+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

You're right, he breaks my heart with his expressions. I may not be a dog person, but I can't stand the idea of any animal being abused. He deserves everything you all do for him, and I am so sure that he is seriously grateful. You can see it on his face. I would definitely take him in before I'd stand still for anyone mistreating him.

Despite his "tripped out" behaviors, we'd just have to work through it until I found him a great home....nothing that you will ever have to do battle with. I'm sure he's doing the best that he can.

Why is it that dogs can be mans' best friend, but man can be dogs' worst enemy? I just don't get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2687813;
    You're right, he breaks my heart with his expressions. I may not be a dog person, but I can't stand the idea of any animal being abused. He deserves everything you all do for him, and I am so sure that he is seriously grateful. You can see it on his face. I would definitely take him in before I'd stand still for anyone mistreating him.

Despite his "tripped out" behaviors, we'd just have to work through it until I found him a great home....nothing that you will ever have to do battle with. I'm sure he's doing the best that he can.

Why is it that dogs can be mans' best friend, but man can be dogs' worst enemy? I just don't get it.
    Me either. Well said prhoshay.

We've worked through some of his bad behaviors and we put up with others.
    I know we're more patient with him than a lot of other dog people would be.
    But he has a great home now and will always have one with us. I don't care how annoying he can be at times (the nose in the butt thing is still a problem at times and he's taking to licking the bottoms of our feet if they are sticking out of the covers. Always a BIG surprise, especially if you are sleeping).
    He is SO loving, so entertaining and so goofy, that no matter what, he just melts your heart.

We had another "rescued" dog like Waldo several years ago. She had been abused as well and she was truly one of the greatest dogs ever and like Waldo, Annie was loved by everyone that came in contact with her. Except the people that had her before us.

Bogie and Rosie are special too and we love them as much as Waldo and they are just as loving and entertaining. But he has so much personality that it does kind of eclipse them at times. Besides, they are older and not as peppy (not that they are sedate. ). And we've had both of them since puppyhood, so it is a bit different with them.

Waldo is just one of those "once in a lifetime" dogs that will never be forgotten. The big lug is sitting here beside me begging for coffee of all things.

The 3 dogs and I watched the dog show some this afternoon before we ate. They are so funny watching the dogs on tv and going up to the tv and trying t sniff it.

Anyway, if Waldo wasn't already completely in my heart, today sealed it. He will NEVER suffer and if I have to hand fed him every Thanksgiving, I will.

Why is it that dogs will give so much love, yet sometimes their owners don't reciprocate even a 10th of that love and devotion?

I guess today Waldo and all of us are thankful he came to live with us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

-That is pitiful, myrosiedog. I'm glad Waldo has a good home now where he won't get hurt any more, and that you are giving him a chance to work through his issues. I know it takes a while, but have you noticed any improvement since his attitude adjustment surgery?

OK, I have a weird cat question that I can't seem to find the answer to online. The new kitty has not peed or pooed since I got her Monday evening!
    I know she at least drank some water Wednesday, because I saw her do it. She did get sick in the crate when I got her, and I don't think drank or ate anything that night and possibly Tuesday. But Wednesday and today, I have seen her do both. Kitty has been 100% happy since Tuesday, and is showing NO signs of stress at all and even gets very active when it's visiting hours in the Cat Jail. I would have been letting her out into the rest of the house for brief periods the past couple of days, except for the P issue. I want to know when she finally goes. Is it possible she just isn't drinking enough water yet to make her go? I am 99.9 sure she isn't just avoiding the litter box because that room is only about 8x10, and theres nowhere much to hide and go P, nevermind I'd smell it by now, unless it was a tiny, tiny amount. I am 100% sure she hasn't done the other in there either! As long as she seems so happy, I hate to make an emergency vet visit and get her sick in the car again,but will go if things don't change soon. Has anyone else seen a cat stay 'dry' for so long?
    Here's pictures--Boocat is really much cuter, but the flash made her want to close her eyes.

Proof Kitty feels good--she's so happy, she's making air biscuits!

Waiting to be petted--this picture actually looks skinnier than she actually is. The chubby effect is cute, but after anadjustment period, Boo will have to go on a diet, along with Rocky and me too for that matter.

Zip does not need to diet at all, as she is so very active, but I think she looks a ton better than when I got her.

before...so skinny and sad!

Now--looking good!

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

mrd, Waldo is such a cutie. It is really hard to imagine how someone could treat him badly, but I'm glad he now has such a loving home.

queenb, your kitties are cute too. You can really see how much better Zip looks.

I love this thread.
    Last edited by pineapple; 11-23-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2687823;
    Waldo is just one of those "once in a lifetime" dogs that will never be forgotten. The big lug is sitting here beside me begging for coffee of all things.
    MRD ... all my dogs have always gotten Thanksgiving dinner too.

I know what you mean by a once in a lifetime dog. The dog I had before the little one one in my avatar was one of those. She went to Rainbow Bridge at 15 1/2 years old because of a mistake a relief vet made. Our regular vet and a holistic vet I consulted at the end said she looked about 6-7 years old, her health and activity level, eyesight, hearing etc, before the mistake was comparable to a 6-7 year-old. They really thought she'd live to be 20 or more.

Her main claim to fame was she was just the softest dog in the world. I swear ! I remember a tiny girl came up to us and asked if she could touch her, and when she did, she said thhe cutest "Ooooh !". It was like putting your hand on sable or something. She was amazing. Sometimes I feel guilty because I just have to go look at photos of her every once in a while, and sometimes when I touch my little one, I remember and miss her big sister ... the softest dog in the world.

When I figure out how to access her photo in my album and post it ... I'll show you, and the little one is challenging and wants that to read "two in a lifetime dogs".

Your sweet-faced Waldo is, I know, a handful, but how well you and yours have survived and responded to his "tests" of your love and patience ! How very lucky you are to have each other ... and how nice to hear about it on Thanksgiving and to be thankful for all the pets we love and have loved.

Thank you !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2687801;

He has SO much love and is so loving, that I just can't imagine anyone treating him badly, yet the signs are there.

Sending lots of Waldo love

MRD

Queenb, your kitties are beautiful.

I don't know much about cats, so I can't help you with the question, but it doesn't seem normal to me. Can you call the vet and just ask?

MRD

Queenb, about Waldo's attitude adjustment surgery:

Actually we have seen some improvement since he got fixed. He's not lifting his leg in the house now. And he's quit trying to wander off.

He has LOVED the cooler weather and he runs around the outside of the house like its a NASCAR track.

He's calmed down a lot since we got him. He's no longer nervous, he now sleeps through the night. No more pacing.

He's coming along nicely. However in no way is he a greatly behaved dog and probably never will be. But the misbehavior is either not too bad or we're willing to put up with it. I'd love to take him to obedience training, but the car thing is another area where his insecurities REALLY show.

But for us, we can put up with him as he's doing ok now for the most part.

I've been worried about having a Christmas tree. We bought an artificial tree last night and went ahead and put it together. It's not decorated. I don't think he's even noticed it.
    Probably will wait until it's decorated before he notices it and wants to chew something on it.
    Maybe I'll just hang milkbones on the bottom half.

Queen, your cats are beautiful. Zip is looking so much better.

Your dogs look sweet, MRD. Glad Waldo has a good home now. I can't stand it when people hurt animals.

MRD

Rosie loves her sweaters and coats. Here she is in what I call her "ladies go to lunch and play bridge" coat.

She needs a chanel purse to go with it.

+ Reply to Thread