+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2655912;
    Waldo has found a stick in the yard and its his new play toy. With the weather cooler, he goes out and picks up his stick and tosses it in the air and rolls over to catch it. I'm thinking he may be a reincarnated baton twirler.

Anyway, as soon as he goes out, he gets his stick and runs around with it happy as if he'd won the lottery. I guess he has. The stick lottery. Wish I could be as happy with a stick as he is.
    mrd, there is just something about guys (2-legged or 4 legged) and sticks. YOU are not supposed to get such an attachment to a stick. Wrong sex! I don't get it either, but I watched my son go through the same thing....and I've watched older men do it, too. I'll bet your husband understands.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Uncle David, what delicious pictures!! Sorry to hear that baby kitty did not work out for your mother, but I'm not surprised. Taking on a kitten is more than just a notion! My last kitten was about 4 months old when I got her, she's 2 1/2 today, and she is still a nutty handful! Sometimes I find myself wondering what I was thinking getting a kitty this young....I'm sure "the gurls" are still wondering the same thing! She gets a lot of bewildered stares/the evil eyes from the other two when she rips past them on one of her tears! Then they look away, and you can almost see them shaking their little heads and audibly sighing. My babies.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-08-2007 at 11:58 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!

I am catching up on people's pictures and stories and then I'll post some updates, too.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone for making this my favorite thread on the Internet!!!!

Uncle David, if I was allowed to chose the post of the week, you'd surely get it. Those photos are wonderful!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Really terrific pictures Uncle David! I love how they are sleeping curled up together!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2656291;
    Uncle David, if I was allowed to chose the post of the week, you'd surely get it. Those photos are wonderful!
    My favorite (difficult to make that decision) is the one with Lil' Bit hanging half out of the cat bed. I think schmoo2 was right on the mark with the comment about Greta's 'Mona' look.

If you'll remember back a number of months ago I hung a bird feeder outside the office window to keep Greta entertained as she sat on top of the office desk. I tried to put a bed up there for her to sleep in but she eschewed it. Well, when Lil' Bit showed a fascination with the (now hummingbird) feeder I tossed her little kitten bed up there. Greta and Lil' Bit slept together in that tiny bed for almost three hours. I have pictures of them in various contortions, but Lil' Bit refusing to leave the bed entirely had me laughing out loud.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David! I missed you and your kitts!

Meowza! That Lil'Bit is the cutest white bundle of fur! It's unfortunate she didn't work out with your Mom, but I'm so very glad you have taken her under your Paws and she is making herself at home! I just love white kittens! They are all soooo adorable snoozing together and all sitting on your couch! Fabuous photos! More....we want more!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The Hawk pictures and the pics of Miss Lil' Bit are wonderful. I always enjoy checking out everyone's pet photos.

Our Simon (fourteen year old Jack Russell Terrier) had to be rushed to the Emergency Animal Clinic last night. He was throwing up blood and also bleeding from his mouth. We spent most of the night there with him and he got a LOT better after they gave him an IV. He had blood tests and x-rays and those came back normal. He spent the night there and we got home around 2 this morning. We had to go back to the ER by 7 to pick Simon up and take him to our regular vet. He's still there, but the vet thinks that we will be able to bring him home tonight or tomorrow. Scary! Poor Henry is waddling around the house looking for Simon (he generally waddles around looking for places to hide from Simon).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I hope Simon is feeling better. How scary was that!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Do they have any idea of what happened to Simon? Did he eat something that caused the reaction? I would have been at my wit's end if one of the girls had started throwing up blood.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread