+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2658558;
    My current favourite is icanhascheezburger.com. I'm not sure why the combo of cat picture/silly caption breaks my bouts of depression, but they do.
    My daughter and I love that site. I have a screen saver from there right now.

Glad Simon's home and ok and he and Henry have been reunited
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A Cat's Top 10 Thoughts
    -----------------------------------------

1. I could have sworn I heard a can opener.

2. Is there something I'm not getting when humans make noise with their mouths?

3. Why doesn't the government do something about dogs?

4. I wonder if Morris really liked 9-lives, or did he have ulterior motives?

5. Hmmmm ... If dogs serve humans, and humans serve cats, why can't we ever get those stupid dogs to do anything for us?

6. This looks like a good spot for a nap.

7. Hey - no kidding, I'm sure that's the can opener.

8. Would humans have built a vast and complex civilisation of their own if we cats hadn't given them a reason to invent sofas and can openers in the first place?

9. If there's a God, how can He allow neutering?

10. If that really was the can opener, I'll play finicky just to let them know who's boss!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Cute -- I am going copy that one.

How to Photograph A Puppy
    -----------------------------------------

- Remove film from box and load camera.

- Remove film box from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.

- Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from muzzle.

- Choose suitable background for photo.

- Mount camera on tripod and focus.

- Find puppy and take dirty sock out of the mouth.

- Place puppy in prefocused spot and return to camera.

- Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.

- Focus with one hand and fend off puppy with the other hand.

- Get tissue and clean nose print from lens.

- Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on puppy's nose.

- Put magazines back on coffee table.

- Try to get puppy's attention by squeaking toy over your head.

- Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.

- Jump up in time to grab puppy by the scruff of the neck and say "No..outside!"

- Call someone to help clean up the mess.

- Sit back in chair for deep breathing and resolve to teach puppy "sit" and "stay" first thing next morning.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Doxie - I'm SO glad to hear that Simon is better and at home where he belongs!

Thank you all again for your thoughts about Simon. He's back to his so-called "normal" self.

I thought I'd pass along a tip from our vet for those of you who have older pets or pets that might get chilly during the winter. Over the years, we've bought Simon several different types of "bed warmers" for dogs and he has hated all of them and refused to get in his bed. Our vet said that they use small cloth bags full of rice. The bags can be microwaved and then put in the pet's bed and they stay warm for hours. He said that a lot of his patients just use a long sock and fill it with rice and tie a knot in it. We're going to try this. We'll either have a happy dog or a ton of rice to clean up! Thanks again!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

D.Bo found a football in our yard and this is the result. The kid came over a few days later and I gave him $20 for a new football. "My dog ate it!" He's something else!! Oh and during training on Sunday, we FINALLY got him to "shake" or "give paw". I was so proud!

doxie -
    thats a nice tip, but since Joey uses me as a bedwarmer, Don't think I'll need it soon.. By the way - Is there rice all over yet?

PGM35 -oooh looks like he pulverized that thing.

MRD

He looks very proud of his new toy.

I packed up some books recentlly and they are sitting behind me while I type this. They have not made it to storage. I just heard a ripping sound and Waldo has torn a huge strip off the side of one of the boxes. I was sitting RIGHT HERE!!!!

Doxie, glad all is well at your house and for your sake, I hope you don't have to clean up a lot of rice. I can just picture it though.
    Rosie adores our heated mattress pad and also the heating pad. Since I use the heating pad myself a lot, I find her laying on it even when its not turned on. She knows that it does get warmer and I guess lays on it and hopes I'll turn it on. I swear I'm going to buy her one for Christmas so I don't have to share mine. We always put it on for her after she's had a bath and she curls up on it until she's fully dry.

Well, I must have the smartest dumb dogs on the planet. They've learned to spell.

a long time ago we learned you couldn't say the world "treat" without causing major upheaval, body wagging, whining and just general mayhem, so we started spelling it. Well, Bogie has figured out that T-R-E-A-T spells treat and he runs to the treat jar and carries on like he's starving.

Last night I asked my husband when the last time he let the dogs O-U-T and they all ran to the back door. So I guess they can spell that one now too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh yeah - same with Max the cat, Mom & Dads - you spell has M A X been O U T today? and he starts meowing all over the place, I swear I never heard a cat with such a loud voice who talked so much. Missy the Bassett is pretty deaf at her old age (12) but we could never say RIDE, OUT or ERRAND or spell them, she would AROOOOO and head for the door.

+ Reply to Thread