+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Why does "stalker kitty's" breath smell like a dead mouse/rat? And, no, we don't have rodents, nor does she go outside.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2701707;
    Why does "stalker kitty's" breath smell like a dead mouse/rat? And, no, we don't have rodents, nor does she go outside.
    Too much coffee? Soft food does that so does some hard foods.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting, and thank you for the suggestion. She has been having occasional soft food breakfasts for several months. I don't remember her breath being this offensive on her hard food. Once we run out of soft food, I think I'll cut it off and see where that takes me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2701729;
    Interesting, and thank you for the suggestion. She has been having occasional soft food breakfasts for several months. I don't remember her breath being this offensive on her hard food. Once we run out of soft food, I think I'll cut it off and see where that takes me.
    You could help a bit by brushing her teeth. they make those nice fingertip toothbrushes that come with the kitty toothpaste.. Joey gets his brushed 3 times a week and the Dr. cleans his teeth twice a year.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I'm a bit late to this thread, but wanted to add my sympathies for the loss of Bjorn, Newf.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2701355;
    I hope that's the case. I love my little resident squirrel. They are amazing little beasts.
    Attachment 22710Attachment 22711Attachment 22712Attachment 22713Attachment 22714
    MissKitty, you and I are probably a part of a very small, select group . I too love squirrels. I know that they can be a bit of pest in the garden, but it's worth losing a few bulbs and flower heads in exchange for watching them at play. In our last house, we had a sumach tree that was being held upright by a cable attached to a hook in the ground. One day, this truly adorable grey squirrel comes into the yard, jumps up the sumach tree, and then slides down the cable. He then jumps up again, slides down again. He did this for about half an hour before bounding off in search of nuts. How can you hate something so capable of having that much fun?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love watching squirrels play
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    How can you hate something so capable of having that much fun?
    I don't really hate the squirrels, but too many is just too many. They eat all the feed out of my bird feeders and bury what they can't eat, dig up my veggie garden seed, chew on my house, and enlarge the holes on my birdhouses so they can reach in and get the eggs, then take over the houses. Only my bluebird box that is nowhere near any trees and has a guard is safe. So, I know it's natural behavior, but this many squirrels are destructive. I would welcome a visit from roseskid's hawk. Or a bobcat, coyote, or any other predator to thin them out some. Unpopular, but if I were away from other houses squirrel and gravy would be an option. (I prefer to avoid grocery store meat, but I'm not vegetarian) I don't want them all gone, just about six of the 10 or so that hang out here. I know it's caused by humans, but still. I saw an article that said trapped squirrels can find their way home from over seven miles away, plus why dump them on anyone else. I could make my place wildlife-unfriendly, but don't want to. I also have several chipmunks, rabbits, and so forth and do enjoy them, but they don't overpopulate as much as the squirrels..
    I'm just curious, do the colder winters seem to keep the squirrel numbers down at all? Ours can reproduce a couple of litters a year.

Uh-oh, I think they peeped through my window and saw this post...

And they have friends..
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2701820;
    MissKitty, you and I are probably a part of a very small, select group . I too love squirrels. I know that they can be a bit of pest in the garden, but it's worth losing a few bulbs and flower heads in exchange for watching them at play. In our last house, we had a sumach tree that was being held upright by a cable attached to a hook in the ground. One day, this truly adorable grey squirrel comes into the yard, jumps up the sumach tree, and then slides down the cable. He then jumps up again, slides down again. He did this for about half an hour before bounding off in search of nuts. How can you hate something so capable of having that much fun?
    I love squirrels too. But the ones in our yard, know about the dogs and they are pretty darn fast. Bogie and Waldo chase them and then dance under the trees while the squirrels sit up there and chatter at them. Probably calling them names.

Since he found this one after dark when most squirrels are in bed, I'm assuming it was already dead. I know he didn't catch one. He's not that fast or that smart.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've so enjoyed this thread, seeing all the pictures of everyone's pets of the past and present. So I decided to post picture of my sweeties.

This is Lucius, my italian greyhound. He's 11 years old, and has quite a few health problems, so I consider every day he's still with me precious.

And this is Chico, my Heinz 57 mixed breed. I adopted him from the Humane Society 5 years ago, and it's he's been crazy ever since. He's small but highly motivated when it comes to protecting me. I love him to pieces.

I know how much it hurts when a beloved pet passes away, and my sympathy goes out to those who have recently lost a four footed friend.

+ Reply to Thread