+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Husband and I put collars on our cats they have release tags on them, so if the get caught on something it just releases automaticaly.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I've heard that cats choose their owner, so itsounds to me like you've got a new pet.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

The collars I put on my cats are supposed to be the release kind too but in my experiences they have never released. I have tried different brands and they have never worked. Tosco is very small so maybe she just isn't strong enough to release them.

prhoshay, It's funny you say that about a butterfly net because when I was trying to catch Tosco I had her cornered in the garage and I briefly thought about using the fishing net.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2631690;
    prhoshay, It's funny you say that about a butterfly net because when I was trying to catch Tosco I had her cornered in the garage and I briefly thought about using the fishing net.
    Actually they use nets on all the Animal Cop shows when they are trying to catch cats. They say that it does less harm, so why not.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

My kitties have always worn collars with vet tags and licenses. And they usually have a harness on as well whenever they go outside.

queenb: gabriel is correct! Here are my kitts in their winter sweaters taken in the spring!

His Highness Mr. Tootles

Princess Gracie
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I don't even know what to say about that...

I don't have collars on either of my cats as Idon't let them out and am careful not to let them get by me if they should try (though they never do.) I've got to get Zip used to one though. Some of you may remember, when I got Zip i had promised L. he could take her for his niece (who lives with him), if she turned out to be the right kind of kitty. Well, she has proven to be qualified, so she's getting a pinK rhinestone collar, pink kitty bed, and all the pink kitty toys we can find, and will be going there at Christmas. I'll be sad, but I promised, and I'll get to see her whenever I go over there. It kind of solves one eensy problem anyway. She and Rocky get along great, but she gets a little too carried away playing and bites him on the head and neck hard enough to draw blood and make him yell sometimes, and about half the time he has little bites that have to have neosporin.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have never seen a cat in a sweater before and now I've seen two ! That is just too funny.

Seeing that and reading some of the behavior issues leads me to say that the title of this thread is absolutely spot on ... animal LOVERS to be sure !

As for the chewing ... I had a Beagle who ate anything. Aluminum foil in which food had been wrapped ( stolen from the kitchen garbage ) was a favorite, and she once tried to swallow a hard bagel ... whole. She made me frantic, because I had an acquaintance who's dog ate the remnants of a roast tied with string from the garbage and the outcome was fatal.
    When coming in through the kitchen door, she would run to the trash can, tip it over and be in there shopping before I could close the door behind me ! Eating was her greatest pleasure ... but I guess that aggressive eating is typical Beagle behavior.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We had the trashcan problem with Buddy when we first got him about 1-1/2 years ago. He got into the trash and licked some foil clean but drug it around the living first so we had greasy ribs residue all over the place. He didn't eat the foil though so that was a good thing! The problem is that our trash can is one that you have to step on the handle at the bottom to get the lid to come up. Buddy, being the smart doggie that he is, figured out that if he stepped on that and got his head under the lid before it closed, he could get whatever he wanted if it was full, and knock it over if it wasn't. So we bought one of those adhesive snaps (like for kidproofing toilet lids) and that worked for a while but it was plastic and when he wanted to get into it badly enough, he ripped that off of the can. To entirely solve the problem, MIke installed a hook type lock (like old fashioned screen doors latches) and drilled it into the stainless steel lid and side. It works great when we don't forget to latch it! One morning it was left open and Buddy thought it would be a good time to get in there. I kept hearing a thud, thud on the wall, and he was caught in the act of standing on the handle, the lid kept hitting the wall while he tried getting things out!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Busy Buddy!!

The toilet paper-munching, shoe chewing kitty of mine used to get into our tall, very heavy garbage can when we'd had chicken wings. This thing was actually a rustic looking, homemade, converted onion/potato bin. If we made the mistake of leaving the lid open, apparently she'd get down into the bin, and drag the bones up and out. Over the years, no one ever saw her do this, but you would find where she had vomited up what she could not digest. The vomiting never deterred her, though, since she would do it as often as she could...even if you hid the bones under other things. Idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Hubby brought the mail in yesterday and put it on the side table next to the sofa. We left to run errands. Got home 2 hours later and it was all torn up in the middle of the floor. I sure hope there wasn't anything important in it. Do you think I can call the electric and phone company and say: "My dog ate my bill, so I can't pay it this month!" ???

But he did tear up the church newsletter that I wanted to read.

Left again to pick up daughter from work and the newspaper that was left on the sofa was on the floor, the bag chewed and the sale ad from the craft store chewed up (he chewed up my 40% off coupon!!!!! - well not that I was going to use it. )

I don't know WHAT has gotten into him the past couple of days. But whatever it is, it needs to come out.

at buddy stepping on the trashcan thingy to open it. That is a smart dog.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread