+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

That's funny, Punkin!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

bbnbama: What a great photo of Izzy! How cute!

gabriel: It's always nice to see Mona in her sunshine spot. And now to see Joey so comfortable on her blankey next to her ashes..., bring a tear to my eyes.

Unk: Blankened tilapia? Yum. So, you got a little orange tornado action going on there with your little boys

Rattus: I's sorry to hear that Harv was upset. I guess Finlay just loves to be fed!

roseskid: I hope your red-tailed hawk returns and you can get some good photos!

myrosiedog: I can't imagine what Waldo would do if he had a snowbank to play in!

punkin: I saw that video too and sent it to everyone! It's priceless. That's Mr. Tootles waking me up in bed for sure...(except picture a girl in the bed).
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Someone sent me that video the other day punkin!!! I love it..and its so true!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Found this somewhere else and thought it was so sweet!

Letter to God
    Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
    Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday
    and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy
    that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
    I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and
    to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her
    You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
    Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office.

A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter
    Yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
    Abbey arrived safely in heaven.
    Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.
    Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays
    In your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our
    bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in,
    so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and
    have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for
    helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother
    you have. I picked her especially for you.
    I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
    By the way, I am wherever there is love.
    Love, God

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh I got that in an email last week...I sat at my work desk and sobbed.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This has to be one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

PGM, that's a lovely post - thanks for sharing with us.

Punkin, your cartoon is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2653037;
    roseskid: I hope your red-tailed hawk returns and you can get some good photos!
    So here's the thing. I'm in the kitchen this morning when I hear a thump in the dining room. I investigate and see an obviously injured mourning dove laying on the patio about two feet from the sliding glass door. I assume he flew into the door and prepare to open the door to see if there's anything I can do for him. Just as I begin to open it, I suddenly see The Hawk sitting about three feet from him. I quickly grabbed my camera and began snapping. The pictures are taken through my windows so the quality isn't all that great, but I'm still thrilled. I watched him move about our yard, keeping his eye on his prey. He got so comfortable at one point he even tucked a foot up into his feathers, resting on one foot. I watched for about an hour, then had to get back to the business at hand, and when I looked again about an hour later, the dove and hawk were gone. I think he's going to be a regular customer from now on.

Here he's sitting on a glider we have in the backyard (I've brought the cusions in for the winter) which is about five feet from my back door.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Those picture are absolutely AWESOME, roses! I would have been so stunned to see that up close that I wouldn't have been able to even move. Thanks for posting them. Wow!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amazing pictures of the red tail hawk! The closest I've seen them, in nature, is when one wase being chased by about 1000 crows, through the trees. It was fascinating.

And, speaking of mourning doves, I haven't seen any of my usual collection of doves in forever. They usually nest on my downspout in the Spring, but I haven't seen them this year. It was super-hot this Summer, and I didn't see any then, nor have I seen any this Fall. I miss them, especially the coo-ing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is cool roses. We have a red tail hawk that hangs around the restaurant. Every now and then we see him swoop down in the vacant lot across the street. He's probably getting the field mice. He's been around for at least 3 years now that I'm aware of.

+ Reply to Thread