+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

You and me both! The last time I was at the vet, some people brought in a small boxer with a deformed fore-leg; he had fallen down some steps in the home. The dog was tolerating the injury well (looked like a dislocation to this doctor!), considering how ugly it looked. It brought back to me every bad thing that I had been through with my babies. The owners were nicely calm, and not crazy. I learned a lot by listening to what the people were being told. There was a $50 after hours fee, and the clinic wanted a $200-250 deposit before they would agree to take the patient; I don't think these people had ever used this clinic before. I know that business is business, but I think that the doc could at least have looked at the dog before going the hard-nosed approach. I think the people were going to have a hard time coming up with the deposit money that day (Sunday), and had offered to bring the cash back on Monday. The only thing that made it not as offensive was that the dog was not exhibiting any pain reaction. The people did decide to stay there, so I guess they were able to manage. And This Was My Favorite, Regular Vets Office!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2656549;
    Do they have any idea of what happened to Simon? Did he eat something that caused the reaction? I would have been at my wit's end if one of the girls had started throwing up blood.
    The ER vet last night asked the same question. I do not think he ate anything to cause this. He was asleep for almost the entire day before this event. He went outside about three times but he does that every day and there is nothing out there that could harm him. The X-rays showed nothing in his stomach.

Our vet called about an hour ago and they said that Simon could come home tonight, so that is good news! I just hope to NEVER have to go back to the Animal ER again.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Uncledavid, I love those pics of Lil' Bit and Greta curled up together.

Doxie, glad to hear Simon can come home. How scary for you.

Uncle David your kittens are terrific. I'm glad to see Lil' Bit fitting right in.
    Doxie that's great that Simon came through okay.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2656148;
    mrd, there is just something about guys (2-legged or 4 legged) and sticks. YOU are not supposed to get such an attachment to a stick. Wrong sex! I don't get it either, but I watched my son go through the same thing....and I've watched older men do it, too. I'll bet your husband understands.

You are so right. Hubby totally understands Waldo and his stick. Me, nah, not so much. The neighbor boys are ALWAYS playing with sticks too. I guess it is a guy thing.

Doxie, I hope Simon's going to be ok. I know how scary that is as Bogie had massive bleeding from the behind a few years ago. The vet never did figure out what was wrong and within 24 hours he was fine.
    I hope Simon is fine and Henry stops missing him.
    I
    Last edited by MRD; 11-08-2007 at 06:07 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Update - Simon is still at the vet. They wanted to finish his IV and keep him under observation until tomorrow. He did eat today and he kept that down but they are still worried because his temperature is below normal.

Thank you all for your well wishes!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie, I haven't been here last few days. I hope Simon will be well and home soon. I know how how you must miss him.

UncleDavid: This one is great! So cute. I loved seeing all the pics but this one made me laugh.

Here's a couple of favorites from Monday. He's getting more photogenic the longer I've had him. Either that or he just keeps getting happier every day.

Last edited by agamergirl; 11-09-2007 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Add more
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2656469;
    Our Simon (fourteen year old Jack Russell Terrier) had to be rushed to the Emergency Animal Clinic last night. He was throwing up blood and also bleeding from his mouth. We spent most of the night there with him and he got a LOT better after they gave him an IV. He had blood tests and x-rays and those came back normal..../
    doxie: I'm so sorry to hear that Simon was so very sick! Taking one's 4 legged baby to any Emergency Clinic is SCARY! I'm glad he's better and home with you and Henry. I hope your vet can figure out what may have caused this so it doesn't happen again. Poor Henry too, wondering what happened to his buddy Simon. He sounds like a very sensitive lil guy. Be well and know that my thoughts are with you all for a steady recovery.

agamergirl: What a Happy dog! Love the one with the pine cone..he looks like he's just in heaven!
    -----------------

I'm not sure what to think about this: ""The U.S. government declares ferret poop to be an effective weapon against drug abuse," the group said in a statement." They also approve kitty litter. This may save some fish.

Read more: The poop on where to hide your old pills | Oddly Enough | Reuters
    Last edited by misskitty; 11-09-2007 at 03:52 AM. Reason: to copy the link
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Doxie - Temperature below normal, hmm I hope they find out why.

myrosiedog- Waldo the baton major? Too hysterical.

agamergirl- I love those happy dog pictures.

Doxie-- i'm glad Simon will be ok. The bleeding episode would have scared me to death.

Uncle David, I've been wondering where you've been. I'm sad the kitty didn't work out for your Mom, but happy she seems to be fitting right in with your crew! Great pics by the way; I agree the boxing one is ysterical1
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread