+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 1763 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980818283848586871271775771077 ... LastLast
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Hi Pomeraniac

Good luck tomorrow! I know the little guy will have a wonderful home with you.

Keep us posted.

FORT Fogey
    Hi Again -- so we've set a time to meet for the Pomeranian Pass tomorrow. I'll be meeting the Foster Mom and the new guy at noon tomorrow at the state line.

What I know about him is that he's 2.5 years old and he broke his leg when he was a puppy. He's been at the foster house for about 2 years (!!!) because he broke his leg almost immediately after landing there. He had to heal his leg and that took time. Then, after his leg healed, he became one of the more shy dogs in the house, so whenever people went there to adopt from the foster mother, this little guy hung back and wasn't noticed by people.

He's been "flying under the radar" (in true reality TV contestant style) and therefore he hasn't been one of the dogs over which the potential adopters clamor.

So tomorrow, I'm told, is the little guy's chance to shine -- he's been hand picked for me and he is only 2.5 years old, so he's healthy and playful and energetic. I'm told he weighs only about 6 lb. (that's less than half my av's weight) and that he does lots of cute tricks, which I'm sure will make me smile. I need that.

I'm very excited about this on one hand, 'cause I do think he'll add a quite bit of life to the apartment environment. My other dog is 11 so she will be happy to have a little blast of energy around, like I will.

But we miss our little brown geezer a lot, still, so it's a bittersweet thing to be bringing this little young little hottie into our mix.

I'll keep you posted after I get him tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Hi Again -- so we've set a time to meet for the Pomeranian Pass tomorrow. I'll be meeting the Foster Mom and the new guy at noon tomorrow at the state line.

What I know about him is that he's 2.5 years old and he broke his leg when he was a puppy. He's been at the foster house for about 2 years (!!!) because he broke his leg almost immediately after landing there. He had to heal his leg and that took time. Then, after his leg healed, he became one of the more shy dogs in the house, so whenever people went there to adopt from the foster mother, this little guy hung back and wasn't noticed by people.

He's been "flying under the radar" (in true reality TV contestant style) and therefore he hasn't been one of the dogs over which the potential adopters clamor.

So tomorrow, I'm told, is the little guy's chance to shine -- he's been hand picked for me and he is only 2.5 years old, so he's healthy and playful and energetic. I'm told he weighs only about 6 lb. (that's less than half my av's weight) and that he does lots of cute tricks, which I'm sure will make me smile. I need that.

I'm very excited about this on one hand, 'cause I do think he'll add a quite bit of life to the apartment environment. My other dog is 11 so she will be happy to have a little blast of energy around, like I will.

But we miss our little brown geezer a lot, still, so it's a bittersweet thing to be bringing this little young little hottie into our mix.

I'll keep you posted after I get him tomorrow. Thanks for listening.
    Congrats Pom!!! I can't wait to hear all about Tuxedo. Post a few pictures also. Have a safe trip.

toothdoc

Pom, I'm so happy for you and Tuxedo (did you decide on that name?)!!

I just know this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Pom, I'm so happy for you and Tuxedo (did you decide on that name?)!!

I just know this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    Thanks Catt, ToothDoc, oneTVslave, and all the rest of you nice people who've helped me so much this past week!

Yup, I'm going to name him Tuxedo!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hey Pom, good luck with the new Tux, hope its a great fit......thanks for taking a foster in. still got one at my house and I'm afraid she is getting very cozy there. but may have a family ready to take her, gonna miss her when she goes though.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks, joeguy! That's great that you've got a foster at your house and I'm so thankful that people like you - people who are willing to provide for those animals temporarily and then pass them along to their permanent homes - exist.

I don't know how you can let go of them ('cause I probably couldn't) but I'm sure glad that you do!!!

(What breed is your foster girl?)

Hey, I have a question, rather than a picture.
    My mother recently adopted an older kitten from a no-kill shelter. She thinks the cat -- Minnie -- is about four months old. Well, Minnie does not appear to be litter-box trained. She's going wherever she feels like it -- in one instance that particularly infuriated my mother, she went right *beside* the litter box. They had litter boxes at the shelter, but it was pretty short on money and the shelter basically consists of 30-some cats living together in a trailer. In other words, I don't know that the litter boxes there were used, and I guess Minnie was not litter-trained when she arrived there.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on how to break an older kitten of her habits and train her to use the litter box?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

That's odd. Cats typically don't need to be trained to use a litter box; they do it naturally. My boyfriend's older cat has started pooping outside the litter box. We can't determine if it's a protest against Paul being gone so much or if the cat no longer wants to share with the other cat. Does your mom have another cat?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Yeah, she does have another one. He's an adult, and while he came from the same shelter, he's been with mom since maybe January or February. She says the two cats get along fine.
    I'm wondering if the younger cat just is confused by actual litter -- at the shelter they just used shredded newspaper in the litter box (bad idea -- smelly).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread