+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1380Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I got home this afternoon and while the tree is still intact. Waldo isn't.

He has about a 3/4 of an inch long gash just below his eye. It's fairly smooth and kinda deep, but was not bleeding. I have NO idea how he got it. He doesn't need stitches (my professional opinion). I am thinking that maybe Rosie tagged him. She gets really snitty if he won't leave her alone (maybe now he will). I found no blood anywhere in the house and this had to have bled some.

I cleaned it and put neosporin on it which he was not happy with. It doesn't seem to be bothering him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2700031;

He has about a 3/4 of an inch long gash just below his eye. It's fairly smooth and kinda deep, but was not bleeding. I have NO idea how he got it. He doesn't need stitches (my professional opinion). I am thinking that maybe Rosie tagged him. She gets really snitty if he won't leave her alone (maybe now he will). I found no blood anywhere in the house and this had to have bled some.

I cleaned it and put neosporin on it which he was not happy with. It doesn't seem to be bothering him.
    OOOH! Waldo - What did you doooooo?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2700054;
    OOOH! Waldo - What did you doooooo?
    He probably did what he does best, he irritated her until she probably bit him and he probably shook his head and one of her teeth drug and made the gash. The width of it is about the size of her "pointy" teeth.

He goes up to her and nudges her with his head and nips at her and uses his big nose to try to "flip" her around and she hates it and has snapped at him in the past and growled at him. I'm reasonably sure it was her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2700071;
    He probably did what he does best, he irritated her until she probably bit him and he probably shook his head and one of her teeth drug and made the gash. The width of it is about the size of her "pointy" teeth.

He goes up to her and nudges her with his head and nips at her and uses his big nose to try to "flip" her around and she hates it and has snapped at him in the past and growled at him. I'm reasonably sure it was her.
    Waldo Waldo Waldo -- C'mere -- You got to learn that the QVEEN duss nutt approve uf what you do... VEE are nutt amoosed. Joey used to bug Mona too and that little 9 pounder used to FLATTEN the 17 pounder.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Poor Waldo! Give his boo-boo a healing kiss from me!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Men!!!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2700031;

Poor Waldo. Maybe he learned not to mess with Rosie. But somehow I doubt it.

My Lucky loved the taste of neosporin. When we had her as a kitten she had a hole in her leg from her injuries and the vet told us to put the medicine in it. She would purr happily when we did that and lap it up like it was in a little cup Even a bandage didn't work because she would work at it until she got it off. So we had to put her in baby PJs and just make sure she had an opening to do her business.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2700110;
    Waldo Waldo Waldo -- C'mere -- You got to learn that the QVEEN duss nutt approve uf what you do... VEE are nutt amoosed. Joey used to bug Mona too and that little 9 pounder used to FLATTEN the 17 pounder.
    Don't mess with females, especially cats. Another Lucky story. We got both her and a male kitty, Rocky about at the same time. Lucky's back legs were splinted and weak.

She was on her back and Rocky came up to harass her and was biting at her tummy. So Lucky put both front paws around his chest and ... whap whap whap whap. Twice times she body slammed him from one side to the other over her body.

The final time Rocky shook his head and walked away. He stopped trying to harass her when she was on her back after that. Man, I wish we had a video camera when it happened. They were both only a couple of months old at the most.

In loving memory of my first true love

Bjorn
    May 16, 1998 - November 30, 2007
    Rest in peace old buddy.

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Aww Newf, I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you.

+ Reply to Thread