+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2668189;
    now I'm blushing but only because I had to go look up sartorial.
    Thanks Newf, you learn something new everyday. (yeah, I'm actually a LOT dumber than I look. It must be the hair dye I'm using, after all it is the same color as Waldo's hair)

Gabriel, Santa must not be keeping up with his naughty list this year either that or he doesn't know me very well. Still I'm glad he remembered me at all.

Allie, so sorry to hear about your kitty. My heart goes out to all of you.
    Santa knows you must be good putting up with Waldo the wonderdog. You know you're wondering what he'll do next. ho ho and ho

MRD

The Great Mystery of the Nun's Cat

When we moved here last year, there was a retired (former? can you retire from being a nun? Are you still a Nun. Just inactive? help me, I really don't know) nun that lived a few houses from us and she had a semi-ferral cat. She died just before Thanksgiving (the nun, not the cat) and the cat was seen roaming around the neighborhood. Then I saw it hopping on 3 legs and knew it was injured, but you could NOT get close to it. Then it disappeared, only to reappear about 2 months later. This has now gone on for a year. I did find out that the house at the end of our cul-de-sac had also been feeding the cat for years and knew nothing about the nun taking care of it. They said the cat comes and goes and she's tried to catch it, particularly when it was hurt and couldn't.
    Well the cat just turned up again after about 2 months of not seeing it.
    I am DYING to find out where this cat goes. We know of 2 houses that were feeding it and now I'm guessing that there is at LEAST a 3rd.

And when it does come around, it enjoys tormenting my dogs. It parades up and down in front of my house while they all bark and salivate and just generally make a great nuisance of themselves and you can tell the cat is saying: dumb, dumb dogs while it saunters slowly around in front of them knowing they are safely inside looking out.

I just want to know where it goes and why its gone for roughly 2 months at a time. Weird.

Gabriel, THAT has to be it. Santa knows what Waldo the Wonderdog is putting me through.

I posted earlier about Rosie and my daughter's pet mouse. Waldo has no earthly clue that there is even a mouse in the house. He walks right by the cage and never even glances at it. And for his own reasons known ONLY to him, he decided to bite my hair while I was lying down earlier.
    Man, you got to love pets, they just always give you so much entertainment whether you needed it or not.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2667988;
    The vet had previously given us a large syringe (minus needle) for some other medication, so we used that and just basically shot it down his throat.
    It works INSTANTLY. So beware. Adminster and GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!

Gabriel, Bogie's too short too know about drinking out of the toilet (thank goodness), Waldo on the other hand is big enough, but he's (fortunately) not interested. Bogie misses out on a lot because he's vertically challenged. Waldo's just challenged, but we still love him. And Rosie is too much of a lady for toilet water (that kind anyway. ) Besides, she's too picky.

My daughter now has a small pet mouse. She's really cute and Rosie sits on the floor in front of the cage (which is up on a table) and stares at it like it's her own private television. Her concentration is unmatched in watching the mouse. And you can almost hear what she's thinking: "if I were only tall enough, there'd be mouse for dinner".
    I just have this little voice in my head now of Rosie thinking this and I am cracking up.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Unk: You know how the boys insisted on curling up on your lap while you were on the computer? Well, Lil' Bit has upped the ante a bit. I am creating this post with one hand. Here's why...

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh Uncle David...how sweet is that??!!! And how talented you are to take the pics, type AND hold Lil Bit.... to you!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Aww, too cute. They've grown up and don't spend that cuddling time any longer. Laurel will first thing in the morning, but that's the only time.

Uncle David - thats just cute.

MRD

Uncle David, those pictures are adorable. Lil Bit is so cute. And you are very talented as a one hander.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2668640;
    I just have this little voice in my head now of Rosie thinking this and I am cracking up.
    Mmm, Mouse. It's what's for dinner!!! (think of those old Beef commercials)
    Last edited by MRD; 11-15-2007 at 07:46 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Uncle Dave, L'il Bit just tugs at my heartstrings and turns me to mush, a lot like nephew, Theodore. Good picture taking!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How cute is he, Uncledavid? I love cuddly kitties.

+ Reply to Thread