+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #7541
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Well - all through life there are milestones. As you know, in January of this year Ms. Mona was laid to rest, and since then there have been good days and bad with me & Joey. Some of the things that Joey would not do was to eat on the table that he always ate on, but used the one Mona used. He would not lay in Monas chair, he would not set foot on Monas blanket, that you see her laying on last year in 2006. Milestones come with Joey now eating back on his table, he now sleeps in her chair regularly. ( I guess it's his chair now) and the best one so far as evidenced by the second picture is he is now sleeping on her blanket which I had removed from the window table and put on a bookcase with her urn just a few feet away in the same sunny spot. These little creatures never cease to amaze me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #7542
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271

    Re: For animal lovers

    Bbnbama, that has got to be one of the funniest pictures in here, and I'm surprised to hear Izzy didn't give you a nip or two.

    From humor to heartwarming - Gabriel, your little Mona story and Joey's picture all sweet and content looking on her blanket makes me misty. Thanks for sharing.

    I was making dinner yesterday just as the sun began to set when I suddenly noticed our red-tailed hawk was back, this time actually sitting about six feet from my back door. I got so excited, I shouted for Mr. Rose to bring my camera and I began to sneak out the back door just as I've done previously. Suddenly to my surprise, another hawk took off about two feet from me (he/she was sitting right under my kitchen window on the ground ) and the two of them took off for the natural surroundings that abut our backyard. I've been hoping all day they'd come back, but no such luck. But I'll keep holding out hope that they'll be back soon, and you can bet I'll be ready with my camera.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  3. #7543
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    *trying to imagine roseskid standing in the kitchen holding the camera -muttering come on back come on back*

  4. #7544
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Gabriel,
    I'm glad Joey has decided to start doing the things he stopped doing when Mona passed. I think animals can teach us all so much about healing.

    Miss Kitty, To my knowledge Waldo has never seen snow, so I don't know how he'll react to it. Bogie loves it. Rosie hates it. Waldo is very frisky in the coller weather, so I'm thinking he may indeed like snow if we get any this year.


    Well, one of the little dogs is allergic to clean carpets. It happens every freaking time we shampoo the rugs. We know this is not Waldo as its been going on for years and the piles were too small to be him. But it seems that one of them must throwup on the newly shampooed carpets almost immediately after they are finished. I don't know why, but we never get to enjoy totally clean carpets for long.

    I woke up this morning to one of my bedroom slippers being slightly moist. Not thrown up in, but drooled on. Yuck. That is not a feeling you want to experience about 30 seconds after your eyes have cracked open. I do blame Waldo on this one.

    We bought chewy bones and gave them to all three dogs yesterday before going out for a while. We got back and only Rosie had any left and was guarding it like Ft. Knox. Well at some point she has to get up and when they all went outside, she had to abandon it. When they came back in, Bogie got to it first and picked it up, but less than 2 min. later, Waldo had it with Bogie glaring at him. It has changed hands so many times since then, it looks like the baton in a relay race at the Olympics.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #7545
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2648658;
    Gabriel,
    I'm glad Joey has decided to start doing the things he stopped doing when Mona passed. I think animals can teach us all so much about healing.

    Miss Kitty, To my knowledge Waldo has never seen snow, so I don't know how he'll react to it. Bogie loves it. Rosie hates it. Waldo is very frisky in the coller weather, so I'm thinking he may indeed like snow if we get any this year.


    Well, one of the little dogs is allergic to clean carpets. It happens every freaking time we shampoo the rugs. We know this is not Waldo as its been going on for years and the piles were too small to be him. But it seems that one of them must throwup on the newly shampooed carpets almost immediately after they are finished. I don't know why, but we never get to enjoy totally clean carpets for long.

    I woke up this morning to one of my bedroom slippers being slightly moist. Not thrown up in, but drooled on. Yuck. That is not a feeling you want to experience about 30 seconds after your eyes have cracked open. I do blame Waldo on this one.

    We bought chewy bones and gave them to all three dogs yesterday before going out for a while. We got back and only Rosie had any left and was guarding it like Ft. Knox. Well at some point she has to get up and when they all went outside, she had to abandon it. When they came back in, Bogie got to it first and picked it up, but less than 2 min. later, Waldo had it with Bogie glaring at him. It has changed hands so many times since then, it looks like the baton in a relay race at the Olympics.
    Silly human, clean floors are for ACKING on. You need more chewy bones

  6. #7546
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: For animal lovers

    I made blackened tilapia for dinner tonight. I forgot that it sets off my smoke alarms. I haven't seen the boys now for about 45 minutes. The last I saw of them was as they headed up the stairs about 100 m.p.h.

  7. #7547
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2649790;
    I made blackened tilapia for dinner tonight. I forgot that it sets off my smoke alarms. I haven't seen the boys now for about 45 minutes. The last I saw of them was as they headed up the stairs about 100 m.p.h.
    Ok UNK I can picture that -- they look at each other like What the...? ZOOOM!

  8. #7548
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2649712;
    Silly human, clean floors are for ACKING on. You need more chewy bones
    I should know better because nothing stays clean here for long between the dogs and the humans.

    Yep, we need a LOT more chewy bones as both Bogie and Waldo can go through them like a warm knife through butter.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #7549
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2649790;
    I made blackened tilapia for dinner tonight. I forgot that it sets off my smoke alarms. I haven't seen the boys now for about 45 minutes. The last I saw of them was as they headed up the stairs about 100 m.p.h.
    Similar sort of situation with the Harv yesterday. I brought my bike into the den (one of our back doors opens off it) to work on because it was a little too chilly and damp to work outside. I had to use the Dremel to cut off some rusty bolts, which had Harv (who had been deeply involved in his daily 16 hour nap) up like a shot with his eyes bulging in sheer terror. He races past me and the demon tool down to the end of the house, where I find him an hour or so later, still panicking. Poor silly bugger - he gets so upset by any noise, unfamiliar movement, or appearance of boxes in the house. Strange humans, however, he's all over, flirting for affection. Not much of a watchcat, but I love him anyway.

    Finley, on the other hand, just sat there staring at me, occasionally licking his belly and whining for food (which of course he got, because I love him too ).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  10. #7550
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,827

    Re: For animal lovers

    This could be our fat cat, Samantha, who wakes up my husband every morning........

    Yahoo!



+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.