+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I guess I'm lucky my dog doesn't get into anything. He is such a fussy eater - he only eats Pupperonis and meat scraps from my plate. We had two animal deaths this week. My hedgehog, Henri *moment of silence* and one of the 3 kittens born 2 days ago. It was deformed and passed while I was trying to decide what to do about it. Henri is notorious in my school for the time he escaped into the heating ducts when I brought him in to show my class. The custodian said he could be anywhere in the building, but I left a box with food and water and a smaller box to hide in with ripped up tissues, cut a hole in the bigger box and left it by the heater. An hour after the building emptied he came back. The other thing notable about Henri is that he only understood French because that's all we ever spoke to him. Au revoir, Henri.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - What a sad day. That little kitten is now at the rainbow Bridge with a perfectly healthy body and soul. Henri is also there teaching the other critters french and how to escape for a mini vacation. Au revoir, Henri!
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Gut, I remember how we all oohed and ahhed when you posted pictures of Henri here at the FORT...he was so adorable and it made me want one! I'm sorry to hear of his passing.......

I agree with gabriel...baby kitty is now at Rainbow Bridge..healthy and happy!

to you during this time!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Gutmutter: I'm so sorry to heard about the passing of both your beloved Henri and the little kitty just wasn't strong enough to stay with us.

They will be together at Rainbow Bridge with all of our wonderful furry friends.
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-28-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry to double-post: Saw this in People Magazine. I wish humans could get along as well as these two! (click and see larger!)

Attachment 22448

After being abandoned by his mother, a 12 week old macaque monkey was rescued from Neilingding Island, off the coast of China. When the starving creature was brought to an animal hospital, a fellow patient - a white piegon- took the orphaned monkey under her wing. They recuperated together and are now inseparable!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Gutmutter,

I'm so sorry to hear about Henri and the kitten. My thoughts are with you.

8 years ago, when Rosie had puppies, we lost one that was born malformed and it was so sad.

-------------------
    Yes, all Waldo has a spotted tongue. It's not that way from chewing up printed matter and getting ink on it. The vet says its because he's part chow. They usually have black tongues, so he got a part Chow tongue and a part Golden Retriever tongue. His skin is solid black when you can see it under all that fur.

Bogie has never liked clothes, so I was surprised he let me put the bandana on him, but he liked it after I got it on him. Rosie loves her sweaters and well Waldo, probably wouldn't mind clothes, but he comes with his own thick fur coat so really doesn't need one.

That's so funny about that Henry is waiting for you to light him a fire.

We've had dogs that will snatch food away. Our beloved Annie loved when my parents would throw parties as she would follow the children around. I have one vivid memory of her following a friends 2 year old son around. He had a rib and she walked behind him licking the rib and then he would take a bite and then she would lick it.

Rosie is bad about anything that gets left on the end table between the sofa and the chair. I've caught her eating stuff or licking plates or drinking out of cups that get left there. And just like a cat, she nonchalantly walks off like she's done nothing wrong whatsoever, oblivious to any scolding. What can I say, she is a Diva.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Take your vet outside and shoot him. Black on the tongue is not proof that the dog has chow in its genetic makeup; it is a bit of animal lore that needs to be euthanized. My Gustav has black tongue spots; so do a number of other Newfs, including one of my best buddies who was ranked among the top 5 Newfs in the nation last year. There is no doubt about their pedigrees, and there is no Chow to be found.

About 7 or 8 years ago, someone dumped 3 puppies near my house . I wasn't about to keep them, so I took them to the Humane Society. At intake, they briefly examined each one. On the first two, they recorded the breed as "Lab cross." The third puppy, identical to his littermates, was marked down as "Chow cross" based on black tongue spots.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, your pictures are adorable!

Gut, my condolences.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Thanks for the info Newf. We think his spots are funny. Rosie and Bogie have black skin spots under their white fur. Well there is no doubt Waldo is part Chow even if the tongue thing is a myth. He looks too much like Chow.

Here's another picture of him from yesterday. He is such a goofball.

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

If you could get that same picture but with the red eyes that are so common in animal photography, that would be one scary disembodied head!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread