practically since birth, came out yesterday. The little girl put flowers on the grave and promised Bjorn that she'd plant flowers there in the spring. Her brother, who for some reason doesn't like Newf slobber, overcame his inhibition long enough to kiss Gustav on the muzzle and tell him, "I'll be your brother now!"

Damn it. Now I'm crying again

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2702638;
    Wow. Just wow. I can't begin to express my gratitude to all of you who took the time to console me for my loss. It helps more than I can put into words. And to all of you who changed your avatars to display Bjorn's sweet face, well, if you wanted to make a crusty old Newfherder tear up and choke back sobs, mission accomplished

I won't go into the details of Bjorn's decline; it was mostly just the cruel effects of old age. My ex (and still co-owner of Bjorn) and I agreed that it was his time, and we had the vet come out to my house to administer the final mercy as I lay on the floor hugging him. She (the vet) kissed Bjorn on the forehead and said, "goodbye, baby" as the sedative took effect.

Bjorn now rests in the shade of a weeping willow that overlooks his two favorite places, the pond and the front porch. My ex's 5-year-old twins who have been around the Newfs practically since birth, came out yesterday. The little girl put flowers on the grave and promised Bjorn that she'd plant flowers there in the spring. Her brother, who for some reason doesn't like Newf slobber, overcame his inhibition long enough to kiss Gustav on the muzzle and tell him, "I'll be your brother now!"

Me too. Bjorn was a very lucky dog to have so many people love him so much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2702638;
    It's contagious!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And, now, here I go, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread