+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member

Re: For animal lovers

QueenB - your cats are gorgeous.

When my son and DIL found our cat living under their porch (it was in the middle of winter) she brought him inside and fixed him a litter box, and he dove in and used it right away. So, if it were me I would just call the vet's office and ask.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never had a kitty that did not immediately take to the litter box. I'd be very concerned. queen, your pictures of your babies make me want to kiss them on top of their noses! Precious! And, mrd, Miss Thing is too funny in her coat. Work It, Girl!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD: I think you have the right idea about the tree, actually! I would put the non breakable ornaments on the bottom, and use fishing line to attach the tree to the wall somehow. It's not visible, and it sure saves on the mess.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I gave up putting up a tree, with 3 kitty gurls. I discovered that ornaments can be broken, even on thick carpet. I do have a pre-lit tree, though, that looks good from outside the house. I do have other decor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2688258;
    I've never had a kitty that did not immediately take to the litter box. I'd be very concerned. queen, your pictures of your babies make me want to kiss them on top of their noses! Precious! And, mrd, Miss Thing is too funny in her coat. Work It, Girl!!!!

when she has on her coat or sweater, she definetly gets some attitude going.

So far, Waldo has ignored the tree, but its still naked. We have nailed the tree to the wall so many times in the past, that we were already planning on it this year. Last year it fell and landed in my lap and no one was even near it. I was in my chair across the room on the phone when it just keeled over. We have bad tree karma. And I'm putting all the "non-important" ornaments near the bottom this year in case Waldo develops a taste for Christmas ornaments. Anything is possible with him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, I noticed today even Wal Mart has started having a big selection of doggie clothing--even some dresses and such specifially for girls and little blazer things for boys

Well, the mystery of where/if Boo is peeing is solved, but dammit! She finally pooped--on the bedspread in the room where she's staying. When I took it off, the pillow got moved, and there are like 3 p marks. It only was on the covers, not the matress, but still! Why she is (apparently) crawling under a pillow to p is beyond me I reckon i'll stay up till Petsmart opens this AM and get some of that expensive Cat Attract litter to mix with the other till she gets the idea. The 'bed' in that room is just a single size, fold-up job anyway, so I'm going to fold it up so she can't get up there, after I get the new litter. If the little thin mattress on that junky old bed gets ruined before I solve the problem, so be it, I can get an air one. But I was really hoping to let Boo (now BooBoo!) out into the general population, but it can't happen till this issue is resolved.
    Good Lord. (Don't worry, the kitty is not getting harmed, and I'll try to keep the cussing to a minimum.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, glad she's not got health problems, but sorry to hear she's peeing on the bed. We had a cat once that wouldn't use the litterbox, but would go in the ashes in the fireplace and in the potted plants.

I've seen a lot of pet clothes and honestly most are just ridiculuous. But a lot are really cute. Rosie stays cold, so that's why she gets a coat and sweater. Bogie hates clothes and acts so embarrased,so we don't bother. He's not as cold as his mom, Rosie. When we first got Rosie, my daughter was 6 and she would dress Rosie up in doll clothes and hats and push her around in the doll stroller and Rosie loved it. I have some really cute photos of back then. The one of Rosie in the tiara and feather boa is to die for.

Waldo has so much hair and is goofy enough already, that he gets bandanas only. I'd love to find a red adn white striped shirt for him though, because we are always saying "Where's Waldo?"

queenb- Boo & Zip are looking good!

myrosiedog - I've been looking but can't find the purse for Rosie to carry.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2689267;
    queenb- Boo & Zip are looking good!

myrosiedog - I've been looking but can't find the purse for Rosie to carry.
    I know, its hard as it has to be perfect.

It was about 30 here this morning when I got up and she went to the back door, stuck her nose out (the other two exited the house like it was on fire and were tearing around the yard), looked at me, looked out like: Nope, not going out there. I got her coat and she was so excited, she then went out and spent a good time sniffing around the yard. She just wanted to be warm while doing it.

queenb: Boo and Zip are precious! I have no idea why the one is not using her litter box unless it's not in a quiet, private place. I know my kitts don't like activity around their box while they are doing their business. I hope you find something that works!

myrosiedog: I love that photo of Waldo...his eyes are so expressive. I had no idea has was such a handsome boy; I knew he was a silly boy, but those aren't always that handsome
    ---------------

My little squirrel has taken an interest in a blanket I left outside. He's been gnawing and pulling out thick threads and taking them somewhere for his duvet! I'm going to cut out some bunches for him so it's not so difficult. I want him to cozy this winter!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles have had their eyes full watching the literally hundreds of people visit the neighbors across the street visiting the Christmas Home Tour. It's just constant until 9pm at night. I am so tired of hearing car doors slam. And open and slam. And slam and slam.

I am glad that is a successful fundraiser though
    Last edited by misskitty; 11-24-2007 at 05:05 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread